Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Deal of the Week: October 15th, 2013

• V3ntilatorV3ntilator216,858
    Posted on 15 October 13 at 20:26
    These games was on sale a few months ago on XBLA at a much lower price.
    Its just repeating sales, with nothing new.

I bought Tekken Tag 2 cheap on XBLA on previous sale, and now it costs over twice as much on sale as last time. I'm glad i got it the first time then.
    ¨
  • Tanelorn82Tanelorn82475,777
    Posted on 15 October 13 at 20:30
    Thinking about TR... is this any good ?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 October 13 at 20:30
    DealerDan said:
    How is the Ben 10 racing game? My kid only had a passing interest in Ben 10 but I'm always a fan of those types of racers.
    Out of all the kart games going around on the 360 it's only bettered by the Sonic racing games, but be ware because the game seems hard to begin with and the gameplay takes a bit to get used to, but once you do the fun kicks in, oh and there's a bit of a grind to get the last achievement.
    Eels Forever
  • ptracey1421ptracey1421358,322
    Posted on 15 October 13 at 20:33
    All trash. Oh well. :/

Still can't fathom why people would buy a terrible game, that not fun nor are they interested in, simply for some 'easy' Gamerscore. It's not something to really be proud of if it took little skill or effort.
  • Posted on 15 October 13 at 20:35
    wiirule111 said:

I bought Tekken Tag 2 cheap on XBLA on previous sale, and now it costs over twice as much on sale as last time. I'm glad i got it the first time then.
    ¨
    Don't know what you're on about...

All of these are first time discounts afaik by looking at previous articles. (With the exception of Underworld.)
    How much for the whole kitten kaboodle?
  • eayragteayragt318,951
    Posted on 15 October 13 at 20:40, Edited on 15 October 13 at 20:41 by eayragt
    Mystic Typh00n said:
    wiirule111 said:

¨
    Don't know what you're on about...

All of these are first time discounts afaik by looking at previous articles. (With the exception of Underworld.)
    Apparently he thinks that because one or two games have been cheaper, that makes the whole sale full of expensive repeats.

Even though it's full of first time sales.

Odd.
  • Posted on 15 October 13 at 20:49
    ptracey1421 said:
    All trash. Oh well. :/

Still can't fathom why people would buy a terrible game, that not fun nor are they interested in, simply for some 'easy' Gamerscore. It's not something to really be proud of if it took little skill or effort.
    It's because we're all on crack and can't help ourselves.

Actually, I kinda understand your sentiment and I'm actually transitioning into where I'm more about quality than quantity. At any rate, to each their own, my friend. I could care less what other people do because frankly, I'm too busy enjoying my gaming than worrying about what everyone else boots up.

At the end of the day, this site is for various reasons, much like what the article stated in terms of statistics. You sound like TA ratio is what you're after while mine is completion percentage. Obviously, the gamers who play these "trash" games are for GS. Kudos to all.
    Rollus Tidus
  • Posted on 15 October 13 at 20:55
    Nothing.
    I am a Gears of War Legend.
  • Posted on 15 October 13 at 20:57
    Is Tekken Tag Tournament 2 worth those 15€?
  • MehanizamMehanizam430,994
    Posted on 15 October 13 at 20:58
    Still waiting for those TR DLC's to get a pricedrop!
  • Posted on 15 October 13 at 21:22
    Anyone that is curious about Tomb Raider: Underworld should know that it really is a great game. It has a pretty good story to it and there are quite a few different environments to explore. The controls are very manageable and the graphics are up to par with games that came out around its release time.

Oh and of course there is Lara!
    BIG MEECH
  • pikblondspikblonds1,549,610
    Posted on 15 October 13 at 21:36
    Ben 10 Omniverse 25€ , What a deal !! laugh
  • Catatonic NaliCatatonic Nali1,148,696
    Posted on 15 October 13 at 21:40
    Silicon Iceman said:
    Is Tomb Raider Underworld one of the good TR games or one of the bad ones?
    I would say it's good but I'm a longtime fan of the Tomb Raider games so the only one I would really call a bad one is Angel Of Darkness.

I think the general consensus is that the first 3 or 4 were very good and the ones since (which includes Underworld) aren't so good with the exception of this year's release.

At the end of the day though you can probably pick it up cheaper on disc.
    Hodor!
  • IMHUWIMHUW98,693
    Posted on 15 October 13 at 21:51
    might get storm and the 2 battlestations, might grab capsized aswell incase they fix those 2 achievements
  • Sera Di SiahSera Di Siah1,233,063
    Posted on 15 October 13 at 22:12
    XBL Prophet said:
    Nothing.
    Is there ever something that you DO pick up? From all your 4000+ comments it's always "meh, nothing for me" or in that way. And about your motto / bio... Gears of War legend? Just cause you boosted Gears 1 Seriously AND Gears 2 Seriously + level 100 AND Gears 3 Seriosuly + level 100 re-up twice AND everything MP boosted from Gears Judgement makes you a huge booster, with probably too much time on your hands. NOT a Gears legend / god or whatever,
    We're floating into the Sunset ~
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty805,933
    Posted on 15 October 13 at 22:15, Edited on 15 October 13 at 22:16 by NawtyCawty
    DealerDan said:
    How is the Ben 10 racing game? My kid only had a passing interest in Ben 10 but I'm always a fan of those types of racers.
    It's terrible. It's the worst of all the kart games by a loooooong way.
  • marklynxmarklynx2,110,247
    Posted on 15 October 13 at 22:28
    Silicon Iceman said:
    Is Tomb Raider Underworld one of the good TR games or one of the bad ones?
    It's a great game!
  • IRONTAP99IRONTAP9940,258
    Posted on 15 October 13 at 22:37
    Sera Di Siah said:
    XBL Prophet said:
    Nothing.
    Is there ever something that you DO pick up? From all your 4000+ comments it's always "meh, nothing for me" or in that way. And about your motto / bio... Gears of War legend? Just cause you boosted Gears 1 Seriously AND Gears 2 Seriously + level 100 AND Gears 3 Seriosuly + level 100 re-up twice AND everything MP boosted from Gears Judgement makes you a huge booster, with probably too much time on your hands. NOT a Gears legend / god or whatever,
    ^ finally someone who actually appreciates games??
  • Posted on 15 October 13 at 22:39
    Had to get Storm at that price. Good kid-friendly game.
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,649,313
    Posted on 15 October 13 at 22:46
    Bought Battlestations Pacific, since I got the DLC when it was discounted a while back. Have Midway on disc. Decent games, though not really easy completions.

TR: Underworld is decent but has pricey DLC and the same crappy camera angles that have plagued the games in recent years.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.