Walkthroughs Forum

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Dragon Age II Walkthrough Discussion

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 07 March 11 at 22:14
Please use this thread to discuss the Dragon Age II walkthrough
Richard Bastion
Posted on 08 March 11 at 22:29
I'll be working on this walkthrough, so if anyone has any questions, or hate mail, it can be directed to me.

Xoxo,
Rich.
My post consists of 60% sardonicism, 30% sarcasm, 10% truth and 100% coolest person ever.
AllChristophe
AllChristophe
Posted on 27 May 13 at 15:18
Is any one still working on this one?
Shadow XBL
Shadow XBL
Posted on 09 July 13 at 19:24
I feel like the time has passed on this one. Check out xbox360achievements - they have a good one.
Ergo Me Smart
Ergo Me Smart
Posted on 20 October 13 at 16:30
Looking for a new owner.

If interested, post in this thread or PM me or thirtysmooth
thirtysmooth
thirtysmooth
Posted on 14 April 14 at 12:26
LV 1 Blue Slime is the new owner of this walkthrough.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 20 April 14 at 16:01
So I'm obviously taking this one over. Haven't started yet because I had the chance to get help for Dark Souls and knock out the PC version before the possible GFWL shutdown not long after I asked for DA2, but I'm starting on it today after work.

Aiming to get it done in a month. There's a lot of missable stuff and DLC seems to span the entire game so it'd be pretty easy to fuck up a playthrough if you aren't careful. I want to finish the walkthrough and then test it while I do the Japanese version to make sure everything works before I ok it to be proofread/published.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 30 April 14 at 11:17
Ok, so I kind of lied. A friend convinced me that I should do work on Defiance considering everything involved so I've been doing that. I'm now finally done with everything but the daily contracts in the DLC, so I'm going to start the game and guide later today.

For reals this time. I have no clue if people even read these updates or care, but there you go headspin
CayMack
CayMack
Posted on 01 May 14 at 13:55
Funny, I just pulled DA2 out of my pile of shame this morning and was like "I wonder if there's a walk through". smile
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 10 May 14 at 00:08
As an update : Near the end of act 3, trying to figure out a good strategy (i.e. one that works always, instead of sometimes) for the 2 superbosses or whatever you want to call them. After that I'll finish up the game and then I'll rearrange the guide into a more efficient manner and run it through the Japanese version to make sure it works.

CayMack said:
Funny, I just pulled DA2 out of my pile of shame this morning and was like "I wonder if there's a walk through". smile
Hopefully it won't disappoint!
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 21 May 14 at 07:25
Update : Finished fixing up the walkthrough, taking it through the Japanese version now to make sure it is solid. Almost done with act 1 with no problems so far. Progress has been slower since someone quit at my job but they should be finding someone soon, hope to have it submitted for publishing in 2 weeks at the very latest, though I'm hoping for 1.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 11 June 14 at 07:19
Update : Another person quit at work so I haven't really had a day off in about 1 1/2 months, so I've been spending most of my off time playing games. New people start training this week so I intend to make a final push to finish it once I can finally take it easy for a bit.
SprinkyDink
SprinkyDink
Posted on 09 July 14 at 13:10
Where are you at in the walkthrough now?
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 09 July 14 at 19:00
Well, we finally got back to full staff and then the monitor on my computer went out...but it still turns on. Don't have $600 dollars to fix it so I had to figure out a way to move everything, which I've finally done. Finishing it up with my girlfriend's computer, going to have it done by the end of the week.

Sorry for the delays, I have no idea why this walkthrough had to be so star-crossed.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 14 July 14 at 02:03, Edited on 14 July 14 at 02:03 by LV 1 Blue Slime
I just hit the ready for review button on this walkthrough, you'll see an automated post here when it's published.

Again, sorry for the delays.
valbo1979
valbo1979
Posted on 15 July 14 at 01:50
sounds good i just started playing this again :)
Information Posted on 15 July 14 at 08:27
The walkthrough has now been published.

You can find it here: Dragon Age II Walkthrough
Vegieza
Vegieza
Posted on 30 July 14 at 14:19
In Act 1 there seems to be a section missing between "come across a woman. Top right throughout. Continue ahead to find a person and have another scene. Bottom right, top right, bottom right, and then bottom right one last time in the conversation tree." and "You'll have a conversation with Fenris, answer "the circle is necessary" (bottom right).", the section after the screenshot.

I looked up the Dragon Age wikia a lot for that part and followed along to learn how to do positive reactions with Isabela/Fenris/Varric and negative with Anders, but now toward the end of Act 1 (just before Deep Roads) I'm missing 3 Elfroots and having a few quests standing around not completed yet.

At a few other points in Act 1 it has said to have a person respond with no indication that the person should be in the party, but I've just reloaded a recent save, so that hasn't been too much of a problem. Other than those issues, great job so far!
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 30 July 14 at 19:40, Edited on 30 July 14 at 21:50 by LV 1 Blue Slime
Whoa, the final draft I have saved on this computer doesn't match what's on the site, things are missing. Something is wrong here. Stop using it, I'm going to have an overseer take it down while I look at it and figure out what happened here. Sorry about this.

What quests are unfinished in your quest log right now?

EDIT : Wait, how are you missing 3 elfroots? 5 of the 6 in act 1 are in the walkthrough, with the 6th being in the section you correctly guessed was missing. So you should still should have 5 if you followed the walkthrough.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 31 July 14 at 03:31, Edited on 31 July 14 at 08:12 by LV 1 Blue Slime
The two missing paragraphs show up in the plain text when I edit the walkthrough, but once I save it the two paragraphs disappear from what is actually shown to users. I've messaged TA, hopefully he can fix it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.