Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Review: Forza Motorsport 5

AuthorMessage
mancide
mancide
Posted on 27 November 13 at 20:25
It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning is winning.

Please click here to read the story: TA Review: Forza Motorsport 5
TrueAchievement
Posted on 27 November 13 at 20:41
If you start this game and don't think much of it, buy a car in class A or above and then give it another go - it's a completely different game and really exhilarating!
marklynx
marklynx
Posted on 27 November 13 at 20:52, Edited on 27 November 13 at 21:36 by marklynx
Absolutely stunning game. I would give it 5/5.
Hairy Cabbage
Hairy Cabbage
Posted on 27 November 13 at 21:41
Havin' a blast on this game so far.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 27 November 13 at 21:53
Huge disappointment, aside from the cars looking a bit fancier graphically it could be forza 4, and 60 quid for the VIP version, what did I get? Always bought forza VIP I love it but this is terrible it feels rushed and the stench of buy with tokens (real money) makes me wanna snap the disc I didn't care it was in previous forza it felt optional...still killer instinct who'd of thought that'd turn out so good
TrueAchievement
Posted on 27 November 13 at 22:19
DEATH CODE45709 said:
Huge disappointment, aside from the cars looking a bit fancier graphically it could be forza 4, and 60 quid for the VIP version, what did I get? Always bought forza VIP I love it but this is terrible it feels rushed and the stench of buy with tokens (real money) makes me wanna snap the disc I didn't care it was in previous forza it felt optional...still killer instinct who'd of thought that'd turn out so good
Why would you buy any tokens? Seems like it's pretty quick to progress without having to do anything like that

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 27 November 13 at 22:30
TrueAchievement said:
DEATH CODE45709 said:
Why would you buy any tokens? Seems like it's pretty quick to progress without having to do anything like that
I got free tokens with my VIP and 5$ from gamestop for buying the collectors edition! So I have lots of tokens
Thor~
xxxxPRODIGYxxxx
Posted on 27 November 13 at 22:30
Forza 5 is a very beautiful game, and the cars look simply stunning. BUT, it's going to be one hell of a grind to complete. And with not very many tracks, it's going to be very boring.
RoboShatner
RoboShatner
Posted on 27 November 13 at 23:39
It's just Forza 2 with better graphics.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 28 November 13 at 00:00
RoboShatner said:
lol i not saying forza2 but forza4 yes....it's better wait until 2015 until forza6 for play true next gen game or not,forza now is anual release this means 1year is forza horizon and next year forza motorsport etc milking the cowlaugh
stick pa barbush madder foca?how much?
RoboShatner
RoboShatner
Posted on 28 November 13 at 00:20
DJ SONIC 360 said:
RoboShatner said:
lol i not saying forza2 but forza4 yes....it's better wait until 2015 until forza6 for play true next gen game or not,forza now is anual release this means 1year is forza horizon and next year forza motorsport etc milking the cowlaugh
Forza 3 and 4 had way more tracks. This seems to be replicating Forza 2's "barely any" quota.
matdan
matdan
Posted on 28 November 13 at 00:36
Ehhh... I will wait for Forza 6 when hopefully they put most of the cars back into the game. Too many big names missing to consider it.
BlazinBuckwheat
Posted on 28 November 13 at 01:28
TrueAchievement said:
If you start this game and don't think much of it, buy a car in class A or above and then give it another go - it's a completely different game and really exhilarating!
I'll have to give that a go. I've always enjoyed Forza games, but I'm absolutely hating racing my Mazda in a B class, maybe because its a RWD too, and I love me AWD.
IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!!!!! BlaziNBuckwheaT
mancide
mancide
Posted on 28 November 13 at 01:39
Also, I didn't mention it in the review, but if you haven't signed up for the Rewards Program over on http://rewards.forzamotorsport.net/ I highly encourage you to do so. You'll earn in game gifts of credits and cars just for playing Forza titles.
TA Social Manager | TA Dealhound | Xbox Ambassador | @mancide
SatNiteEduardo
Posted on 28 November 13 at 02:17
RoboShatner said:
In a technical sense that is a fair statement.

Forza 2 was the first Forza game on the 360.

Forza 5 is the first Forza game on the One.

It's a new start, on a new console with many new elements to the game engine that means significant parts of the game were not ported over from FM4.

I actually prefer C class and P class lol and not much in between
HolyMoses81
HolyMoses81
Posted on 28 November 13 at 03:00
No rain, no snow, no innovation -> no deal!
Don't open your eyes you won't like what you see! The blind have been blessed with security!
Yin
Yin
Posted on 28 November 13 at 05:28
They cut so many corners on this game.
crymepayz
crymepayz
Posted on 28 November 13 at 06:16
Not enough criticism from the reviewer towards turn 10 for the micro transactions. They have cut half the cars and tracks compared to 4. Everything is geared towards microtransactions on this seemingly. Only way theyll stop is if their review scores take a hit and people stop buying their games, although the latter theyll blame on something else for lack of sales...

A $60,,,,, £50,,,€70 game should not have the micro transactions that are found in a f2p model, especially when they want the same money again for dlc...
Redders 420
Redders 420
Posted on 28 November 13 at 06:34
FYi The headtracking is not new, Forza 4 had it.
It's more than just a game, It's a passion.
TrueAchievement
Posted on 28 November 13 at 06:37
crymepayz said:
Not enough criticism from the reviewer towards turn 10 for the micro transactions. They have cut half the cars and tracks compared to 4. Everything is geared towards microtransactions on this seemingly. Only way theyll stop is if their review scores take a hit and people stop buying their games, although the latter theyll blame on something else for lack of sales...

A $60,,,,, £50,,,€70 game should not have the micro transactions that are found in a f2p model, especially when they want the same money again for dlc...
This is nonsense though - there's a tiny (and i mean really tiny, like less than 1% of the screen) bit of text on the screen where you start a race that says "level up faster". That's it!

I've played the game for probably 7 or 8 hours and am at level 28. No need to buy anything at all, unless you really want to cut corners levelling up, but that wouldn't help you will the other grindy achievements so personally i see absolutely no point in doing it. I have earned plenty of in game credits for cars too.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.