Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

King of Fighters XIII Gameplay Trailer

• CheddahzCheddahz199,893
    Posted on 12 July 11 at 12:59
    I think this weird it's coming out here in America first, than Japan...cause you know, it was made in Japan
    Follow me on Tumblr: http://japanesedorito.tumblr.com/
  • Posted on 12 July 11 at 13:07
    As much as I like KoF I still don't know anyone's name outside of Mai without seeing there character picture first. Oh yea just Athena comes to mind
  • HeyMrBassmanHeyMrBassman416,676
    Posted on 12 July 11 at 13:24, Edited on 12 July 11 at 13:30 by HeyMrBassman
    Used to love the vintage KOFs - I dare say the roster has changed considerably since I played regularly.

I hope XIII is coming to Europe this time.
    'Multiple exclamation marks,' he went on, shaking his head, 'are a sure sign of a diseased mind.'
  • Posted on 12 July 11 at 14:06
    Speaking of KOFs...I believe the aforementioned XII is on sale at Amazon right now for like 13 bucks.

OT: I can't say I've ever played a KOF game much before besides the old school ones in arcades. That said, who doesn't love a good fighter with flash which is what this looks like. I still remember playing the crap out of Capcom vs. SNK 2:EO on Gamecube. Gawd I loved that game. Hopefully this one delivers!
  • The5thCylonThe5thCylon329,578
    Posted on 12 July 11 at 14:07
    Please let the netcode not suck this time. I would very much like to have online fights at more than 5 frames per second.
  • Posted on 12 July 11 at 14:10
    Looks okay :/
    CabbageWithPie
  • FOKENWOLFENFOKENWOLFEN324,461
    Posted on 12 July 11 at 14:58
    Hopefully they won't repeat last mistake... And online is fixed. Then again I really did not play the last one that much, it was a bad game. They said they were sorry for that KOF and will get everything righted for this one.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 July 11 at 15:24
    pls. dont make us play 1400 matches again... SELECT THE ODOUR!!!!
    I love you my son Gabe :)
  • SanadaSanada675,310
    Posted on 12 July 11 at 16:54
    The5thCylon said:
    Please let the netcode not suck this time. I would very much like to have online fights at more than 5 frames per second.
    Couldn't agree more. One of these days I'm hoping a fighter works online, between this games frame rate and most games pure connection issues I have yet to have anything close to a flawless online experience.
    You seem a little furious...
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 July 11 at 21:02
    So they have a stage in the UK and no date for us? That's an big tease!
    Do it!!!
  • TronxkyTronxky222,019
    Posted on 13 July 11 at 01:07
    The super combo max cancels looks very very sick.I just hope this one delivers unlike it predecessor.
    Waiting for a Somerassault Justice miracle :(
  • ShinUkyoShinUkyo170,653
    Posted on 13 July 11 at 01:08
    LoveMySonGabe said:
    pls. dont make us play 1400 matches again... SELECT THE ODOUR!!!!
    Love it! laugh Easily our most-quoted thing from the last KOF. And as you said, it was an absolute joke having an achievement that requires playing 1400 matches. Even if that had been in a game like SFIV, with an absolutely thriving online community, there are relatively few people with that kind of playtime. In a game like KOFXII, where the online was broken, that was almost like spitting in our faces. I'm sure this game will have online achievements, but I pray they are the more sensible kind. Play or win a few hundred matches total? Fight against or defeat every character at least once online? Pulling off one of the obscure/long specialty moves in a match? That sounds more like it.

And as I've said before, the most important thing about this game's staying power will be if the online works this time. They should be fully focused on that, as that's what will keep people playing the game for the long-run (and recommending it to others.) Online play and functionality is the greatest defining characteristic of this console generation. For a game from a competitive genre like this to lack such features is suicide. The game will be amazing for local play or for solo practice, and that alone means I'll want it at launch. But at the same time, that can only satiate a small part of the overall community (and only in a far more-limited way.)
  • ERIKDOTCOMERIKDOTCOM88,320
    Posted on 13 July 11 at 18:05
    Cheddahz said:
    I think this weird it's coming out here in America first, than Japan...cause you know, it was made in Japan
    Kinda like Captain America coming out first in Europe. laugh
  • BeachemBeachem439,186
    Posted on 13 July 11 at 23:05
    Damn...we got you this time Japan muuuhaha. On the reals though, this game doesn't looks alright but not as good as the new Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter.
  • Posted on 14 July 11 at 13:25
    God dammit. Iori's still wearing that half-shirt getup.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.