Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Deal of the Week: August 6th, 2013

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 August 13 at 12:52
    Armstrong x360a said:
    Phoenix C64 said:
    Smash Da Halo said:
    Raezie said:
    Ever since they started giving out free games dotw has gotten even shitter than usual...
    i would disagree with you on that. last month, i got the psycho for borderlands 2, omega for mass effect 3, costume value pack for ultimate marvel vs capcom 3, and the assassins creed 3 season pass all at a discount.
    ME3 content at discount? when was that? i missed this completely!
    Me too, details please??
    Deal of the Week: July 2nd, 2013

It wasn't linked to Mass Effect 3 though. Which just goes to show that we really should have automated PMs on DLC and games that people have flagged.
    "Booyah" - Jeff Winger
  • marklynxmarklynx2,110,809
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 13:03
    Nutta for me this week
  • Brambl3tenBrambl3ten49,524
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 13:13
    Picked up Shattered Dimensions, should be downloaded some time next month thanks to crappy Cumbrian village internet.
  • DaeryoonDaeryoon512,309
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 13:46
    I Adriian I said:
    How often is deal of the week? I know it's once a week but I would like to know what day it falls on.
    Deal of the Week (DotW) runs from one Tuesday to the next Tuesday. The actual times vary and sometimes the old deal stays up on the following Tuesday for a while. Major Nelson posts what is going on sale for the week and the next in his blog, but that has been known to be incorrect sometimes in the past.

Best advice is wait until Tuesday evening (assuming you are US) and checking the dash or Xbox.com. By then, TA has also posted the "official" deals with links. There are also other sales on a regular basis outside of DotW that can be found in the Sales Hub here on TA.

Linkage: Sales Hub
    I am what I am, and that's all that I am, an XBLA completion addict.
  • Posted on 07 August 13 at 14:37
    wolverine is a surprisingly good game, not a bad 1000 either.
    Friends don't let friends put TLA on their card.
  • Posted on 07 August 13 at 14:57
    Nothing interesting. The free games haven't been either IMO. laugh
    IMO, alot of people will be buying the PS4 rather than the Xbox One. I know I will.
  • WestsideSxEWestsideSxE496,633
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 15:47
    does the GoD version of Friend or Foe work on slim decks? Really confused the hell out of me when I dusted it off and R2D2 had a black screen...
  • Lord BaneJLord BaneJ266,291
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 15:53
    Still too expensive. Will consider if MS priced them lower than $10.
  • Demo MCNDemo MCN242,658
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 16:43
    X-Men Destiny is only thing that got my interest.
    But no gold, no savings, no purchases.
  • Posted on 07 August 13 at 16:52
    Demo MCN said:
    X-Men Destiny is only thing that got my interest.
    But no gold, no savings, no purchases.
    I advise staying away from the turdfest known as X-Men Destiny - it was terrible.

If you have Gamefly, I would not even advise wasting a delivery on that title. Amazon has some used copies for ~$8, but that is still too damn high.
    PSN: EmpathicMIMIC
  • ksiddiqueksiddique583,356
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 16:59
    Daeryoon said:
    There are also other sales on a regular basis outside of DotW that can be found in the Sales Hub here on TA.

Linkage: Sales Hub
    Do the current DOTW sales show up for you in the Sales Hub? They don't show up for me. All I see is Crackdown and Shadowrun.
  • PhilmnatorPhilmnator283,538
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 17:06
    Wolverine is a great game no joke haha! and Destiny makes for an easy 100% if you're willing to slog through it lol

but you could get them used for cheaper
  • Rista BRista B745,018
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 17:22
    Nothing interesting to me this week, but was happy to get Crackdown for free.
  • Dejected SantaDejected Santa1,032,975
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 17:50
    Man this is one of the reasons I hate that we are slowly heading toward digital distribution.

X-Men: The Official Game a mediocre game released in 2006 ON SALE for 20 bucks? Regular price $30?!?!!

Get the fuck outta here with that shit
  • Posted on 07 August 13 at 18:12, Edited on 07 August 13 at 20:01 by a Fi1thy Casual
    Dejected Santa said:
    Man this is one of the reasons I hate that we are slowly heading toward digital distribution.

X-Men: The Official Game a mediocre game released in 2006 ON SALE for 20 bucks? Regular price $30?!?!!

Get the fuck outta here with that shit
    I agree.

Steams sales over the past few months have put Microsoft to shame, not to mention most of the above can be bought new at Amazon for the same price or less.

http://www.amazon.com/X-Men-Destiny-Xbox-360/dp/B004MXQ3DY/r...

http://www.amazon.com/X-Men-Official-Game-Xbox-360/dp/B000EX...

Look at the "used" option, and the prices get better! laugh (albeit you run the risk of getting shit quality roll).

Microsoft complained about the disc-based system we have now, but they won't do anything to change it. You want to go to digital only, Microsoft? THEN LOWER YOUR DIGITAL PRICES!!! Show us the actual benefit of not buying a disc that we can trade in, or sell, at a later date!

Damn, I would be impressed if Microsoft even offered a $10 price reduction for digital games! That day one title you just bought - could have saved $10 on digital - that would get some (maybe not a lot of) momentum going in digital's favor. But no, instead we see $20 for a game that is 7 YEARS OLD!

Absolutely brilliant. roll
  • WickedDeathWickedDeath541,001
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 19:34
    So 50% off highly over priced old as hell games still leaves them over priced and Michael jackson? any still support that dead pedophile?
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic509,953
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 20:26, Edited on 08 August 13 at 00:57 by Rhyolitic
    EMPATH1C MIM1C said:
    Microsoft complained about the disc-based system we have now, but they won't do anything to change it. You want to go to digital only, Microsoft? THEN LOWER YOUR DIGITAL PRICES!!! Show us the actual benefit of not buying a disc that we can trade in, or sell, at a later date!
    That's because digital distribution is NOT in the favor of the buyer. It's grossly one-sided in favor of the seller. Yes, there are sales like Steam's, but that is really the exception rather than the rule, IMO.

Excessive publisher control of prices, no resale, excessive DRM-type control all for...you don't need a disc...wow, that's such a great bargain right there...

/sarcasmoff
  • Posted on 07 August 13 at 22:24, Edited on 07 August 13 at 22:25 by a Fi1thy Casual
    ^ All I was saying was they could at least make an effort...

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-us/Product/Transformers-FOC/6...

It's going to be a year old and it is still $60 to download, as opposed to this:

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Fall-Cybertron-microsoft-...

And as you stated, the pros of having a disc in hand greatly outweigh that download, and yet they offer nothing to even lure people to that concept, save a deal once in awhile (depending on taste, and what one is willing to pay for roll).

Last one I actually paid for was DMC4, and that's only because it was $5, and I happened to have that in MS points.
  • Edge2099Edge2099120,108
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 22:39
    EMPATH1C MIM1C said:
    Wow - no one here wants any of the Beenox Spideys?!?!?

Damn - if you guys haven't played them you are missing out. SD was amazing. If I didn't already own it I would pay $15 for it.
    Agreed, I might pick up Web of Shadows since I own the others already and possibly X-Men again.
  • prokopprokop242,768
    Posted on 07 August 13 at 22:42
    whats the fee game this month? if you know, can you just send me a quick pm please. i cant find it.
    C.C. Prokop
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.