The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Microsoft Holding 'Back to School' Sale

• DakotaThriceDakotaThrice306,240
    Posted on 06 September 12 at 12:31Permalink
    ROBomination said:
    When has a sale ever been for non-gold members? (Besides permanent price reduction)
    DOTW are the only regular Gold exclusive, demoes for retail titles usually have a Gold only week before being publicly available. http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/NGII-Mission-Mode/... was also GOld Exclusive for months before it got a general reduction.
  • Posted on 06 September 12 at 15:06Permalink
    DakotaThrice said:
    ROBomination said:
    When has a sale ever been for non-gold members? (Besides permanent price reduction)
    DOTW are the only regular Gold exclusive, demoes for retail titles usually have a Gold only week before being publicly available. http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/NGII-Mission-Mode/... was also GOld Exclusive for months before it got a general reduction.
    Hate to say that Rob but he's right only DotW are for Gold Members all other Sales are for everyone...
  • Posted on 06 September 12 at 16:07Permalink
    ROBomination said:
    DradusContact said:
    Anyone know what todays (thursday) daily deal is? I'd like Trials Evolution or the Arkham City Harley Quinns Revenge.
    UFC season pass.
    Wait, there have been daily deals this whole time? Why was this not mentioned before?
    I miss the good old days of WW2 Call of Duty
  • zyxomma100zyxomma100192,827
    Posted on 06 September 12 at 16:18Permalink
    xPut Name Herex said:
    Wait, there have been daily deals this whole time? Why was this not mentioned before?
    It seems like every day this week, a different season pass is being put up for sale.

Tuesday was LA Noire. Wednesday was Mortal Kombat. And today it seems to be UFC.
  • Posted on 06 September 12 at 18:01Permalink
    xPut Name Herex said:
    ROBomination said:
    DradusContact said:
    Anyone know what todays (thursday) daily deal is? I'd like Trials Evolution or the Arkham City Harley Quinns Revenge.
    UFC season pass.
    I did post it, a bit earlier. I also put it in my status, just so I could try and let people know :)
    In this world gone mad, we won't spank the monkey, the monkey will spank us!
  • Posted on 06 September 12 at 19:40Permalink
    AntaraelDulacre said:
    DakotaThrice said:
    ROBomination said:
    Hate to say that Rob but he's right only DotW are for Gold Members all other Sales are for everyone...
    Ah, well paint me pink and call me Sally.
    Twitter: @ROBomination | Xbox Ambassdor | DO NOT: Take the internet seriously.
  • Posted on 06 September 12 at 21:44Permalink
    Kaiser679 said:
    Foobnum said:
    If anyone needs points, http://www.crazygametime.com/ has their sale going. 4000 points for $39. Works for both US and Canadian accounts. Code is emailed within minutes. I have a Canadian account and had no problem adding these points to my account!
    Anybody else think this seems like a scam? "Due to increased credit card fraud, you must enter your phone numer... Ummm, how does that prevent credit card fraud exactly?
    I've been thru this lots of times, specially with German sellers. Sometimes they phone you and verify you are the one who ordered, then they send you an email with the code at the moment. Other sellers (like Spanish ones) do send the code 5 seconds later they recive the paypal payment straig to your cellphone.

Dunno about your particular case, but the ones I've given my number so far were trusty sellers wave
  • Posted on 06 September 12 at 21:53Permalink
    Daeryoon said:
    ROBomination said:
    Man, there isn't one person complaining about how all these sales have been done before and no one wants them. This feels un-natural.
    Because a lot of these are new sales, and there is something on this list for everyone. It's finally a truly great, well-rounded sale. toast

Everyone should be happy with this one. I certainly appreciate all the deals, even if I bought some of these are higher prices prior to this sale. clapsmile
    There's something that's been debated (and complained) a lot of; poor DOTW making GOLD SUBSCRIPTION not worthy at this rate of "bland deals" (if you happen to be no fan of COD, BF Halo, GOW or FIFA).

And there is a pointto it; DOTW may be good, but what's trully spot-on is the back to school sale wich is avaliable for both gold and silvers.

I'm quite satisfied with both the DOTW and BTS sales and won't ever complain but can understand people feeling unease as the "exclusive sales for premium customers" are just 5 titles and two of those have been already discounted.

Just saying.

BTW already got WARP (highly recomended) and considering getting 3 to 4 more titles.

dive
  • Posted on 06 September 12 at 21:56Permalink
    Is Raskulls good anyone? Looks an easy completion too which is a plus
  • theshieguytheshieguy512,604
    Posted on 07 September 12 at 02:08Permalink
    Does anyone with Forza 4 VIP know if the Porsche pack is priced at 400 MS on the in-game marketplace? Or is it the normal VIP discount at the usual 1200 MS points (no price change to reflect MS's 50% discount)?

I may just cave and buy the VIP membership if I can get the Porsche pack for 400.
  • matdanmatdan750,174
    Posted on 07 September 12 at 03:48Permalink
    Bazinga I said:
    Yeah I would like to know.
  • Posted on 07 September 12 at 12:13Permalink
    Z4M0 said:
    There's something that's been debated (and complained) a lot of; poor DOTW making GOLD SUBSCRIPTION not worthy at this rate of "bland deals" (if you happen to be no fan of COD, BF Halo, GOW or FIFA).
    I don't think I've seen one person complain about that. Just re-used saled / less and less price. I mean they save $10 a month not going gold, so I'd tell them to shut up about not being able to save $2 every few months.
  • Posted on 07 September 12 at 12:48Permalink
    ROBomination said:
    Z4M0 said:
    I don't think I've seen one person complain about that. Just re-used saled / less and less price. I mean they save $10 a month not going gold, so I'd tell them to shut up about not being able to save $2 every few months.
    It's only $5 a month to go Gold. So now that I think of it, you only have to save 400MSP a month on DotW for Gold to be "worth it" (this is of course ignoring all the other benefits of Gold like online multiplayer, party chat, premium apps, etc.)
    I miss the good old days of WW2 Call of Duty
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 September 12 at 14:17Permalink
    A back to school sale for children (16 or under mostly)

and they have 18+ titles wtf? smile
  • KylKoKylKo914,655
    Posted on 08 September 12 at 00:38Permalink
    xGearsCarnage said:

Back to school applies to college students as well. My university classes started up with the new semester recently and any kind of boost (like this sale) is more than welcome!
  • finallife6finallife6844,095
    Posted on 08 September 12 at 00:48Permalink
    xGearsCarnage said:

The last time i checked all students arent under the age of 16 hell im 17 wink (if you care to why i have mature rated games im old enough to buy them thank you music)
  • Posted on 08 September 12 at 15:49Permalink
    finallife6 said:
    xGearsCarnage said:

The last time i checked all students arent under the age of 16 hell im 17 wink (if you care to why i have mature rated games im old enough to buy them thank you music)
    Have we completley forgotten about college?
  • AxessAxess153,724
    Posted on 08 September 12 at 22:32Permalink
    Picked up The Simpsons.
  • Posted on 09 September 12 at 06:37Permalink
    matdan12 said:
    Bazinga I said:
    Yeah I would like to know.
    Its okay. Nothing great. I enjoyed it, to a point. Competitive mp is fun.
    In this world gone mad, we won't spank the monkey, the monkey will spank us!
  • Posted on 10 September 12 at 00:19Permalink
    Now this is a sale! :D
    Sincerely,Your Dread Lord[img]http://homepage.mac.com/cyberskull/.Pictures/Me/FF6-CyberSkull_Long_Si
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.