Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Deal of the Week: October 15th, 2013

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 October 13 at 09:03
    Nekro Neko said:
    Tekken Tag 2 is well priced, but I literally ordered it just two days ago from Blockbuster, brand new for £6.55. (I also got DoA5 for £8.55).
    Id have to agree just had a quick look and £9.99 for Tekken is cheaper than most places new and second hand
  • Posted on 16 October 13 at 09:35
    x RepoUK x said:
    The game could be great but there is one achievement (Master Speed Demon) with very, very specific requirements which catches a lot of people out and the controls are borked making the game more difficult than it should be hence the above mentioned controller rage. This game will fuck you off.
    Wew maybew u r just to bad at thew game heee herrr. Its not thew controws if u r just to idiet at it. Dumdum.
  • matdanmatdan810,191
  • Itzz Sh0wt1m3Itzz Sh0wt1m31,854,246
    Posted on 16 October 13 at 10:38
    Both the battlestations for me!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 October 13 at 10:41
    I might pick up Storm, otherwise nothing for me.

Silicon Iceman said:
    Is Tomb Raider Underworld one of the good TR games or one of the bad ones?
    I think that every Tomb Raider game that was (re)released on the 360 has been a good one.
    "Booyah" - Jeff Winger
  • DaeryoonDaeryoon512,369
    Posted on 16 October 13 at 11:59
    MugenKairo said:
    I was excited about capsized until I saw it has 2 unobtainables. I refuse to buy a game until it has been fixed. I can understand there might be issues but if aspects of the product are not xompleted, i wont be buying it. I have Storm already, seems challenging completion-wise.
    My sentiments exactly. I already wait for deals to get games, but I will not buy an unfinished game, even if it is cheap or on sale. I got Storm and am excited to start that one, but I cannot justify getting Capsized.
    I am what I am, and that's all that I am, an XBLA completion addict.
  • matdanmatdan810,191
    Posted on 16 October 13 at 13:25
    Daeryoon said:
    MugenKairo said:
    I was excited about capsized until I saw it has 2 unobtainables. I refuse to buy a game until it has been fixed. I can understand there might be issues but if aspects of the product are not xompleted, i wont be buying it. I have Storm already, seems challenging completion-wise.
    My sentiments exactly. I already wait for deals to get games, but I will not buy an unfinished game, even if it is cheap or on sale. I got Storm and am excited to start that one, but I cannot justify getting Capsized.
    Besides it was "free" for some. :)
  • Apocalypse KaneApocalypse Kane1,709,530
    Posted on 16 October 13 at 15:43
    I take Battlestations: Midway and Battlestations:Pacific, i think is a good deal. compute
  • x RepoUK xx RepoUK x288,799
    Posted on 16 October 13 at 16:11
    MaRcUsChEiF117 said:
    x RepoUK x said:
    The game could be great but there is one achievement (Master Speed Demon) with very, very specific requirements which catches a lot of people out and the controls are borked making the game more difficult than it should be hence the above mentioned controller rage. This game will fuck you off.
    Wew maybew u r just to bad at thew game heee herrr. Its not thew controws if u r just to idiet at it. Dumdum.
    Stoned or special needs? laugh
  • Posted on 16 October 13 at 17:37
    x RepoUK x said:
    MaRcUsChEiF117 said:
    x RepoUK x said:
    Stoned or special needs? laugh
    I down't live in thew middew eest, sow how cood i be stowned and stiw be torking if im ded? Ideit! I new it, evrywon laff at him heeeee herrrr!
  • CoolguystuffCoolguystuff145,616 145,616 GamerScore
    Posted on 17 October 13 at 06:36
    This'd be a great time to get both Battlestations games, if I had the money. Used to have the retail disc of Midway but lost it sometime ago, and it's really hard for me to find in a physical store. Might hav to scrounge up a few bucks somehow
    Whoo! Where's my autograph book? Ha! Power Rangers, huh? So, Zordon's still using a bunch of kids
  • Posted on 17 October 13 at 20:02
    Probably picking up the other Battlestation finally, the one I bought the DLC for a LONG time ago cheap, before I realized I didn't have that Battlestation game. LOL. Sooo.... looks like lots of people are picking them up? I will have both now.. :-)
  • wbswbs965,089
    Posted on 21 October 13 at 17:04
    Does anyone know exactly when this ends? I am low on funds and need to make a trip to the bank
  • matdanmatdan810,191
    Posted on 22 October 13 at 00:45
    wbs 101 said:
    Does anyone know exactly when this ends? I am low on funds and need to make a trip to the bank
    Tuesday morning here considering how far Americans are behind in time-zones I would say you have more then enough time.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead677,803
    Posted on 22 October 13 at 02:09, Edited on 22 October 13 at 02:24 by HolyHalfDead
    Deal of the Week (Gold Exclusive) until 30th October 2013 "Need For Speed"
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, The Run, ProStreet, Most Wanted and Most Wanted DLC

There is a Forza Horizon Sale, but I don't know how long it is for or if it is a permanent price drop. Now if only they had reduced some of the Forza DLC :(

A Frightfest Sale has also started this week
    Ghostbusters 1200MSP 600MSP
    Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime 400MSP 200MSP
    Skulls of the Shogun 800MSP 400MSP
    Bloodforge 1200MSP 600MSP
    Limbo 1200MSP 600MSP
    The Walking Dead: 400 Days 400MSP 200MSP

Taken from HolyHalfDead's Blog
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead677,803
    Posted on 22 October 13 at 02:15, Edited on 22 October 13 at 02:19 by HolyHalfDead
    wbs 101 said:
    DOTW sale content is reduced on the marketplace at around the time and day of my posting (COB Monday in the US). DOTW doesn't officially start (dashboard ads, Major Nelson blog etc) until Tuesday morning in the US, and the DOTW runs for a week after that, so you should still have at least another 12 hours to pick up anything from the "Deal of the Week: October 15th, 2013".
  • matdanmatdan810,191
    Posted on 22 October 13 at 02:49
    laugh

Gold Price:
    $14.99 => $7.49
    50% off
    GOLD EXCLUSIVE Need For Speed™ ProStreet [xbox.com]

WTF??? Couple that with notoriously buggy and broken Ghostbusters I think they want to see people suffer.

BTW how is Sanctum of Slime that looks mighty cheap?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.