Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

TA Top Five: Beverages

• Cringer85Cringer85330,954
    Posted on 03 November 13 at 23:33
    re: Estus from Dark Souls. As far as I remember (or what I thought it to be when I played the game) ist that Estus is an essence of Soul. Hence it's not really a liquid but more like a gas-essence thing that is inhaled.
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic442,883
    Posted on 04 November 13 at 00:03
    Saints Flow would've been nice.

Also, no ryncol? Come on, gotta have a recipe for that. How about a nice Troll's Sweat or a Dragon's Breath?
  • matdanmatdan796,028
    Posted on 04 November 13 at 00:27
    Nice list.
  • Posted on 04 November 13 at 02:36
    halder001 said:
    no Juggernog? thought that would be in.
    ^ this
    Self-reliance is the key to true freedom.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

• planting42planting421,818,474
  • Posted on 04 November 13 at 06:39
    Great list, to those moaning about it being lame because of alcohol, TA should do top 5 cuddly toys in gaming next week, happy kids? Lol
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo262,162
    Posted on 04 November 13 at 06:39
    I had to click on the link for Crystal Pepsi, despite having it released in Australia I cannot remember ever having tried it. They should definitely re-release it.

Best Top 5 to date TA!
    'We all make choices, but in the end those choices make us'
  • ITS ALivExITS ALivEx249,116
    Posted on 04 November 13 at 06:47
    Loved Bulletstorm, and like all the Nom Juice ingredients. It's all coming together now toast
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic442,883
    Posted on 04 November 13 at 09:02
    You can get clear cola flavoring in place of using Crystal Pepsi for the Nuka Cola Quantum. You'd have to be able to carbonate your own water and figure out a mixing ratio, but the flavoring does exist. Failing that, you could substitute a non-cola clear soda for it. You'd get a different taste, but if the appearance is what's more important, it could work.
  • Posted on 04 November 13 at 09:53, Edited on 04 November 13 at 10:23 by PrettyColt21109
    NuttySandman123 said:
    Great list, to those moaning about it being lame because of alcohol, TA should do top 5 cuddly toys in gaming next week, happy kids? Lol
    I only saw one guy comment on that (there could be more, IDK), but he put it very well. He wasn't moaning at all, he only had a light suggestion or even a very slight disappointment that despite being a great article, it could have been made better if some recipes for some non-alcoholic beverages were included, for those that are perhaps underage or don't drink alcohol.

I think it was an excellent point, as a lot of people don't drink alcohol very often if at all, and a bit of variety would have made this even better. I try not to drink alcohol as it isn't the best thing to drink, and I'd love to try out a healthier one that is good for everyone to enjoy.

I'll definitely try out some of these though. I think this is the best top 5 yet.

EDIT: I should add that it would be difficult to do, as a lot of beverages in games have an inebriating effect within the universe they appear in, so alcohol is very common in their recipes. I would try and do some of these by substituting the alcohol with something else or just removing it completely and adjusting the recipe to your own taste.

I totally want to have a party with just Nuka-Cola Quantum drinks though. THAT would be amazing.

Mia Archibald said:
    What about Moonshine from Red Dead Redemption.

Besides that... fantastic list.
    From RDR? Nah, the Anderson Brothers would like a word with you smile
    The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug ;)
  • Posted on 04 November 13 at 10:09
    Morrowind skooma > Oblivion skooma > Skyrim skooma
    G.I.F.D. ~ Get It Fucking Done
  • Posted on 04 November 13 at 10:09
    What about Moonshine from Red Dead Redemption.

Besides that... fantastic list.
    F*ck this, I'm off on my unicorn.
  • Vr EnglishVr English756,896
    Posted on 04 November 13 at 10:35
    osubluejacket said:
    When it comes to a wine recommendation, might I suggest "Apothic Red". You can usually find a bottle for under $15 at most grocers.

As far as a coffee drink goes (for Deadly Premonition), I enjoy this:

1 ounce Kahlua Coffee Liqueur
    1 ounce Irish Cream
    1 ounce Irish Whiskey
    3 ounces cold coffee

Instructions: Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake vigorously for 20 seconds then strain into a rocks glass with ice.
    Enjoy!
    This sounds awesome!
  • zoidberg1339zoidberg1339493,094
    Posted on 04 November 13 at 10:38
    GROG
  • Posted on 04 November 13 at 11:16
    awesome list ta makes me wanna have a drink right now rather not its only 6:30 am early start I guess......
    achievements its what's for dinner
  • Posted on 04 November 13 at 11:45
    Why not duke beer??
  • Posted on 04 November 13 at 13:12
    Sleg?
    It ain't what you got; it's what you give
  • Posted on 04 November 13 at 13:21
    Man...I really enjoyed this article AND the suggestive recipes. Makes me want to stock up again with just these ingredients. I mean, it only seems fitting since gaming is my main hobby at the moment.

Of course, when all else fails, a Jack Daniels with a splash of Coca Cola always does the trick.
    Rollus Tidus
  • Negative ZZNegative ZZ111,301
    Posted on 04 November 13 at 13:58
    And now enters that drunk guy from Oblivion that sings in the town.

Forgot that fellows name, but man was that tune great!
    2nd Annual Bean Dive starting July 7, 2011. Join the fun and save your games until then if you can!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.