The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Back to School Summer XBL Sale

• Posted on 06 September 13 at 00:26
    So is the Rally Expansion included in the Season Pass for Forza Horizon?
  • Posted on 06 September 13 at 04:11
    I'm contemplating Beyond Good & Evil HD. I never played the original so there's no nostalgic value for me here, is this game good in its own right or more for fans of the original with updated graphics?

Also, any opinions on I Am Alive? I followed that game long before it came out and then it got abysmal reviews so never played it. I still like the premise and the graphics look nice. Is this game really as disappointing as the graphics suggest?
  • J PinderJ Pinder719,574
    Posted on 06 September 13 at 04:26, Edited on 06 September 13 at 04:31 by J Pinder
    HolyHa1fDead said:
    Senior Chupon said:
    Also got Angry Birds for free on my Russian account, w00t.
    clap

Considering all the fuss that was made over the 800MSP game Ben 10 being free for a few hours, I'm surprised more people haven't got excited about a 3200MSP game being free (possibly for the whole week).
    No kidding. This is awesome. Take a dummy account, migrate to Russia, and presto - free game! dance
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 September 13 at 05:29
    J Pinder said:
    HolyHa1fDead said:
    Senior Chupon said:
    Also got Angry Birds for free on my Russian account, w00t.
    clap

Considering all the fuss that was made over the 800MSP game Ben 10 being free for a few hours, I'm surprised more people haven't got excited about a 3200MSP game being free (possibly for the whole week).
    No kidding. This is awesome. Take a dummy account, migrate to Russia, and presto - free game! dance
    Already paid for it. Oh well.
    "Booyah" - Jeff Winger
  • Posted on 06 September 13 at 10:22
    Armstrong x360a said:
    I'm contemplating Beyond Good & Evil HD. I never played the original so there's no nostalgic value for me here, is this game good in its own right or more for fans of the original with updated graphics?

Also, any opinions on I Am Alive? I followed that game long before it came out and then it got abysmal reviews so never played it. I still like the premise and the graphics look nice. Is this game really as disappointing as the graphics suggest?
    Beyond Good and Evil is a good game regardless. It has a nice story and interesting characters. It is great for the price.

I Am Alive I thought was shit at first, like a 4/10. After sticking with it, I'd give it a 7-8/10. It has its appeal, though I wouldn't recommend it to everyone. The story was lackluster with a laughable ending (it was average at best) but I loved the survival elements and strategy involved in surviving an altercation with some baddies.

If you are willing to give it a good chance, it is fun for half price. You have to be patient though...well, at least in my case. It isn't much of an action game and doesn't have amazing set pieces, but I really liked it despite its early frustrations.

TLDR: I Am Alive is nothing spectacular, but once you nail down the gameplay it can be quite satisfying. Just don't expect AAA presentation.
  • Posted on 06 September 13 at 15:57
    Thanks for the reply, that's exactly what I needed. Think I'll stick to Beyond Good and Evil now and consider picking up I Am Alive if it ever drops lower and I complete some more of my backlog. Thanks!
  • Posted on 06 September 13 at 17:06, Edited on 06 September 13 at 17:06 by Senior Chupon
    Armstrong x360a said:
    Thanks for the reply, that's exactly what I needed. Think I'll stick to Beyond Good and Evil now and consider picking up I Am Alive if it ever drops lower and I complete some more of my backlog. Thanks!
    You won't regret it. BG&E is really a great game. With the HD upgrade I feel the game holds up really well.
  • boodomiboodomi167,696
    Posted on 06 September 13 at 20:51
    I just want Halo: Reach dlc sale
  • michaelusedmichaelused458,635
    Posted on 07 September 13 at 10:42
    Picked up the Mass Effect 3 dlc, Blacklight: Tango Down, and I Am Alive.
  • x RepoUK xx RepoUK x288,798
    Posted on 07 September 13 at 13:28
    Not a patch on last years and that was crap too.
  • KlingsorKlingsor343,800
    Posted on 07 September 13 at 20:17
    Anything here good for easy achievements?
  • Digg2000Digg2000233,161
    Posted on 07 September 13 at 22:11
    Sale is perfect. Going back to school sucks a long with these options.
  • Throni360Throni3602,107,679
    Posted on 07 September 13 at 23:56
    Klingsor said:
    Anything here good for easy achievements?
    Jeremy and Quarrel.
  • wbswbs965,040
    Posted on 08 September 13 at 22:15
    Does anyone know if the sale will still be available on Monday or it actually ends early Monday morning?
  • Posted on 08 September 13 at 22:50
    wbs 101 said:
    Does anyone know if the sale will still be available on Monday or it actually ends early Monday morning?
    The sales normally run from Tuesday to Tuesday. So if you're planning on getting something tomorrow you should be fine.
    CJ tainted this sig
  • Posted on 09 September 13 at 01:25
    Definently picking up the AC DLC and Beyond Good and Evil! What other games are good for achievements?
    The Zestiest of Potatoes
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead677,930
    Posted on 10 September 13 at 02:28, Edited on 10 September 13 at 21:52 by HolyHalfDead
    New sales now live

Warner Brothers Sale 9th September - 17th September 2013
    Batman: Arkham Asylum and DLC, Batman: Arkham City and DLC, Injustice: Gods Among Us and DLC, LEGO Batman, LEGO Batman 2, Gotham City Imposters

Behemoth Sale Daily Deals 9th September - 17th September 2013
    BattleBlock Theater, Alien Hominid HD, Castle Crashers

Deal of the Week (Gold Exclusive) 9th September - 17th September 2013
    Far Cry Blood Dragon, Call of Juarez Gunslinger, MLB 2K13, Nicktoons MLB
    Doodle Jump Kinect

Probably the last day to pick up Angry Birds Trilogy for free with a Russia gamertag.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead677,930
    Posted on 10 September 13 at 21:51
    The Back to School sale has now finished and Angry Birds Trilogy is no longer free.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.