Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Windows Phone Deal Of The Week: October 31st, 2013

• PrinzHintzPrinzHintz710,231
    Posted on 31 October 13 at 22:03
    Is it worth it?
  • JohnyLouJohnyLou779,154
    Posted on 31 October 13 at 22:07
    PrinzHintz said:
    Is it worth it?
  • destinywarsdestinywars826,708
    Posted on 31 October 13 at 22:07
    awesome game!!!
  • djjdjj1,132,858
  • Chaos MythologyChaos Mythology1,820,001
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,406,687
    Posted on 31 October 13 at 22:22, Edited on 31 October 13 at 22:24 by xPut Name Herex
    Windows 8 version is still $10. This would have been a great opportunity to do a cross-platform deal.

Moderator Note: Let's please stop quoting posts without adding any of our own discussion to the conversation, thanks
    Gamers have two hobbies: Playing games, and complaining about those games
  • Dancing RobDancing Rob158,763
    Posted on 31 October 13 at 22:25
    picked up the XBLA version in the sale the other day, so will give this a miss...
  • SlavenBOSSSlavenBOSS954,028
    Posted on 31 October 13 at 22:30
    But will it blend?
  • The T113The T113105,141
    Posted on 31 October 13 at 22:42
    I've posted about this but no one seems to care: is there any chance you're going to start using QR codes that the Windows Phone's QR code app can actually read? The lime green doesn't work.
  • SpilnerSpilner1,040,040
    Posted on 31 October 13 at 22:45
    The T113 said:
    I've posted about this but no one seems to care: is there any chance you're going to start using QR codes that the Windows Phone's QR code app can actually read? The lime green doesn't work.
    Does with my L900 but takes long than a black one would.
    You either hate me or fucking hate me
  • Posted on 31 October 13 at 23:39
    Is there any way to buy the game without currently owning a windows phone? I am planning on upgrading soon, and would like to snag this at the current price if possible.
    Posted on 31 October 13 at 23:44
    EarthChaosSnake said:
    Is there any way to buy the game without currently owning a windows phone? I am planning on upgrading soon, and would like to snag this at the current price if possible.
    Unfortunately not, until you link a phone to your account you cannot buy games via the WP website.
  • Posted on 31 October 13 at 23:47, Edited on 31 October 13 at 23:48 by EarthChaosSnake
    Spilner said:
    EarthChaosSnake said:
    Unfortunately not, until you link a phone to your account you cannot buy games via the WP website.
    Damn, guess I will just have to hope there is a next time. Thanks for letting me know at least.
    Posted on 31 October 13 at 23:51
    EarthChaosSnake said:
    Spilner said:
    EarthChaosSnake said:
    Damn, guess I will just have to hope there is a next time. Thanks for letting me know at least.
    If its anything like other WP games that go on sale itll get dropped again some time.
  • redjarmanredjarman516,456
    Posted on 01 November 13 at 00:55
    lol well I just bought the arcade version like 2 days ago...
  • Hyper FencerHyper Fencer390,546
    Posted on 01 November 13 at 01:14
    The T113 said:
    Works almost instantly with my L920. Which phone do you have?

Anyone know if the completion is easy or difficult?
    I never said I was not crazy
  • wbswbs986,970
    Posted on 01 November 13 at 01:39
    Anyone else having trouble purchasing after agreeing the the new terms that I am sure are full of more language to screw the consumer? I get stuck on the verifying screen and it never loads.
  • wbswbs986,970
    Posted on 01 November 13 at 02:01
    Figured it out. I had to restart my phone then it wanted me to accept the terms again and it worked. My phone is acting weird now though. When I am typing sometimes it will take maybe 30 seconds to a minute for the words to show up and my phone has never done that.
  • coipcoip291,958
    Posted on 01 November 13 at 04:47
    PrinzHintz said:
    Is it worth it?
    If you like turn-based strategy games even a little bit, this game is definitely worth it. It's got a great single-player campaign with a quirky story, it has cross-platform multiplayer, and the gameplay mechanics are great: it's simple enough that anyone can pick it up quickly but also subtly complex that allow more experienced players to enjoy it too. I think it is one of the Top 5 best Windows Phone games. Definitely worth $2.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.