Game Discussion: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Forum

CoD4/CoD game hack

AuthorMessage
Tattooist
Tattooist
Posted on 07 March 11 at 19:02
a couple of days ago i decided to fire up cod4 and have some fun on free for all, i was happily surprised to see there were still nearly 20,000 playing this online still:). anyway, during one of the games i could hear the sound of loud explosions, and although nothing new in a cod game, this was constant and going on throughout the match... at the end of the game i was in first place with a nice 25 - 4 finish (smile), but i noticed the bottom two people were 0 - 34... i didnt think much of it, just thought kids playing on their dads accounts having fun blowing themselves up... at the end of the game i levelled up, came out of the lobby, found another game...

10 minutes later i was very confused... i seemed to have not just levelled up, but had levelled up 19 levels...

a little later i found myself joining another game and could hear the constatnt explosions again, only this time everyone but two people were 0 - 20+, i stayed with them, and followed them into the next game... the suicides soon started... and on the news feed on the left i saw something equally as strange, everyone was levelling up...

so i whipped out my grenade (wink), pulled the pin, and played hot potato with myself... i died... and got 4000 points for doing so... by the end of the match i went from level 1 to 55, in half hour i went from my prestige 4 to getting the gold cross...

my question is this: how was this possible? does anyone know of this happening to anyone else? and could this be done in other cod games (the reason i ask this is when i left, i noticed they were all switching to world at war)?

its kinda like asking a magician how he did his trick, i need to know:).
DarthPootle
DarthPootle
Posted on 07 March 11 at 19:09
I'd say this is a modded lobby. He has hacked his xbox to be able to do this. Sorry but the magic trick is against the code of conduct.
ArrKiid
Posted on 07 March 11 at 19:37
DarthPootle said:
I'd say this is a modded lobby. He has hacked his xbox to be able to do this. Sorry but the magic trick is against the code of conduct.
Have you ever been in one? I have been in several times and blowing up yourself doesn't do anything. I think you've either got lucky or it's a glitch?
My made is Nadzy, but you can call me......Nadzy cos' that is my name.
DarthPootle
DarthPootle
Posted on 07 March 11 at 19:44
x Nadzy x said:
DarthPootle said:
Have you ever been in one? I have been in several times and blowing up yourself doesn't do anything. I think you've either got lucky or it's a glitch?
No i have not but from what i have heard this is one. Sounds like they were farming xp.
Tattooist
Tattooist
Posted on 07 March 11 at 19:54
trust me, blowing yourself up got you 4000 points a time. but it didnt work unless i was with this group of people... if its a glitch it was a glitch that could work on every map, including the 4 extras.

im just curious about how it was done, and if you could do the same kinda thing with other games. because as i said, they all went to world at war once everyone got their gold cross:).

and thanks for taking the time to reply guys:).
DarthPootle
DarthPootle
Posted on 07 March 11 at 20:11
Just becareful. This seems pretty dodgy.
GMN
GMN
Posted on 08 March 11 at 10:24
I hope you never followed them , as you could be facing a ban dude
Tattooist
Tattooist
Posted on 08 March 11 at 11:04
i didnt:). i was good:).
TAAAAAAAAAAAANK
Posted on 08 March 11 at 16:54
You won't be getting banned in a game this old... they didn't ban all of the 10th Prestige hackers in MW2 did they? The only CoD that you could get banned for is Black Ops, even then you only get your account banned all together if you're the hacker, if you're just boosting or in someone else's lobby, you'll get banned from playing the game..
AdolphMarx
AdolphMarx
Posted on 26 June 11 at 00:26
TAAAAAAAAAAAANK said:
You won't be getting banned in a game this old... they didn't ban all of the 10th Prestige hackers in MW2 did they? The only CoD that you could get banned for is Black Ops, even then you only get your account banned all together if you're the hacker, if you're just boosting or in someone else's lobby, you'll get banned from playing the game..
I hate the people who have infected thier profiles. Don't care if they did it willingly but I file up to a dozen complaints a game for system tampering. I hope every single one of them gets banned, has to buy a new console, then gets that IP banned as well. It's not what I pay for. At $70 a year for xbl and another $80 per game I would expect better results.

Instead I have to put up with people noclipping thier way on to rooftops far outside the map and getting beneath the map and killing every one. If you could do this without them, well- that is truly great because you know the game better than most recreational gamers. This happens in 99% of the games I play. As if the campers weren't enough to put up with, now this?!? Most of these "gamers" only do this to retain a competative edge because they lack any sort of skill and fail to do anything without these mods.

Some of the fuck shits from Infinity Wank, Craptivision and/or Microshit should monitor known games that have been hacked and bring down the ban hammer like people hand out candy on Halloween. Then these "gamers" could appeal thier ban without further disrupting decent gamers who actually play these games. Mods should remain in closed communities on the PC. This includes killstreak rewards.

In case of tl;dr: Don't accept random invites. They could inadvertantly get you banned.
Extra thanks to the newshounds!! I like the good news and complaining about the bad news. A win-win.
Hoffman
Hoffman
Posted on 26 June 11 at 01:37
^tl;dr laugh
Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?
GGstuff
GGstuff
Posted on 28 June 11 at 23:35
fired up this game for the first time tonight and joined a lobby where everything waas normal except... sprinting is like a million miles an hour!

i ran around for a while knifing people then left. wouldnt like to get banned from CoD MP but it wouldnt be the end of the world, this is my first game and im not really into it that much so far. as long as i didnt get banned from xbox live
Ignore me!
Martyn Boomy
Martyn Boomy
Posted on 26 September 11 at 22:51
foaming is not the word!! went onto my first cod 4 online match in a few years with a couple of mates yesterday, spawned on team deathmatch, i got the first kill of the match and got deducted 264 billion xp and reset to level 1 BECAUSE OF HACKERS!!! :o all this just for the first kill of the game, i am horrified to see what has happened to this great game!! R I P cod 4 :'(
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.