Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Windows Phone Deal Of The Week: October 31st, 2013

• SlyX89SlyX8995,740 95,740 GamerScore
    Posted on 01 November 13 at 05:17
    Hyper Fencer said:
    The T113 said:
    I've posted about this but no one seems to care: is there any chance you're going to start using QR codes that the Windows Phone's QR code app can actually read? The lime green doesn't work.
    Works almost instantly with my L920. Which phone do you have?

Anyone know if the completion is easy or difficult?
    looking at the game's completion chart.. I'm going to say no
    good hunting
  • ROBBERT DHTROBBERT DHT1,609,469
    Posted on 01 November 13 at 08:12
    Might worth it to add this from Just Creech:

The game saves to the cloud and the saves can be accessed from any device. This has benefits and drawbacks. The primary benefit is that you really only have to play the game once even if you own all three versions of it, as long as you load saves correctly. The primary drawback is that if you DON'T load saves correctly, some achievements can become permanently unachievable on other devices. As such, I strongly recommend purchasing all of the three versions you plan on playing before starting any of them, and then progressing on all of them simultaneously. This is the most efficient use of your time and avoids any glitches.
  • heatlightheatlight2,062,832
    Posted on 01 November 13 at 08:23
    Yeah, if you've already played Skulls on another device, the achievements on this become totally broken. I just found that out, and am a bit annoyed.
  • Rusty Nail zhRusty Nail zh1,431,014
    Posted on 01 November 13 at 08:29
    ROBBERT DHT said:
    Might worth it to add this from Just Creech:

The game saves to the cloud and the saves can be accessed from any device. This has benefits and drawbacks. The primary benefit is that you really only have to play the game once even if you own all three versions of it, as long as you load saves correctly. The primary drawback is that if you DON'T load saves correctly, some achievements can become permanently unachievable on other devices. As such, I strongly recommend purchasing all of the three versions you plan on playing before starting any of them, and then progressing on all of them simultaneously. This is the most efficient use of your time and avoids any glitches.
    Thanks for the info, but this really turned me off. So, I can't buy the game on WP7, play it through and then play the game on my XBOX, without glitches?
    I have come here to chew bubble gum and kiss ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum.
  • CraphexCraphex688,028
    Posted on 01 November 13 at 08:52
    Ah thanks for this update! Been meaning to get this so glad I waited! Looks good on my 8x :)
    Craphex
  • ZalexzyZalexzy2,564,514
    Posted on 01 November 13 at 08:54
    Rusty Nail zh said:
    Thanks for the info, but this really turned me off. So, I can't buy the game on WP7, play it through and then play the game on my XBOX, without glitches?
    Exactly. You would have to save to cloud before you get ach, then load that save on xbox and unlock ach same time on both devices to avoid glitching.
  • PhilmnatorPhilmnator289,148
    Posted on 01 November 13 at 09:00
    Hmm picked up the Arcade version, and it was real good (tough game) tho I've been too distracted to go back to it loll

This mobile version is veryy tempting tho
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 November 13 at 09:37
    How do you scan the code with my phone???
    Eels Forever
  • RickyGBirdRickyGBird382,204
    Posted on 01 November 13 at 10:01
    Blue n Gold Eel said:
    How do you scan the code with my phone???
    Press the magnifying glass button (Bing search) on your phone, then press the eye icon at the bottom. Scan, then touch the web address it finds from the scan.
  • HumpyrtonHumpyrton855,675
    Posted on 01 November 13 at 11:15
    Knightzshield said:
    Hyper Fencer said:
    The T113 said:
    I've posted about this but no one seems to care: is there any chance you're going to start using QR codes that the Windows Phone's QR code app can actually read? The lime green doesn't work.
    Works almost instantly with my L920. Which phone do you have?

Anyone know if the completion is easy or difficult?
    looking at the game's completion chart.. I'm going to say no
    The multiplayer is a pain, single player all gold isn't too bad, but some of them take some skill, there is a guide for the xbla version that I followed for the most part. This was at least 15 Hrs to complete, I would say more like 20, though.
  • BeachemBeachem576,524
    Posted on 01 November 13 at 13:52
    Awesome! Instant purchase. Just got the XBLA last week. Wish the Win 8 version was on sale too.
    Jump right out of a creek!
  • AlonsoFiveAlonsoFive417,112
    Posted on 01 November 13 at 18:48
    Think I'll pass on this one, sounds like a pain in the ass if I ever want to play it on another device.
    Sleep is so overrated.
  • Posted on 01 November 13 at 20:18, Edited on 01 November 13 at 20:19 by Fuzzmeister J
    so for the achievements, you have to load the level on each platform (win/xbox/wp) at the same time and finish the levels while they are all loaded at the same time?
  • ROBBERT DHTROBBERT DHT1,609,469
    Posted on 01 November 13 at 21:34
    Fuzzmeister J said:
    so for the achievements, you have to load the level on each platform (win/xbox/wp) at the same time and finish the levels while they are all loaded at the same time?
    Full roadmap:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55...

Not gonna copy paste the whole roadmap since I don't just take over a full roadmap without permission.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.