Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Deal of the Week: August 6th, 2013

• RacxieRacxie563,771
    Posted on 06 August 13 at 21:53
    Lavindathar said:
    How much is wolverine in uk. Xbox.com won't load from work.
    Gold Exclusive Price
    £11.99

Original Price
    £14.99
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty838,829
    Posted on 06 August 13 at 22:06
    Piss poor week. Never mind, I havn't got any points left anyway dance
  • Kyuubi AlphaKyuubi Alpha1,246,358
    Posted on 06 August 13 at 22:12
    X-Men: Destiny thought that would be problematic seeing the whole law suit against SK and the recall of too human and X-Men: Destiny from sale.
  • Tanelorn82Tanelorn82488,358
    Posted on 06 August 13 at 22:14
    Even if SD seems interesting, my huge backlog doesn't justify to spend 15$ on it. I would have needed a better price.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 August 13 at 22:19
    crap deal,im still waiting for sale season pass halo4,and some arcade games like deadlight and trine2angry
  • SgtPepper613SgtPepper613596,404
    Posted on 06 August 13 at 22:33
    Can't speak for most of these, but The Amazing Spider-man was a blast to play. The web-swinging and combat system are really fun and intuitive. I would definitely recommend it, especially if you're a fan of Spidey or enjoyed the Spider-man 2 game - it is similar but improves on it significantly with gameplay and graphics. However, you should be able to find a better deal somewhere...depends if you want it ASAP or are willing to bid on ebay or go to the store.
  • Posted on 06 August 13 at 22:41
    You would assume that now is the time they would start selling a ton of games at cut rates, considering they will sell less of the games on demand once xbox one comes out. But that clearly isn't the case.
  • Seven ClipSeven Clip375,609
    Posted on 06 August 13 at 23:02
    GoD are always so over priced.
  • Posted on 06 August 13 at 23:11
    these are cheaper in the bargain bin at walmart and ebs.....
    Native Pride
  • KanjiKokaKanjiKoka323,635
    Posted on 06 August 13 at 23:18
    livingt0n said:
    Every time I see GoD games in DotW I think "Sweet some 5 dollar pickups!" Instead it's always "Look were almost as cheap as your local gamestore...almost".
    Exactly!! laugh
    Job & A Social Life, achievements most gamers refuse to earn...therefore, their ratios are high.
  • boldfoxrdboldfoxrd461,391
    Posted on 06 August 13 at 23:19
    £15 for Wolverine. No thanks :(
    RD
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead706,369
  • Posted on 06 August 13 at 23:50
    EMPATH1C MIM1C said:
    Danowat32 said:
    Spider man shattered dimension is supposed to be a very good game, and it seems to command a decent price still in disc format, I'd be interested, if space on my hard drive wasn't at such a premium..........

Now, can someone tell me this........

If I delete one of my 'free' games for gold games, can I still download it again, for free, now the promotion is over?
    Yes - once you initiated the original download you tied the game to your tag. If you delete the game for whatever reason you can always go back and download it again for no charge.

P.S. Shattered Dimensions is an exceptional game wink
    With NPH and Christopher Daniel Barnes as two of the Spider-Man characters, hell yeah. Hopefully NPH didn't leave some 'love stains' this time though...
  • Digg2000Digg2000243,059
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 00:35
    This is bad, real bad, Michael Jackson.
  • matdanmatdan840,592
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 00:40
    Not even getting them at a semi decent price could them on disc brand new for the price they charge. Time they got back to arcade sales.
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic539,972
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 00:45
    Crimzon Nutcase said:
    With NPH and Christopher Daniel Barnes as two of the Spider-Man characters, hell yeah. Hopefully NPH didn't leave some 'love stains' this time though...
    Fun fact, NPH voiced Veteran Child in Saints Row 2. I couldn't even tell it was him. Sat through the credits and saw it. Looks like he's reprising the role in SR4.
  • AncientTidesAncientTides264,504
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 01:20
    The couple that I'm interested in I could probably pick up cheaper on disc, plus I only have about 6gb free on my hard drive. I really recommend Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions though.
  • PESTILENCEPESTILENCE206,053
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 01:33
    True XenoBlade said:
    Is there any order in what i should play any of these Spiderman games in? I've always wanted one
    The only two that really tie in together is shattered dimensions and edge of time. With that in mind you should play shattered dimensions then edge of time.
  • Posted on 07 August 13 at 02:27
    What would be really nice is if they did a 50% off or more on all dlc of games that have been on Xbox Live from 2006 to 2010 or 2011. Then maybe I could get the dlc for enslaved and not spend more on the dlc than I did on the game.
  • Posted on 07 August 13 at 02:48, Edited on 07 August 13 at 02:49 by NASTYSPLITTER
    what's with all the games on demand sales? I have all these on disc. not to mention at this point I don't have the hard drive space to add these games. anyone know if the XBOX One will have an upgradable hard drive a la PS3? Anyone know how to swap a hard drive into the 360 hard drive case? Phillies blow! WTF Papelbon?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.