Game Discussion: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Forum

Daily and Weekly challenges?

AuthorMessage
Mr Fiddler
Mr Fiddler
Posted on 09 March 19 at 23:48
ScoringASH said:
The game went down for maintance on the 4th March and since then it has been down and Ubi support doesn’t seem too interested that it isn’t working. So only the single player is playable at the moment whilst connected to internet.
Ah, I didn't realize that. Was there an official post about it? I'm curious if it was just for this game or all of their games? Or perhaps just those of a certain generation?
ScoringASH
ScoringASH
Posted on 09 March 19 at 23:55
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2003740-March-4-2019-S...

It was on a bunch of games and Splinter Cell 6 (Blacklist) was on the list.
Mr Fiddler
Mr Fiddler
Posted on 10 March 19 at 00:14
ScoringASH said:
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2003740-March-4-2019-S...

It was on a bunch of games and Splinter Cell 6 (Blacklist) was on the list.
Thanks. toast

Been a long four hours so far then! wink
ScoringASH
ScoringASH
Posted on 10 March 19 at 00:19, Edited on 10 March 19 at 00:32 by ScoringASH
Yeah I’m fairly certain it finished when it said, but they obviously haven’t checked to make sure it still works. Not sure about the PS3/PC version though.
Mr Fiddler
Mr Fiddler
Posted on 10 March 19 at 00:38, Edited on 10 March 19 at 16:56 by Mr Fiddler
The new issue is at least being talked about in the parallel ubi forums thread:

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1950124-Daily-and-week...
Mr Fiddler
Mr Fiddler
Posted on 24 March 19 at 16:45
Randomly looked over the recent unlocks for 'Officer of the Day' to see if anyone else had been successful and noticed that Ada Wong 2605 was no longer listed. Looking at their profile, they appear to have been moved to Gamerscore tracking only:

Ada Wong 2605

Perhaps the unlock wasn't legit after all? Could be from another title though I guess, not sure if there is any way to tell.
R4AssaultRifle
Posted on 06 April 19 at 17:57
Hey guys after 6 months of complaining and re-stating the problem, to the Ubisoft support agents, one agent named Tyler H has just messaged me claiming that "everything is up and running a few weeks ago" can someone check if the Shadownet challenges and multiplayer are 100% working again?
Mr Fiddler
Mr Fiddler
Posted on 06 April 19 at 18:58
Trying to switch to multiplayer no longer hangs on the 'connecting' screen so it looks like you can set games up now. However, I do not see any daily or weekly challenges.
R4AssaultRifle
Posted on 06 April 19 at 21:30, Edited on 06 April 19 at 21:34 by R4AssaultRifle
I just re-messaged the support agent Tyler H, we'll see if he will continue the cycle of useless responses or actually give another update. Yeah believe it or not i complained to them for 6 months and held them accountable just for us TA people.

Edit: Can someone provide screenshots of the Shadownet challenges not appearing?
Mr Fiddler
Mr Fiddler
Posted on 07 April 19 at 03:14
R4AssaultRifle said:
Edit: Can someone provide screenshots of the Shadownet challenges not appearing?
Sent you a link via a TA message. smile
R4AssaultRifle
Posted on 07 April 19 at 04:25, Edited on 07 April 19 at 04:27 by R4AssaultRifle
Thanks Mr Fiddler, i just submitted the screenshots to Agent Tyler H, of the Ubisoft Support team, i expect to hear back, if i don't hear back ill follow up everyday to ensure they don't pull off a Bethesda or EA.

Out of the many agents i contacts and been transferred to since October 2018, i can't believe this agent was the only one who received an update and asked for screenshots of the problem.

Also one agent rewarded me 50 Uplay points for constantly complaining for 6 months, but facepalm* if they had offered me a free game with DLC included that would have been better.
Mr Fiddler
Mr Fiddler
Posted on 07 April 19 at 04:50
All it would take is for one of these agents to just boot up the damn game (in a retail not dev environment) and it would be immediately apparent that they don't work! roll

How about next time ask *them* to send you some screenshots showing it working! laugh
R4AssaultRifle
Posted on 07 April 19 at 05:17
I just corrected the submitted info by clarifying its the Daily Challenges and Weekly Spies Vs Mercs challenges and not the regular challenges, i even provided the link to the ShadowNet website as proof.

If anyone else has critical evidence that will make them fix it feel free to provide it too.
ScoringASH
ScoringASH
Posted on 07 April 19 at 09:33, Edited on 07 April 19 at 09:37 by ScoringASH
Thanks for still trying to get this resolved, I send them an email every now and then but all I get is offers for them to unlock the ubi club challenges for me.

I know the folks at PSNprofiles haven’t given up yet but they seem to be still getting the same results as us.

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/67838-tom-clancys-splint...

Also the daily and weekly challenges still work for Rayman Legends (xbox360) which came out before Blacklist.
R4AssaultRifle
Posted on 07 April 19 at 23:24
At least this agent Tyler H seems to be trying to do something about it, however i will still monitor this everyday to ensure something is done about this. Ill try only working with this Tyler H agent as the previous 10 agents gave me really useless answers or just tried to make me forget about it
te5s3rakt
te5s3rakt
Posted on 17 April 19 at 14:52
Now the Splinter Cell games have got X patches, I'm keen to see if these'll be fixed. I'm going to go back and finish the rest of the game shortly, but would be nice if I could attack these 2 acheivements as well smile
ScoringASH
ScoringASH
Posted on 17 April 19 at 17:37
te5s3rakt said:
Now the Splinter Cell games have got X patches, I'm keen to see if these'll be fixed. I'm going to go back and finish the rest of the game shortly, but would be nice if I could attack these 2 acheivements as well smile
I hope so! Though after 6 months of people trying to tell Ubisoft that they are not working it seems highly unlikely.
Mr Fiddler
Mr Fiddler
Posted on 18 April 19 at 03:52
The x enhancements will have been done by the emulation system team at Microsoft. Ubi will have done no work towards that (nobody will be resubmitting Xbox 360 games for certification at this point) so don't get your hopes up.
exactor it
exactor it
Posted on 22 May 19 at 19:52
I don't see weekly or daily challenges. Am currently able to play online and I am unlocking the regular online achievements in private matches.
ScoringASH
ScoringASH
Posted on 22 May 19 at 20:03
exactor it said:
I don't see weekly or daily challenges. Am currently able to play online and I am unlocking the regular online achievements in private matches.
Unfortunately they are no longer available for what ever reason.

They stopped appearing last year in August/September and we have tried everything to get Ubisoft to either bring them back or fix them and so far nothing has happened.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.