The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Back to School Summer XBL Sale

• Tanelorn82Tanelorn82475,768
    Posted on 04 September 13 at 14:37
    I'm tempted by the Castlevania HoD, but I guess it's too focused on Coop. I don't like to play with randoms and don't know anybody with it.
  • Bardan JusikBardan Jusik221,169
    Posted on 04 September 13 at 14:46, Edited on 04 September 13 at 14:49 by Bardan Jusik
    As many others have already said, Omega has already been on sale! All we need is Citadel to complete the set. I think I'll wait to pop ME3 back into my disk drive until I have all of the existing DLC. But DS3: Awakened is on sale at a good price, as are several items on this deal.
    Long live LOST.
  • Posted on 04 September 13 at 15:29
    is it just me, or when you see actual $ amounts, you think a little harder about buying games.. Microsoft points weren't real
  • Posted on 04 September 13 at 15:29
    finally, i been wondering where the arcade sales was.
  • Posted on 04 September 13 at 15:33
    and Jeremy McGraths Offroad is not avaible in sweden.
  • Sera Di SiahSera Di Siah1,233,068
    Posted on 04 September 13 at 15:38
    Lots of deals. but nothing very special though =3
  • yURCHyURCH132,662
    Posted on 04 September 13 at 16:24
    Tanelorn82 said:
    I'm tempted by the Castlevania HoD, but I guess it's too focused on Coop. I don't like to play with randoms and don't know anybody with it.
    Well, it's much more fun in co-op, and actually it's extremely hard to start in single-player unless you are a pro in Castlevania games maybe.

But I highly recommend it, if you can convince some of your good friends to buy and start it with you. You really only need 1-2 friends to have joyable expirience (but can have up to 6 people total), and it's better if all are starting from scratch.
    We, the Dark Court, give whoever you are our highest praise... dood...
  • Posted on 04 September 13 at 16:27
    yURCH said:
    Tanelorn82 said:
    Well, it's much more fun in co-op, and actually it's extremely hard to start in single-player unless you are a pro in Castlevania games maybe.

But I highly recommend it, if you can convince some of your good friends to buy and start it with you. You really only need 1-2 friends to have joyable expirience (but can have up to 6 people total), and it's better if all are starting from scratch.
    Yes, it is EXTREMELY difficult solo. I've played pretty much all the classic 2d Castlevania's and bought this yesterday.
    It must have taken me about 8 attempts just to do the first level and even then, I was just using cheap tactics. Being Charlotte and spamming Fireball from another room to kill the first boss.
  • NINja277NINja277482,963
    Posted on 04 September 13 at 17:10
    xPut Name Herex said:
    You guys should see if you can get Rich to give you some sort of table formatting for the news-posts like this. It would be a better read if you could just have a column for "Title", "$", "£", etc. that keeps everything in line instead of having to jump around line-to-line.
    This has Ben requested so many times now it is getting ridiculous. Should have been this way from the start IMO.
  • NickHawkeyeNickHawkeye195,912
    Posted on 04 September 13 at 17:12
    RONSTER316 said:
    Still feels weird to me seeing those xbla/dlc prices in £, $ etc.

Already missing MS points :-(
    Yeah it's hard to judge the discount because I only know what they used to be in MSP

Definitely take some getting used to and after all my points are gone will probably just make each Purchase with PayPal

It's just weird, $7.49 feels like so much more than 600 MSP and where I used to be like "oh it's only 200MSP, I'll buy anything for that" now it's like "geez they want $2.49 for that?"
  • HarbringernightHarbringernight1,125,146
    Posted on 04 September 13 at 18:01
    I would recommend the following games:
    Awesomenauts
    beyond good or evil
    dungeon defenders
    from dust
    hard corps (contra)
    castlevania SOTN
    perfect dark
    rocket knight
    sacred citadel
    scott pilgrim
    serious sam swarm
    toy soldiers: cold war

Great sale overall.
    BY FYRE BE PURGE
  • Posted on 04 September 13 at 18:07
    Picked up Rocket Knight and Sacred Citadel. Tempted by Monaco and Castlevania: HoD but I don't have anyone to play the online with :(
    CJ tainted this sig
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead677,930
  • Meat WisdomMeat Wisdom267,717
    Posted on 04 September 13 at 20:14
    Hooded Claw 006 said:
    yURCH said:
    Tanelorn82 said:

Yes, it is EXTREMELY difficult solo. I've played pretty much all the classic 2d Castlevania's and bought this yesterday.
    It must have taken me about 8 attempts just to do the first level and even then, I was just using cheap tactics. Being Charlotte and spamming Fireball from another room to kill the first boss.
    Actually, with HOD you're much better off focusing on just getting your characters stronger first, instead of trying to beat the levels straight off. Charlotte's a good one to start with because leveling her up doesn't rely on random drops or grinding subweapon/spell hits. You need only absorb certain enemy spells (which in itself is technically a random drop, but you get as many chances as you want, so long as you don't die, kill the enemy, or run out of time).
  • Funky V1rusFunky V1rus382,015
    Posted on 04 September 13 at 20:31
    MrBigShade said:
    is it just me, or when you see actual $ amounts, you think a little harder about buying games.. Microsoft points weren't real
    It's not just you, i have the same feeling when looking at the prices. Even though Monaco and Sacred Citadel are games i've been waiting for to go on sale, now that they have i'm reluctant to buy them, simply because the price seems a lot more expensive compared to what it used to be in MSP.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 04 September 13 at 20:55
    Funky V1rus said:
    MrBigShade said:
    It's not just you, i have the same feeling when looking at the prices. Even though Monaco and Sacred Citadel are games i've been waiting for to go on sale, now that they have i'm reluctant to buy them, simply because the price seems a lot more expensive compared to what it used to be in MSP.
    I've actually been recalculating the whole time when using points. in Euros it has gotten slightly cheaper so I feel great about this change.
    "Booyah" - Jeff Winger
  • AwooAwoo1,991,755
    Posted on 04 September 13 at 21:20
    Euro pricings are absolutely fucking insane in comparison to the other currencies, and I haven't even bothered to check what my local prices (in SEK) are. Probably shitting high as well, I guess this is just how it works now. Good times.
    What can change the nature of a man?
    Posted on 04 September 13 at 22:49, Edited on 04 September 13 at 22:51 by HolyHalfDead
    RazorPriest said:
    Euro pricings are absolutely fucking insane in comparison to the other currencies, and I haven't even bothered to check what my local prices (in SEK) are. Probably shitting high as well, I guess this is just how it works now. Good times.
    Then whatever you do, do not read HolyHalfDead's blog post - Goodbye MSP

A 800MSP ($10 USD) arcade game costs $12.69 USD in the EU which is bad enough, but it costs $13.81 USD in Sweden. Sorry, I didn't mean to ruin your day. Maybe it will cheer you up to know that before the change to local currency it cost $14.80 USD in Sweden to buy 800MSP. Or you could move to Australia, or at least operate an Australian Gold account.
  • Posted on 04 September 13 at 22:51
    ToastiestCape0 said:
    Argh, ME3: Leviathan has already been on sale. Just need Citadel to come down 50% and I can wrap up all DLC!
    yeah me too.

thanks for gathering all the prices I really appreciate it
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.