Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Earth Defense Force 2025 Western Pre-order Bonuses

AuthorMessage
punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 28 October 13 at 22:14
Don't worry, the decoys are coming

Please click here to read the story: Earth Defense Force 2025 Western Pre-order Bonuses
NightmareEX
NightmareEX
Posted on 28 October 13 at 22:41
also in Europe?
BPBPBPBPBPBPBP
Posted on 28 October 13 at 22:48
I was expecting that the blow up maid was a physical bonus and not in game content. shock
Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m....5th in the WORLD!!!
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 28 October 13 at 22:57
OOoooh how I want this!!!!!!!!!!
EmporerDragon
EmporerDragon
Posted on 28 October 13 at 23:05
Man, I'm still trying to finish up Insect Armageddon...
DrSchlepenstein
Posted on 29 October 13 at 00:30
Or wait one week after the games release and buy them all for $5.00 as DLC.
KitsuneChaos
Posted on 29 October 13 at 01:01
Such a wonderfully underrated series.
acedawg4
acedawg4
Posted on 29 October 13 at 01:38
Love the series......this will be A LONG GRIND!! Im at 200+ hrs for the jap version now and not even half way done yet! Online coop is great!
Really hope this is stackable and I will play it all over again :-)

Fencer class really sucks, but the others are great! All have their pros and cons, but Winger is by far the best!
Love the balance in this game! Inferno is well.....like Inferno!

If anyone currently plays the jap version, im always down to play (wish i could read it though lol)
Sanada
Sanada
Posted on 29 October 13 at 01:57
Unfcnbleevibl said:
So let me get this straight, you're going to buy the game without pre-ordering it just to wait and then PAY for that very content a week later? Seems like an awful idea.

OT: Just want this game to be here already. Insect Armageddon was alright, I'm sure this one will be better.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 29 October 13 at 08:15
I want it all
I want it all
I want it all AND I want it now!
Xiao1inSty1e
Xiao1inSty1e
Posted on 29 October 13 at 14:21
I plan to get this game, what I don't plan to to do is promise them my money before they have delivered a working product. How is it that gamers have become such slaves to this industry that this is considered acceptable business practice? Can we not wait a week or even a couple days after these games are released before throwing our money at them? Are they so trust worthy? I think not. As a community we need to grow the fuck up, have a modicum of patience, and stop letting them lead us around by our noses. Preorders are a very unhealthy practice both for the consumer and the industry as a whole. It CAN wait.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 29 October 13 at 15:04, Edited on 29 October 13 at 15:06 by
It's a kind of blackmail: Give us your money up front or you don't get everything/will have to pay more.

Also, even worse are games (like this one, I guess) where you would have to buy several copies from different retailers for the full experience.
The Monk BAD IT
Posted on 29 October 13 at 16:06
Unfcnbleevibl said:
Agreed!
>> Tampa Bay Buccaneers <<
DrSchlepenstein
Posted on 30 October 13 at 23:32
iHeartSlampigs said:
Unfcnbleevibl said:
So let me get this straight, you're going to buy the game without pre-ordering it just to wait and then PAY for that very content a week later? Seems like an awful idea.

OT: Just want this game to be here already. Insect Armageddon was alright, I'm sure this one will be better.
Well based on what the info states in the main story, you get 1 pre-order weapon pack from Gamestop, and then 3 other "different" weapon packs from 3 other retailers (though they haven't been named yet). And based on numerous past games that have had multiple retailer specific bonuses that got released as a bundled DLC pack or bundled with another DLC, then yes I plan to not pre-order the game, wait till it drops in price and then pick it up.

As I do not plan on pre-ordering the game from all 4 places to get all 4 packs. Considering that Gamestop is probably the only one that will give you the weapon pack code on the receipt, while the rest of the retailers will probably have it included in the game case as a card behind the booklet. So you'll have to open them, and then you can't return them. So I don't feel like buying the game 4 times to get the bonuses that will probably be obsolete shortly into the game when I find/buy better weapons.

Being that it is an EDF game, it will probably be $40 maybe $50, if they charge me $5.00 for all the weapon packs as a DLC bundle. Then it seems like a pretty good idea to me.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.