Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Guitar Hero DLC for March 8th, 2011

• Posted on 08 March 11 at 19:13
    I thought I was a fool for no one

Last week, Activision clarified the confusion surrounding the DLC for Guitar Hero and DJ Hero; they have confirmed that the the DLC that was already in the works will be released during March and April. As such, today the following pack has appeared on the Marketplace for Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock:

Modern Rock Mega Pack - 1320 MSP
    Bad Religion - "Sorrow"
    Brand New - "Sic Transit Gloria... Glory Fades"
    Jet - "She's A Genius"
    Muse - "Supermassive Black Hole"
    Puddle of Mudd - "Psycho"
    Queens of the Stone Age - "Little Sister"
    Saliva - "Always"
    Snow Patrol - "Hands Open"
    Trapt - "Headstrong"

These tracks are also available individually for 160 MSP each.
  • AndyLSimmonsAndyLSimmons156,441
    Posted on 08 March 11 at 19:16
    Always like to see a bit of Queens of the Stone Age!
  • Posted on 08 March 11 at 19:17
    Sic Transit Gloria is an instant buy!
  • SebastianSBSebastianSB206,116
    Posted on 08 March 11 at 19:18
    That's a pretty decent pack. I'd probably buy Supermassive Black Hole, Psycho and Headstrong if these songs made their way over to Rock Band. I've already got and love Sorrow, Little Sister and She's a Genius.
    RBN Weekly Updates: http://www.trueachievements.com/leaderboard.aspx?leaderboardid=1576
  • Posted on 08 March 11 at 19:34
    Love these songs but just sold GH6, pah!
  • Posted on 08 March 11 at 19:42
    1320 MSP for 9 songs? And I thought Cod's mappacks were a rip-off.
  • Posted on 08 March 11 at 19:43
    once again, Guitar Hero shows us that yes they have a thumb, but it is nowhere near the pulse of the rhythm game genre.

what a crap selection, aside from the Muse.

btw kids, this new music is crap. quit listening to it.
  • Zacry072Zacry0721,541,128
    Posted on 08 March 11 at 19:48
    What's funny is I've seen about half of these bands in concert, and that's about all the money I'm willing to pay for em.
  • Posted on 08 March 11 at 19:57
    HC Hades said:
    1320 MSP for 9 songs? And I thought Cod's mappacks were a rip-off.
    I don't think you know what you're talking about.

160 MSP has been the going rate for a DLC song since RB/GH went to the full-band format.

And 1320 actually clocks in at 146 MSP a song, which means you get a discount for buying the whole bundle. Though the discount doesn't seem as big as we'd normally see from such a bundle.
  • Posted on 08 March 11 at 20:12
    At least Activision is rolling out the dlc still
  • lightsup55lightsup55672,860
    Posted on 08 March 11 at 20:25
    I've been buying nothing but Rock Band songs lately. Then again, I haven't played much of the Guitar Hero games ever since Rock Band 3.

In comparison, most of my downloaded songs are for Rock Band games. I still have a list of downloadable songs I'd like to get for the Guitar Hero games when I have the money.

FYI: I have the vast majority of Guitar Hero and Rock Band games.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 March 11 at 20:28
    Crap choice for the Brand New song, although they have one of their best already, Sowing Season. I can't help but wonder why RB has no Muse (aside from Hysteria, which I haven't got access to). Have Activision got an exclusivity deal with Muse, or is there a Muse: RB in the offing? They certainly have enough hits to make a good RB out of...
  • troyoytroyoy930,236
    Posted on 08 March 11 at 20:29
    I hope this track pack and others sell well. I dont want GH to die. I still want them to pump out new games. You wanna stay in this market. How about going after a huge band, like Zeppelin and put thier entire catalog on the game. Or 60 songs? But I guess VH, Aerosmith or Metallica didnt save them so that might not work. Not sure how well Green Day sold for RB. Im sure Beattles sold well for a while.
  • JimboJambo86JimboJambo86175,048
    Posted on 08 March 11 at 20:39, Edited on 08 March 11 at 20:40 by JimboJambo86
    damn if this track pack was for rock band id snap it up instantly!
    well the tracks not already in rock band anyway...
  • Posted on 08 March 11 at 20:46
    I'd kill for Supermassive Black Hole on Rock Band cry
    http://twitter.com/ButterflyEdge - http://butterflyedge.wordpress.com/
  • Posted on 08 March 11 at 20:52
    I have been badgering RockBand for Saliva for ages and now Guitar Hero answer my dreams ^^
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 March 11 at 20:55, Edited on 08 March 11 at 20:57 by
    SebastianSB said:
    That's a pretty decent pack. I'd probably buy Supermassive Black Hole, Psycho and Headstrong if these songs made their way over to Rock Band.
    Davaldinho said:
    I can't help but wonder why RB has no Muse (aside from Hysteria, which I haven't got access to). Have Activision got an exclusivity deal with Muse, or is there a Muse: RB in the offing? They certainly have enough hits to make a good RB out of...
    Maybe they do have a deal. I think across the Guitar Heros they have about seven songs.
    ButterflyEdge said:
    I'd just kill for any Muse on Rock Band...
  • AndyLSimmonsAndyLSimmons156,441
    Posted on 08 March 11 at 21:12
    tsunamishadow said:
    ButterflyEdge said:
    I'd just kill for any Muse on Rock Band...
    Moar Muse*
  • spacedvest2spacedvest2995,158
    Posted on 08 March 11 at 21:31
    Honestly, I don't see how this will sell very well since they have announced that the game will no longer be supported soon.

Also, if you want to see Led Zeppelin in a rhythm game, you better write a letter to Jimmy Page. Apparently he thinks the genre is dumb. I don't think it is a good business move on his part however; a RB-LZ release would sell very well I bet.
  • MaxForce357MaxForce357132,068
    Posted on 08 March 11 at 21:34
    Oh... oh, no. Oh, God no!
    Sorry, I just prefer thrash metal.
    Hell, we need more Rammstein.
    IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE! TAKE THIS. YOU GOT THE BFG9000!! OH, YES.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads