Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Deal of the Week: April 16th, 2013

• FOKENWOLFENFOKENWOLFEN349,040
    Posted on 17 April 13 at 01:57
    good deals Some have better prices than previous deals.
  • Posted on 17 April 13 at 02:59
    I Am Alive is a steal at that price. Glad I held off on getting it.
  • Posted on 17 April 13 at 04:45
    I will spend my day at work today deciding between I am Alive and Lara Croft... May come down to a flip of the coin...
    "No power in the 'verse can stop me!"
  • Vr EnglishVr English756,896
    Posted on 17 April 13 at 07:44
    NightHawk673 said:
    I am alive and warhammer may be the only good deals here.

Sadly I own both. Hopefully people will like this sale though.
    Strongly disagree, anyone that doesn't have Geometry Wars Evolved 2 should totally get it.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 April 13 at 08:29
    480 msp. Really milking that extra dollar there. There was a time when games would drop to 400 no problem; now it's like pulling teeth.

Thank goodness for STEAM. I think I picked up I Am Alive for like 30 cents on there.
    "You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive..."
  • AlyrobsAlyrobs95,535
    Posted on 17 April 13 at 08:45
    I've got Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved² its a must have game if you like Multi-directional shooters!

Thinking of picking up I Am Alive, Gotham City Impostors, Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team, Bionic Commando: Rearmed 1 and 2 later in the week.
  • Posted on 17 April 13 at 08:54
    Shadow Enz said:
    Thank goodness for STEAM. I think I picked up I Am Alive for like 30 cents on there.
    Pretty certain it has never been that cheap on steam...
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,155,458
    Posted on 17 April 13 at 09:21
    Quantum Binman said:
    Shadow Enz said:
    Pretty certain it has never been that cheap on steam...
    The lowest I Am Alive has ever been on Steam was $5 (MSP equivalent: 400MSP), for a one day sale on January 25th. I don't think I'll lose sleep over that dollar.
    Gamers have only two hobbies: playing games, and complaining about those games.
  • Apocalypse KaneApocalypse Kane1,393,181
    Posted on 17 April 13 at 09:43
    I just take I Am Alive, best buy for me smile
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 April 13 at 09:45
    I've been meaning to pick up I am Alive for a while now. Here is the prompt to do so!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 April 13 at 09:48
    laugh obviously I was exaggerating about $0.30, but it's pretty common for STEAM to have multiple sales throughout the year which can net you games for less than a dollar to less than five dollars wink

Hell, it didn't take long for Deadlight and Mark of the Ninja to drop to the $5 mark on STEAM.

As for that extra dollar: 1 - them dollars add up 2 - you can still buy a lot of stuff for a dollar these days :P 3 - even with my cheap old PC ($400) I get better graphics and performance from games than on my thrice-RROD'd 360 Elite.

That helps make the dollar feel like more than XD
    "You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive..."
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,283,242
    Posted on 17 April 13 at 10:39
    No love for Black Knight Sword? Love me some Suda and Grasshopper but this seems like a lesser effort. I need someone to tell me to buy it so I can thank/blame them.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • AncientTidesAncientTides239,080
    Posted on 17 April 13 at 10:49
    Finally! I've been waiting for ages for I Am Alive to go on sale. Might get Gotham City Imposters as well.
  • Sera Di SiahSera Di Siah1,171,280
    Posted on 17 April 13 at 11:49
    Really recomend I Am Alive, beast of a game :)
  • Posted on 17 April 13 at 11:54
    EMPATH1C MIM1C said:
    They are really pushing the Bionic Commando - how many weeks was that on Sales & Specials?
    It's only been up there for 5 weeks or more. The app is dead anyways right? I'll have that pic of me winning scratch and match forever! Long live the pug dog!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 April 13 at 11:55
    MetalheadRR3 said:
    Just picked up I Am Alive with the points I've been accumulating from using Bing.
    Advertisement alert!!!!laugh
    My God promised me "hope and change" over 2000 years ago, how is your god working out?
  • DaeryoonDaeryoon469,135
    Posted on 17 April 13 at 11:58
    There are some really great deals here. Another solid week for XBLA lovers. I might invest in I am Alive and just picked up Black Knight Sword.
    I am what I am, and that's all that I am, an XBLA completion addict.
  • alanp9alanp91,578,715
    Posted on 17 April 13 at 13:33
    Shadow Enz said:
    480 msp. Really milking that extra dollar there. There was a time when games would drop to 400 no problem; now it's like pulling teeth.

To be fair, it's 60% off, which is great for an XBL sale.

Also, considering that nobody with shopping skills pays full price for MSP, equating the price to dollars on Steam isn't usually an apt comparison. I'm still using my half-price MSP that I picked up late last year, so I Am Alive for the equivalent of $3 works for me.
  • Posted on 17 April 13 at 14:23
    ChewieOnIce said:
    No love for Black Knight Sword? Love me some Suda and Grasshopper but this seems like a lesser effort. I need someone to tell me to buy it so I can thank/blame them.
    I've just bought Black Knight Sword. Ergo, you must buy it too.

Simple.
  • x RepoUK xx RepoUK x284,764
    Posted on 17 April 13 at 15:08
    Hell Yeah is a fantastic game.

Given that some of this stuff is on sale for the 10millionth time, isn't it about time they just received a permanent price drop?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.