The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

WP7 DotW: July 4th, 2012

• punkyliarpunkyliar220,677
    Posted on 05 July 12 at 17:31, Edited on 05 July 12 at 17:37 by punkyliar
    Spilner said:
    PunkyLiar said:
    Spilner said:The story got pulled because of an inaccurate date (check the forum post time stamp). It has now been posted with the correct date.
    Edit wouldnt have been enough? The introduction of the QR codes was nice.
    If I could have edited it I would have done, but the story disappeared after it was pushed back to the approval queue due to an issue with the site. There's always a valid reason for what we do - if I could have avoided a rewrite I would have done.

I've now added the QR code.

Edit: If you have any more questions, please send them to me via PM so that we don't derail the thread any further.
  • Posted on 05 July 12 at 18:08
    Be aware, if you change phones or have to do a factory reset your progess for millionaire goes baibai. I had to restart it after 250k gems due to that...the rest of it goes pretty quick though.
  • BROOKER 513BROOKER 513546,095
    Posted on 05 July 12 at 19:03
    Repeat deal yet again. $2.99 Should be it's regular price. Getting real annoyed with repeat deals, then couple weeks later they drop the price below the DotW price and basically say screw you losers. MS smarten up. They also need cloud storage in case you do switch providers or phones, progress on the longer games will be lost and for what?? Can only do so much on the toilet, before you go back to your console and play real games.
  • DakotaThriceDakotaThrice319,464
    Posted on 05 July 12 at 19:12
    BROOKER 513 said:
    Repeat deal yet again. $2.99 Should be it's regular price. Getting real annoyed with repeat deals, then couple weeks later they drop the price below the DotW price and basically say screw you losers. MS smarten up. They also need cloud storage in case you do switch providers or phones, progress on the longer games will be lost and for what?? Can only do so much on the toilet, before you go back to your console and play real games.
    Thats just Microsoft making themselves money which is what they are meant to be doing as a business. Its the consumers that need t wise up and stop buying stuff that isn't on sale.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 July 12 at 13:37
    DakotaThrice said:
    BROOKER 513 said:
    Thats just Microsoft making themselves money which is what they are meant to be doing as a business. Its the consumers that need t wise up and stop buying stuff that isn't on sale.
    I agree fully with Dakota. They are a business - and they're good at being a business, too. They know exactly how to reap in the cash.

Wish people would stop complaining about MS. They provide us with an excellent service - so many people would be crying like bitches if they decided to completely cut off Xbox Live service and take down the marketplace.

Be grateful, pay for good entertainment or don't. Just don't come onto EVERY freaking deal thread and complain that they're giving us SALES.
  • StarshadeFPSStarshadeFPS577,243
    Posted on 06 July 12 at 22:42, Edited on 06 July 12 at 22:42 by StarshadeFPS
    Hexic < Bejeweled

Already have this.
    We don't live for Hip-Hop (Hip-Hop) It lives for us
  • Posted on 08 July 12 at 08:05
    Chromium Stars said:
    Be aware, if you change phones or have to do a factory reset your progess for millionaire goes baibai. I had to restart it after 250k gems due to that...the rest of it goes pretty quick though.
    I hate that there's no back up for your games. Luckily my phone's been OK but my other half is on his 4th WP in a year after faults with his HTC. Lost all his progress 3 times over!
    "I can build bridges from what you burn" | @ButterflyEdge | http://butterflyedge.me
  • Mike the OwlMike the Owl459,301
    Posted on 09 July 12 at 03:34
    why would idiot developers think someone would really sit there playing this bowl of piss for 200 hours, absolute lunacy!
  • BROOKER 513BROOKER 513546,095
    Posted on 10 July 12 at 03:06
    Choskie said:
    DakotaThrice said:
    I agree fully with Dakota. They are a business - and they're good at being a business, too. They know exactly how to reap in the cash.

Wish people would stop complaining about MS. They provide us with an excellent service - so many people would be crying like bitches if they decided to completely cut off Xbox Live service and take down the marketplace.

Be grateful, pay for good entertainment or don't. Just don't come onto EVERY freaking deal thread and complain that they're giving us SALES.
    Yes we know they are a business duh!! Are they good? maybe to ppl that aren't wise shoppers. Repeating deals isn't getting my money again, so is that smart?? Giving us a deal then totally dropping the price with out a rebate, isn't smart. Most big businesses do offer this example Wal-Mart. Why because they want you happy. Stop trolling ppls post when they bring valid points, all you are doing is dick riding MS. Nobody is crying about saving a $1 this week. I don't have to be gratful about XBOXLive, this service isn't saving ppl's lives or giving food to the starving.
    This thread is to make comments that I thought I would share if you don't want to read it you have the option to skip it.
  • Posted on 10 July 12 at 04:30
    ButterflyEdge said:
    Chromium Stars said:
    I hate that there's no back up for your games. Luckily my phone's been OK but my other half is on his 4th WP in a year after faults with his HTC. Lost all his progress 3 times over!
    I contacted Popcap, suggested that the gem count join just about everything else we care about as being a leaderboard, they said not technically feasible as it's "in-game" but something they'd consider in the future if it's possible..so hopefully the WP8 won't have this issue in one way or another. I don't care how they make it happen, but losing 250k gems really sucked. I'm even now not quite back up to that point....and I'm now trying to get through as much as I can on my trophy where the screen's cracked and the one corner's pixels are starting to go. Which is kinda crazy :(
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.