Game Discussion: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Forum

How to buy Add-on: Chaos Unleashed?

AuthorMessage
ripsentoPl
ripsentoPl
Posted on 13 December 12 at 19:50
How to buy Add-on: Chaos Unleashed? Cant do this through ms page, and in game they want more then 4 million ms points.
Any idea what now?
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 14 December 12 at 00:41
It has been removed from the marketplace, no one seems to know why ... Might be licensing issues unfortunately.
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 14 December 12 at 11:11
That doesn't make any sense. The rest of the stuff is still up there and they've released other 40k related stuff more recently than that. Makes me wonder if there was some issue with the DLC itself. Hmm...
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 14 December 12 at 17:38, Edited on 14 December 12 at 17:39 by RadiantViper
Misfit119 said:
That doesn't make any sense. The rest of the stuff is still up there and they've released other 40k related stuff more recently than that. Makes me wonder if there was some issue with the DLC itself. Hmm...
I know, it's just a common reason why DLC and games are pulled. The DLC was up for a long time with no issues, I dodged a bullet and bought it just a few weeks before it disappeared. Plus I haven't seen them offer any explanation yet ...
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 14 December 12 at 23:09
RadiantViper said:
Misfit119 said:
I know, it's just a common reason why DLC and games are pulled. The DLC was up for a long time with no issues, I dodged a bullet and bought it just a few weeks before it disappeared. Plus I haven't seen them offer any explanation yet ...
No, you're right. I was tend to react... poorly to the idea that THQ doesn't have the Warhammer 40k licenses anymore. Thems games is my favoritests. I sent them a tweet and Facebook post but no reply and now I can't download this. Or 100% Space Muhreenz.cry
AcidSTARHUNTER
Posted on 02 January 13 at 01:57
no it cant be shame on you thq
TO BE THIS GOOD TAKES AGES
thatcantbegood
Posted on 02 January 13 at 05:36
It's still up on PSN for some reason.
PeeMcPee
PeeMcPee
Posted on 07 January 13 at 11:42
Ah Goddammit i was looking forward to doing all that! Where the heck has it gone!??!
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 12 January 13 at 05:13
So the game is no longer fully completable huh? That blows.
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 13 January 13 at 08:49
PeeMcPee said:
Ah Goddammit i was looking forward to doing all that! Where the heck has it gone!??!
I dunno. They don't respond on Facebook or Twitter and THQ just gives out a form e-mail. I'm trying to reach out to industry contacts to figure out why just the Xbox version was removed but I've got nothing. Quite annoying really.
Scraps4Mantis
Posted on 22 January 13 at 17:28, Edited on 22 January 13 at 17:29 by Scraps4Mantis
I sent an inquiry about the status of the chaos unleashed dlc using the form email on the site and got this email from Greg at THQ in return:

"Unfortunately, Chaos Unleashed and Dreadnought Assault have been permanently removed from the Xbox LIVE by order of the Inquisition."
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 23 January 13 at 02:11
Scraps4Mantis said:
I sent an inquiry about the status of the chaos unleashed dlc using the form email on the site and got this email from Greg at THQ in return:

"Unfortunately, Chaos Unleashed and Dreadnought Assault have been permanently removed from the Xbox LIVE by order of the Inquisition."
Which still makes no goddamn sense since you can buy it on other consoles. I'd really like to know why this is the case. Why things are pulled from XBL but not from other services and what Xbox does that causes it to happen this way with no warning. Argh.
Scraps4Mantis
Posted on 23 January 13 at 21:13
It probably has something to do with the auctioning of THQ (which still doesn't explain why they still sell the DLC on PSN). I read that SEGA has purchased Relic and I think Relic may be tied to the Warhammer 40K License. I don't know what happens to the dlc now if the developer can release without the original publishers involvement...really sucks
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 23 January 13 at 22:08
Scraps4Mantis said:
It probably has something to do with the auctioning of THQ (which still doesn't explain why they still sell the DLC on PSN). I read that SEGA has purchased Relic and I think Relic may be tied to the Warhammer 40K License. I don't know what happens to the dlc now if the developer can release without the original publishers involvement...really sucks
Publisher doesn't matter, what matters is the license holder. If SEGA didn't acquire the license for Warhammer 40k when they got Relic, which they didn't, then the license would default back to Games Workshop. So we'd need someone else to pick up the license (or Relic to get it back) and then put the Space Marine stuff back up. It's a stretch to say the least and we'll likely not see the DLC ever again and if we do it won't be for some time.
iTiiDuS iNc
iTiiDuS iNc
Posted on 21 February 13 at 13:54
If somebody sell an account where this dlc is on msg me please
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 21 February 13 at 14:06
Pretty sure account selling is regarded the same way as account sharing - it's against the MS ToS. This would be the wrong site to ask for that.
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 22 February 13 at 11:09, Edited on 22 February 13 at 11:10 by Rhyolitic
Scraps4Mantis said:
Pretty much irrelevant. They are still offering the Chapter skins for sale on XBL. Or at least they were a few weeks ago.

When Sega purchased Relic, they didn't get the WH40k license. That was specifically separated from Relic as a whole. Sega has the license to do games based on the fantasy Warhammer universe, iirc, but that's a separate beast from the military science fantasy of the 40k universe.

Why CU and DA were pulled is most likely going to be one of those great mysteries of the universe. One might try contacting Games Workshop as well, see if they have anything to say on the matter.

Scraps4Mantis said:

Did you reply back asking for a more specific answer?
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 07 April 13 at 22:39, Edited on 08 April 13 at 16:10 by HolyHalfDead
I am going to start playing this game tomorrow. I'm pleased I picked up the Chaos Unleashed DLC when it was on sale in October 2012 because it sounds like it was pulled from the marketplace not long after that and before the THQ bankruptcy.
I TRU RELIG1ON
Posted on 13 May 13 at 06:37
ripsentoPl said:
How to buy Add-on: Chaos Unleashed? Cant do this through ms page, and in game they want more then 4 million ms points.
Any idea what now?
yep 4,000,000 mspoints needed willing to do illicit things to aquire them, sexual and non sexual redface so i can 100% this muvva!!!
ASSASSIN'S CREED BLACK FLAG & GOTHAM CITY ORIGINS & GTA 5 & SAINTS ROW 4
Skinstakovic
Skinstakovic
Posted on 19 May 13 at 10:15
If we downloaded the dlc before it disappeared can we still play it? I've put this game down for about 6 months i think, and am completing some old games at the moment to get my % up. I always liked exterminatus and was looking forward to going for the achievements
Skinstakovic, creating gaming harmony since 2007
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.