Game Discussion: Dead or Alive: Xtreme 2 Forum

The wish me luck thread

AuthorMessage
ezekiel 08
ezekiel 08
Posted on 20 April 09 at 00:37, Edited on 20 April 09 at 00:42 by ezekiel 08
albajos said:
I don't know if unlocking all movies has anything to do with the last achievement but if I'm 100% this game, I'm really going to 100% it.
No, you don't need to unlock all of the 1000+ movies for the secret achievement, just complete each girls Collection.

I assume you're going to buy all the Jetskies (watercrafts) for all the girls then if you want to 100% it? Just a heads up, it's gonna cost you just shy of 700 million Zack Dollars for just the Jetskies for all the girls redface ($699,570,000 to be exact). That's allot of effort for no reward cry.

Here's a scary fact, an estimate total (I can get you the EXACT ammount if you want) for all swimsuits one will have to buy for all the achievements costs $1,152,000,000. This is not including the money needed for all items or accessories or money for the secret ticket. If you add all the money together that you'll need to buy EVERYTHING in the game (and completely 100% it), you're looking around the $2 billion mark! INSANE...
Waiting for The Elder Scroll V :-)
dontcountstars
Posted on 25 April 09 at 02:48
haha I almost dont want to admit that I COMPLETELY feel the same way about the spreadsheet...its scarily satisfying :D
zyxomma100
zyxomma100
Posted on 13 May 09 at 16:07
You guys are insane. I'm telling myself that I'll work toward finishing this game over the summer, but I have about 25 other games (GBA, Xbox, and 360) that I haven't touched yet that I should get to first. (I'm a sucker for cheap games.)

I wish you all the best of luck. And Dog of Thunder, I'm especially rooting for you. No signout glitch, and you chose Helena first. smile
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 09 November 09 at 00:29, Edited on 09 November 09 at 00:31 by Rhyolitic
Ok, I know this is necroposting of the worst sort and all, but I wrote up a guide on the XBox forums.

http://forums.xbox.com/26517972/ShowPost.aspx

It'll tell you how to go about getting the achievements in this game. It's broken down into step by step phases that make this...chore...a bit easier. It's still time consuming and it relies on the sign out glitch.

Edit - This guide also relies on using Christie's Slot Machine, as opposed to the Roulette table for the main money making. A bit better, IMO, as you'll need to play the slot machine anyway to get the Secret Ticket for the Item Collection achievement (you'll need 2 if you want to unlock the pole dance scene while keeping one in inventory).
hatchywatchy
hatchywatchy
Posted on 09 November 09 at 12:56
I refuse to wish you luck on the basis that I wouldn't want you to torment yourself spending hundreds of hours playing a game you do not enjoy.

Why would you do it? WHYYY??
hatchy, the Gweat and Tewwible
IQwz
IQwz
Posted on 09 November 09 at 14:59
Good luck! I'm staying well away from this, its seriously hardcore...
John
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 09 November 09 at 16:37, Edited on 09 November 09 at 16:40 by Rhyolitic
Why do people climb Mt. Everest?

I'm trying to do both this one and Rumble Roses XX. Two of the most ridiculously time consuming games EVAR.

I tried Star Ocean: The Last Hope, but that kicked my rear. After getting all my chars to level 255 and getting ready to start in on the Ethereal Queen, I found out that I missed a Recipe that appeared within the first 20 minutes of the game, I said to hell with it.

Edit - I actually find DOAX2 to be rather cathartic. Sure, if you're going after the achievements it can be a bit of a pain, but otherwise, it's a very beautiful game and a good waveracing simulator. Ya, it's got boobs that bounce extremely unrealistically and all, but it can be enjoyable.
hatchywatchy
hatchywatchy
Posted on 10 November 09 at 09:35
Rhyolitic said:
Ya, it's got boobs that bounce extremely unrealistically and all, but it can be enjoyable.
Nice to know they haven't moved too far away from traditional DOA gaming..
hatchy, the Gweat and Tewwible
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 10 November 09 at 21:17
hatchywatchy said:
Rhyolitic said:
Ya, it's got boobs that bounce extremely unrealistically and all, but it can be enjoyable.
Nice to know they haven't moved too far away from traditional DOA gaming..
Honestly? I like this game better than the DOA fighting games. Too many cheap moves and otherwise stupid difficult achievements in DOA 4.

While DOAX2's achievements take time, they aren't exactly 'difficult' in the sense of say, getting Freeform Gold in Batman: Arkham Asylum or a Perfection medal in Halo 3, but rather diffcult in the sense of 'You need to dedicate hours to it'.

And that level of difficult is harder for some than others. No matter how hard I try, I'll never get better at DOA 4 or Halo 3 (better enough to get Steppin' Razor or Overkill that is). But I will be able to finish this game.

Oh, and for those wondering, the Jetskis are NOT required for the Item Complete achivement. However, you do need the Secret Ticket for every girl (which is why I suggest using Sign Out glitch w/ Christie's slot machine rather than the Roulette table) as well as having an extra canister of film in each girl's inventory.

I'm planning on truly 100% this game. That means every Virtual Pictorial action, every jetski, every girl's suits red hearted, every achievement and $99,999,999 for every girl at the end. :)
JonnyDelicious
Posted on 18 November 09 at 00:56
I admire this level of lunacy. Best of luck, maybe I'll join you if I find it cheap enough. ::glances over at PILE of unfinished games that were "cheap enough":: Eh, one more can't hurt.
Hoffman
Hoffman
Posted on 18 November 09 at 05:29
laugh I just picked up Golden Compass for 5 bucks because it was "cheap enough". I may never play it.
I put the goo in the giggidy giggidy.
JonnyDelicious
Posted on 22 November 09 at 15:33
I hear you Jon. I've got Spiderwick Chronicles for the same reason. But with my work schedule, I wind up playing more games like that (where I can get something done in 45 minutes or less) or arcade games than Fallout 3 or whatever I would like to throw some time into.
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 22 November 09 at 19:07
You should try it. It's very cathartic. Gift a suit here or there, play a match of volleyball, do a jetski race, etc. It's not something where you have to play for a long stretch of time to get something done. The game automatically saves after each time-section.

Though I do recommend getting a list printed out of the suits that you need to gift. There's a really good excel spreadsheet out there somewhere that has checkboxes for everything.
PhoenixAndy
PhoenixAndy
Posted on 23 November 09 at 12:31
I'll be embarking on this in the new year myself, and plan to take it very easy, and completely legit.

I'm under no illusions about how difficult (or repetative) it is, so I'm not expecting many (if any) achievements for it before *next* christmas. Will be an interesting project though.
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 23 November 09 at 17:42
It is possible 'legit', as there's someone in the XBox forums that did so. The estimated time frame for that method is around 1000 hours or so, depending on if you get unlucky with the suit gifting. Some girls don't like certain kinds of suits, like Hitomi doesn't like thong-style, which makes gifting Tina's to her dang near impossible.

I think after your first run of trying to gift difficult suits and going an entire vacation with only getting one done, you'll join us on the dark side with the sign out glitch. ;)
blastmastrj420i
Posted on 27 March 10 at 01:51
good luck officially, i have it, but only load it for the graphics! :P
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.