Game Discussion: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Forum

Daily and Weekly challenges?

AuthorMessage
xxDAMRONxx
560,742
xxDAMRONxx
Posted on 26 February 19 at 23:46
I tried to explain earlier, but they are never bringing these back. These achievements were tied to the shadownet portion of the game which was connected via the Ubisoft club. This game was removed from the Ubisoft club support and thus will not be coming back. No Ubisoft game has ever been put back on the Ubisoft club support after being removed
ScoringASH
365,800
ScoringASH
Posted on 27 February 19 at 09:42, Edited on 27 February 19 at 17:45 by ScoringASH
xxDAMRONxx said:
I tried to explain earlier, but they are never bringing these back. These achievements were tied to the shadownet portion of the game which was connected via the Ubisoft club. This game was removed from the Ubisoft club support and thus will not be coming back. No Ubisoft game has ever been put back on the Ubisoft club support after being removed
Your probably right, it’s just I and a few other people was told by support that they should still be running.

Either way if this is the reason they are gone , ubi support could have communicated this a lot better as no one seems to have a defintive answer.
R4AssaultRifle
Posted on 01 March 19 at 03:07
They still claim to be working hard on a solution, but that remains to be seen though. I wouldn't mind a Splinter Cell Blacklist HD for xbox one tbh without the challenges achievements, just like they did with Hitman Absolution HD from IO Interactive and Assassins Creed III HD.

I mean if they can make hd versions with separate achievement lists not online that works too then why not for Splinter Cell Blacklist its really ridiculous how come they cant fix just one issue or resolve it in a different way.

Personally i would love an HD remaster if they are just going to keep lying about working on the problem.
J4me5 R0ck5
394,491
J4me5 R0ck5
Posted on 01 March 19 at 18:19
Just thought i’d add my experience on this issue, i have the game but not started it as noticed these 2 challenge achievements are currently unobtainable. Thought i might as well flag this as an issue to Ubisoft as i was hoping that with the more requests for these to be reinstated they might be more inclined to act. Anyway the response was that they were actively working on it and were adamant the servers for the game definitely hadn’t been turned off. Not sure if their support team is either ignorant or just being economical with the truth but they definitely didn’t allude to anything similar to what Damron is indicating about certain functionality being permanently removed. If that were the case i’m not sure why they’d be so reticent to confirm that. This game is on sale this month so they’re actively marketing it i just hope they really are actively trying to fix it. They referred me to the Ubisoft forums for potential updates on this. They have a stupid policy of closing down support tickets if they get 4 consecutive days of no communication, considering them as resolved!
xxDAMRONxx
560,742
xxDAMRONxx
Posted on 02 March 19 at 02:25, Edited on 02 March 19 at 02:27 by xxDAMRONxx
There is a disconnect between what you all are hearing and understanding about the challenges.

The Blacklist “servers” are still up and functional.

The challenges, on the other hand, are handled through the UbiSoft club server (shadownet) for the game, which is no longer supported. This is the issue, and they will not likely add it back to UbiSoft club.

Honestly I hope they do fix it as I have the game, but I just don’t see it happening
Zeh Marcoss
432,039
Zeh Marcoss
Posted on 02 March 19 at 21:49
The only thing I know is that those in-game challenges stopped working long before they announced any service or game support shutdown, regardless of being related with the Ubisoft Club or not.

Besides that, I may be wrong, but I don't know what the in-game challenges have to do with those specific Ubisoft Club Challenges (which are no longer supported), because as far as I know they were different things.

It seems to me that shutting down the game support on Shadownet, Ubisoft Club or whatever, is just an excuse to justify a problem they don't want to fix.

Howsoever, at this point, I also think that a fix is very unlikely.
ScoringASH
365,800
ScoringASH
Posted on 04 March 19 at 18:41
Someone appears to have gotten the daily challenge achievement on the 2nd March 2019. Doesn’t appear to be hacked. Strange.
Mr Fiddler
419,624
Mr Fiddler
Posted on 04 March 19 at 20:19
Hmm, I'd given up launching the game every day to check if they were back. facepalm Maybe there is still hope?
ScoringASH
365,800
ScoringASH
Posted on 05 March 19 at 18:47, Edited on 05 March 19 at 18:47 by ScoringASH
Is anyone else having issues getting into multiplayer? It just gets stuck on connecting and then I have to close the game down. Also the leaderboards and friend challenges aren’t working either.

