Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Portal: Still Alive Walkthrough Discussion

• Posted on 01 July 13 at 10:57
    Please use this thread to discuss the Portal: Still Alive walkthrough
  • Kyotic GBabyKyotic GBaby960,078
    Posted on 03 June 14 at 03:40
    Wonderful guide. Finished in 2 days and when I did it on my old tag it took weeks. +9001
    iAMxYUNGxGxBABY
  • Posted on 25 February 18 at 19:45
    Closed for Renovations. Will be back live in a matter of days.
    "It's not that I can, and others can't. It's that I will, and others won't."
  • Posted on 26 February 18 at 06:55, Edited on 26 February 18 at 06:57 by IronInvoker47
    I would estimate the amount I got done today to be around like 50%. The story page has been dramatically expanded and separated into a first run and a Out of the Blue run. I've written most of the first run, and the Out of the Blue run will hopefully come later this week. The advanced chambers will be put in after the OotB run as the finishing touch. I'm aiming to finish this thing by the weekend, as that's when I'm flying home for spring break, but if I don't then I'll just download the game on my brother's 360.

Playlist links will be used instead of putting consecutive videos on each page so as to reduce the pages' loading times. It's very annoying to me to have to wait for a page to load tons of videos I might not even need in a walkthrough, and I wouldn't want anyone else to go through the same hassle for such a short game as this.

You can see how the WT looks before it's re-release with this link. OLD pages are from the old walkthrough, and UNF pages are unfinished.

https://www.trueachievements.com/staff/walkthrough/walkthroughprev...
  • Posted on 26 February 18 at 16:55
    Hey Iron,

If you want to have a ton of consecutive videos vs a playlist link, you can just hide each video in spoiler tags. That way they don't load in until expanded on by the user.
  • Posted on 26 February 18 at 18:19
    Shh I am Batman said:
    Hey Iron,

If you want to have a ton of consecutive videos vs a playlist link, you can just hide each video in spoiler tags. That way they don't load in until expanded on by the user.
    I dunno, when I looked at the Overcooked preview (before I finished it) there were 30 videos hidden by spoilers and that loaded super super slow. I dunno if that’s just me or not, but I guess I may as well stick with playlist links cause that’s what I’m used to.
  • Posted on 26 February 18 at 21:12
    I had trouble with the Division WT back when we were working on that, 30+ videos are definitely going to load slow, spoiler tags or not. It also loads slower in the editor, but faster in the preview (as the spoiler tags actually kick in, as opposed to the editor where it's just html text). Either way, if you want to punch through playlist links, that's all good.
  • Posted on 02 March 18 at 05:06
    05/20 of the Challenge Maps are written and uploaded. I've got the rest of them recorded and will try to put them through as soon as I have the time. Writing where to put portals and where to do things is a lot harder for this game than it is for most others.

On another note: I first got The Orange Box in 2012 and sucked at doing the gold medals in there (it was one of my first XBox games), but after having six years' worth of more experience in general, I went and knocked out all 18 of the gold medals and have finally gotten that thing off my chest. I naturally recorded those successes (some are with the in-game cheats) and plan to fix The Orange Box's Portal information after I'm done here. I'll probably rewrite TF2 at the same time since it's super simple and it's essentially just a boost list. I don't plan on doing the Half-Life games until maybe the summer or something, so it'll just be those two for now.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send them here, and you can see the walkthrough's preview state with the link I posted in an earlier comment.
  • SweetArkhaneSweetArkhane766,593
    Posted on 05 June 19 at 15:41
    Playthroughs Required shows 1 instead of 2?
  • Posted on 05 June 19 at 18:55
    Ah my bad, I'll try to fix that soon
  • Posted on 16 June 19 at 15:14
    Great guide, definitely helped for parts I was stuck on and those miscellaneous achievements.

Also minor detail, but if you do your awesome shortcut on test chamber 14 in your first playthrough, you'll unlock the achievement for the gold medal there as well. So technically the achievement can be mentioned in that part of the walkthrough as well as opposed to just the advanced courses section just so people are aware that sometimes it's okay to cheat!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.