Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Deal of the Week: August 6th, 2013

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 August 13 at 02:54
    i get to save money this week
    My God promised me "hope and change" over 2000 years ago, how is your god working out?
  • DJB HustlinDJB Hustlin541,566
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 03:12
    X-Men Origins was pure awesome
    I'm Awkward With Potential: Boss Major
  • Posted on 07 August 13 at 04:03
    How often is deal of the week? I know it's once a week but I would like to know what day it falls on.
  • CASS190684CASS190684253,368
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 04:40
    I really wish they'd stop pushing GoD so hard lately. Starting to think we'll never see another half price arcade game again.
    Although it could be part of their plan to have such unappealing sales recently so that no one spends any of their MSP in order to then screw everyone over when they convert points to money next month. I wouldn't put anything past M$ anymore.
    I like what I like and I don't what I don't.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,403,521
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 04:54
    Guys, don't be expecting any good sales for the next four weeks. I probably wouldn't expect any arcade games to go on sale for the next four weeks either. Microsoft is starting the Summer of Arcade this week, and historically, the sales during the Summer of Arcade period are not very good.

The Back to School sale should be around the corner in mid-to-late September, which should see a respite from that.
    Gamers have two hobbies: Playing games, and complaining about those games
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead706,369
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 04:54, Edited on 07 August 13 at 04:58 by HolyHalfDead
    NASTYSPLITTER said:
    what's with all the games on demand sales? I have all these on disc. not to mention at this point I don't have the hard drive space to add these games. anyone know if the XBOX One will have an upgradable hard drive a la PS3? Anyone know how to swap a hard drive into the 360 hard drive case? Phillies blow! WTF Papelbon?
    The Xbox One hard disk is not upgradeable, one of the reasons I will wait for the 1TB version of the console (despite having just purchased AC4). But the American Dream is a Cloudy one full of Streams. In otherwords the hard drive is just a local cache, because you can start playing any of the games and content you own from the Microsoft servers while it streams the rest to the HD cache in the background.

But if the fact that New Zealand was crying out for Minecraft to be released on disc is anything to go by, despite the fact it is only 150MB in size and costs 25% more, then we aren't ready for that brave new world yet. Heck, we still have shops that sell CD's and DVD's here!

A quote from the mail order site I use:
    I have Dial up Internet so MineCraft has always been unavailable to me. The only time I get to play it is when a mate comes round with his Xbox, it's my favourite game of all time and I've had an Xbox since '07so I've played a lot of games! The second I saw it for sale on disk I pre-ordered it :) Thanks Mojang for your consideration of your fans.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,403,521
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 05:25
    HolyHa1fDead said:
    NASTYSPLITTER said:
    what's with all the games on demand sales? I have all these on disc. not to mention at this point I don't have the hard drive space to add these games. anyone know if the XBOX One will have an upgradable hard drive a la PS3? Anyone know how to swap a hard drive into the 360 hard drive case? Phillies blow! WTF Papelbon?
    The Xbox One hard disk is not upgradeable, one of the reasons I will wait for the 1TB version of the console (despite having just purchased AC4). But the American Dream is a Cloudy one full of Streams. In otherwords the hard drive is just a local cache, because you can start playing any of the games and content you own from the Microsoft servers while it streams the rest to the HD cache in the background.
    Yes, Xbox One does not come with an upgradable harddrive, but it will allow you to plug in any USB 3.0 external harddrive and store as much data as you want on that (as opposed to the 16GB limit they have on the 360). Probably cheaper for the consumer actually, because the price of the proprietary Xbox 360 HDD has always been higher than a standard external HDD of larger capacity.
    Gamers have two hobbies: Playing games, and complaining about those games
  • Posted on 07 August 13 at 05:42, Edited on 07 August 13 at 05:47 by J3FF TH3 CH3F
    Not even November and mickeysoft are back to there old ways. Good thing I can always get a good deal of PS Plus and by that I mean free. No Happy Wars included thankfully. Have fun collecting your happy stars for the next decade. laugh
    PS4 > Xbox1
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic539,972
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 06:05
    xPut Name Herex said:
    Yes, Xbox One does not come with an upgradable harddrive, but it will allow you to plug in any USB 3.0 external harddrive and store as much data as you want on that (as opposed to the 16GB limit they have on the 360). Probably cheaper for the consumer actually, because the price of the proprietary Xbox 360 HDD has always been higher than a standard external HDD of larger capacity.
    32gb actually for the 360. I've got a couple of USB thumb drives that I use to move stuff back and forth. In fact, if one is looking for cheap space for the 360, I'd wait for a Black Friday-type sale and stock up on the things.
  • Phoenix C64Phoenix C64317,594
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 06:24
    Smash Da Halo said:
    Raezie said:
    Ever since they started giving out free games dotw has gotten even shitter than usual...
    i would disagree with you on that. last month, i got the psycho for borderlands 2, omega for mass effect 3, costume value pack for ultimate marvel vs capcom 3, and the assassins creed 3 season pass all at a discount.
    ME3 content at discount? when was that? i missed this completely!
    Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
  • Patriot65108Patriot65108815,163
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 06:35
    So, they're lowering the prices on digital downloads so they can compete with the retailers who sell physical copies. I mean, most these games can be purchased on disc for same prices...some are even cheaper. Good luck M$. You gave some great prices during the Ultimate Game Sale but this is weak. You get no money from me this week.
    [url=http://raptr.com/rdwolf260?src=em_all][img]http://raptr.com/badge/rdwolf260/fs_overall.png[/img
  • Posted on 07 August 13 at 09:35
    Rayman Origins is only £8.99 this week as well.

That's cheaper than I can find a boxed version anywhere, new or second-hand.
  • DoddingtownDoddingtown662,273
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 10:10
    RyanMushr00ms said:
    Crappp
    Another week where I won't be spending my money.
    Did like that GR:FS went for £11.99. That was pretty nice.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 August 13 at 10:20
    Enough with the GoD sales already! Where are the DLC and XBLA sales?
    "Booyah" - Jeff Winger
  • taximiketaximike472,815
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 10:24
    12 pound for wolverine, Seems expensive. Great game though.
  • Posted on 07 August 13 at 10:35
    This is good!

Another week I can save my Money! clap
  • Posted on 07 August 13 at 10:36
    CASS190684 said:
    I really wish they'd stop pushing GoD so hard lately. Starting to think we'll never see another half price arcade game again.
    Although it could be part of their plan to have such unappealing sales recently so that no one spends any of their MSP in order to then screw everyone over when they convert points to money next month. I wouldn't put anything past M$ anymore.
    I Think you might be on to something here!
  • MagnumZeroMagnumZero504,929
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 12:19
    I thought Xmen: Destiny copies and data were supposed to be destroyed per the outcome of the lawsuit between SK and Epic?
  • Posted on 07 August 13 at 12:42
    Bummer, bunch of games here that I wouldn't mind playing (Wolverine, Dimensions, etc.), but not at those prices.
  • Posted on 07 August 13 at 12:44
    Phoenix C64 said:
    Smash Da Halo said:
    Raezie said:
    Ever since they started giving out free games dotw has gotten even shitter than usual...
    i would disagree with you on that. last month, i got the psycho for borderlands 2, omega for mass effect 3, costume value pack for ultimate marvel vs capcom 3, and the assassins creed 3 season pass all at a discount.
    ME3 content at discount? when was that? i missed this completely!
    Me too, details please??
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.