Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Deal of the Week: August 6th, 2013

• Posted on 06 August 13 at 19:34
    Hmmm, I really want to buy Rayman Origins. 50% at $9.99. I'm contemplating it!
  • Posted on 06 August 13 at 19:34
    Even though I know X-Men Destiny won't be a great game, I still really want to play it, but there's no way i can spend 20 bucks on it. 15, maybe, 10, yeah. Currently have Shattered Dimensions through Gamefly and it is very fun. Origins Wolverine was a blast too. And seriously people enough with the complaining, what do you want, blockbuster games for 5-10 dollars, get real!
    LTspeirs
  • litepinklitepink307,529
  • Posted on 06 August 13 at 19:58
    A Zesty Potato said:
    Which one is best, gameplay, story, and achievement wise?
    I can only offer my opinion wink

Gameplay would go to Shattered Dimensions. Playing as 4 different Spideys, all with different capabilities, was just fun. smile

Story would go to Edge of Time. Yes, they dropped 2 of the 4 Spider-Men, but the plot and characters they brought in outweighed what they left out.

Achievement wise, that depends on what you are looking for - in terms of difficulty I would rank them in the following order:

Shattered Dimensions
    Edge of Time
    The Amazing Spider-Man
    X-Men Origins Wolverine
    Web of Shadows
    X-Men Destiny
    Friend or Foe
    PSN: EmpathicMIMIC
  • Posted on 06 August 13 at 20:02
    Is there any order in what i should play any of these Spiderman games in? I've always wanted one
  • Posted on 06 August 13 at 20:08
    True XenoBlade said:
    Is there any order in what i should play any of these Spiderman games in? I've always wanted one
    Not really - they are all stand alone titles.
    PSN: EmpathicMIMIC
  • sm182sm182840,848
    Posted on 06 August 13 at 20:12
    I really don't know why no one writing articles at TA can actually spell 'Spider-Man' correctly, this is like the 8th time I've seen it written wrongly.

Anyway I would recommend any of the last 3 Spider-Man titles as they really are good... Just a shame about the price they want for them.
  • PrimusDPrimusD110,108
    Posted on 06 August 13 at 20:14
    Origins: Wolverine is actually a pretty decent game, and easy to 1000/1000, too. I'd definitely recommend it for the price.

X-Men Destiny, however...
  • Sneaky G WizardSneaky G Wizard1,333,389
    Posted on 06 August 13 at 20:18
    Voices Within24 said:
    Not interested but even if, can't buy anything cause of the Beta Dash, I know it's supposed to have errors and stuff but this is a complete shutdown for 2 weeks already, can't get anything
    and you weren't expecting that?
    I love rage quitting, makes me feel like a big man
  • DeeUUDeeUU251,181
    Posted on 06 August 13 at 20:28
    EMPATH1C MIM1C said:
    Danowat32 said:
    Spider man shattered dimension is supposed to be a very good game, and it seems to command a decent price still in disc format, I'd be interested, if space on my hard drive wasn't at such a premium..........

Now, can someone tell me this........

If I delete one of my 'free' games for gold games, can I still download it again, for free, now the promotion is over?
    Yes - once you initiated the original download you tied the game to your tag. If you delete the game for whatever reason you can always go back and download it again for no charge.

P.S. Shattered Dimensions is an exceptional game wink
    Thanks, Dimensions it is then :)
  • BobSaget007BobSaget007237,601
    Posted on 06 August 13 at 20:30
    They should have added MUA 2 and both Lego Batman games on there.
  • Posted on 06 August 13 at 20:37
    They are trying too hard to get us into their Games On Demand items. I WANT ME SOME ARCADE GAMES.
    Don't judge my hobby when you just did nothing but get on Facebook all day.
  • pezza888pezza888169,294
    Posted on 06 August 13 at 20:54
    Please can article writers post a price for Games on Demand games on sale so everyone doesn't have to click out on the links to see prices?
  • dsp100252dsp100252392,081
    Posted on 06 August 13 at 20:59
    I might get Michael Jackson the Experience, although I think it's weird that the box says for Ages 12 and Under...
    Kelly Hansen "dsp100252"
  • Posted on 06 August 13 at 21:14
    i think i get 1 of the spider-man games.
  • Posted on 06 August 13 at 21:14
    I want those Spider-Man games, but I won't pay more than $10 for them. Some of them are just plain old and even though they might be worth more than $10, no, time has passed, they need to be on sale for less.
  • dlCHIEF58dlCHIEF58513,355
    Posted on 06 August 13 at 21:15
    drownedLTspeirs said:
    Even though I know X-Men Destiny won't be a great game, I still really want to play it, but there's no way i can spend 20 bucks on it. 15, maybe, 10, yeah. Currently have Shattered Dimensions through Gamefly and it is very fun. Origins Wolverine was a blast too. And seriously people enough with the complaining, what do you want, blockbuster games for 5-10 dollars, get real!
    To be quite honest, I don't see how Microsoft is still even selling the game as it has been recalled due to the lawsuit Epic had against Silicon Knights for using unlicensed Unreal technology. Both this and the Too Human were to have been removed from sale by court order. All copies were to be recalled and destroyed by December of last year at Silicon Knights expense.
  • dlCHIEF58dlCHIEF58513,355
    Posted on 06 August 13 at 21:17
    dsp100252 said:
    I might get Michael Jackson the Experience, although I think it's weird that the box says for Ages 12 and Under...
    Because that was the way Michael liked them!
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic539,972
    Posted on 06 August 13 at 21:43
    Phew. No money spent this week. More to put towards Tales of Xillia CE, Killer is Dead, Saints Row 4, Kingdom Hearts 1.5, Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster, and Disgaea D2.

Holy cow...I just realized I've bought a ton of games this year. Heck, just the last couple of months has been outrageous. Keep up with the crap 'deals' MS!
  • AZIANDRAGONAZIANDRAGON355,989
    Posted on 06 August 13 at 21:43
    i would consider edge of time if they put back the dlc but i don't see that happening. yeah i know the dlc is not achievement related but i would still like it as long as it's not an outrageous price.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.