I tried it on my old 360 aswell and on there it just gets stuck verifying uplay account.
ScoringASH
365,800
ScoringASH
Posted on 06 March 19 at 10:19
The same guy who got the daily challenge achievement not long ago just got the weekly one aswell. Not sure how as the website has no challenges up and I can’t even get into MP in game.
guycarb
264,153
guycarb
Posted on 06 March 19 at 12:00
ScoringASH said:
The same guy who got the daily challenge achievement not long ago just got the weekly one aswell. Not sure how as the website has no challenges up and I can’t even get into MP in game.
How could he have earned the weekly challenge achievement only 2 days after earning the daily challenge achievement? (March 2nd for the daily & March 4th for the weekly?) Seems a little suspect... no? Have you tried messaging Ada Wong 2605 ?
Elite1111111111
Posted on 06 March 19 at 13:20
guycarb said:
ScoringASH said:
The same guy who got the daily challenge achievement not long ago just got the weekly one aswell. Not sure how as the website has no challenges up and I can’t even get into MP in game.
How could he have earned the weekly challenge achievement only 2 days after earning the daily challenge achievement? (March 2nd for the daily & March 4th for the weekly?) Seems a little suspect... no? Have you tried messaging Ada Wong 2605 ?
It being a weekly challenge doesn't mean it takes a week. I'm not saying it's not a suspicious unlock, but the fact they earned it 2 days after their daily isn't what's suspicious about it.
guycarb
264,153
guycarb
Posted on 06 March 19 at 14:54
Elite1111111111 said:
guycarb said:
ScoringASH said:
The same guy who got the daily challenge achievement not long ago just got the weekly one aswell. Not sure how as the website has no challenges up and I can’t even get into MP in game.
How could he have earned the weekly challenge achievement only 2 days after earning the daily challenge achievement? (March 2nd for the daily & March 4th for the weekly?) Seems a little suspect... no? Have you tried messaging Ada Wong 2605 ?
It being a weekly challenge doesn't mean it takes a week. I'm not saying it's not a suspicious unlock, but the fact they earned it 2 days after their daily isn't what's suspicious about it.
That makes perfect sense Elite, thank you for clarifying! This game has been in my backlog for yrs so I wasn’t familiar with what the weeklies could be... just that they were “discontinued”...
Elite1111111111
Posted on 06 March 19 at 15:02, Edited on 06 March 19 at 15:03 by Elite1111111111
guycarb said:
That makes perfect sense Elite, thank you for clarifying! This game has been in my backlog for yrs so I wasn’t familiar with what the weeklies could be... just that they were “discontinued”...
All it means is that there is (or was, rather) a new challenge every week, just as a daily challenge is a new challenge available each day. Weeklies would just have a higher requirement for finishing.
Mr Fiddler
419,624
Mr Fiddler
Posted on 07 March 19 at 03:17
ScoringASH said:
Is anyone else having issues getting into multiplayer? It just gets stuck on connecting and then I have to close the game down. Also the leaderboards and friend challenges aren’t working either.

I tried it on my old 360 aswell and on there it just gets stuck verifying uplay account.
Yeah, I'm seeing this as well. Just hitting LT to go to the Xbox Live menu gets stuck connecting as you say. Doesn't bode well for us - wish I'd never bought this game now! cry

I did send Ada Wong a message BTW and they've been on site since doing so, but I wasn't necessarily expecting a reply.
ScoringASH
365,800
ScoringASH
Posted on 07 March 19 at 11:27
Mr Fiddler said:
ScoringASH said:
Is anyone else having issues getting into multiplayer? It just gets stuck on connecting and then I have to close the game down. Also the leaderboards and friend challenges aren’t working either.

I tried it on my old 360 aswell and on there it just gets stuck verifying uplay account.
Yeah, I'm seeing this as well. Just hitting LT to go to the Xbox Live menu gets stuck connecting as you say. Doesn't bode well for us - wish I'd never bought this game now! cry

I did send Ada Wong a message BTW and they've been on site since doing so, but I wasn't necessarily expecting a reply.
Thanks for confirming it’s not just me with this issue. Apart from the single player the rest of the game is inaccessible, unless you play offline.

It will be an intresting reply if you do get one!
BlackxRyan
589,170
BlackxRyan
Posted on 09 March 19 at 10:25
I just lost my save after a sync problem with the cloud so I will not even try to finish it.
Mr Fiddler
419,624
Mr Fiddler
Posted on 09 March 19 at 18:24
Looking at the 'easiest' of the online achievements (91% unlock), it would appear that something happened around March 6th. There were consistent and multiple daily unlocks up to and including that day, but none since:

https://www.trueachievements.com/achievementgamer.aspx?achie...

(Page 776 at the time of posting).

Does ShadowNet gate all access to the online? Maybe that's what the game is now timing out on. If so, and if more of the service has been shut down, then we might need to get the other multiplayer achievements flagged as unobtainable too! roll
Mr Fiddler
419,624
Mr Fiddler
Posted on 09 March 19 at 18:29
Having said that, nobody seems to have unlocked 'Rated Hacker' since December 11th last year:

https://www.trueachievements.com/achievementgamer.aspx?achie...

That seems like a pretty big gap, even for a game this old.
ScoringASH
365,800
ScoringASH
Posted on 09 March 19 at 23:31, Edited on 09 March 19 at 23:40 by ScoringASH
Mr Fiddler said:
Having said that, nobody seems to have unlocked 'Rated Hacker' since December 11th last year:

https://www.trueachievements.com/achievementgamer.aspx?achie...

That seems like a pretty big gap, even for a game this old.
The game went down for maintance on the 4th March and since then it has been down and Ubi support doesn’t seem too interested that it isn’t working. So only the single player is playable at the moment whilst connected to internet.

Also I don’t think TA recent unlock boards are correct as I got that achievement on the 19th Feb 2019.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.