Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

E3 2011: Kinect for Select EA Sports Games in 2012

• punkyliarpunkyliar191,411
    Posted on 07 June 11 at 21:45Permalink
    Four games will have compatible features

EA's Peter Moore took to the stage at E3 to confirm that four of the publisher's sports games will have Kinect compatibility when they are released in 2012. These games will be FIFA 13, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13, Madden NFL 13, and one more title to be announced in the future.

Moore hinted at the type of compatibility that fans can expect:

Imagine what it would actually be like to call audibles at the line in Madden. Imagine the fidelity of motion when swinging your golf club in Tiger. Just imagine the possibilities that Kinect can bring to the biggest sports game in the world, FIFA.
    EA will bring us more details on these games later on in the year.
  • l DNAngel ll DNAngel l282,631
    Posted on 07 June 11 at 21:47Permalink
    Not really into this whole push for kinect support. Might make me buy one. Reviews are sketchy though.
  • Posted on 07 June 11 at 21:48Permalink
    kinect for fifa cant wait for this
  • Posted on 07 June 11 at 21:50Permalink
    come on. will this ever end? video games should be played they were meant to be played: sitting on your ass with a controller in hand.
  • Posted on 07 June 11 at 21:57Permalink
    I'd like to try out tiger woods
  • Posted on 07 June 11 at 21:59Permalink
    As long as theres no Kinect based achievements, who cares.....People can bounce around the room all they want for all I care. Just dont make it so you cant 1000 a game without Kinect. Then its time to riot.
  • BleeapBleeap357,118
    Posted on 07 June 11 at 22:00Permalink
    mcvizzlerizzle said:
    come on. will this ever end? video games should be played they were meant to be played: sitting on your ass with a controller in hand.
    Quote of the lifetime their folks.
  • Posted on 07 June 11 at 22:01Permalink
    Oh hell yes.
    This is absolutely awesome news.

So pumped for this.
  • FoobnumFoobnum831,348
    Posted on 07 June 11 at 22:10Permalink
    I hope the 4th title is NHL 12. I would love to play as the goalie using Kinect, or even call plays and line changes.
  • Posted on 07 June 11 at 22:10Permalink
    GOLF! GOLF! GOLF! (I suck at it in real life so I can see how much I suck while playing it with kinect!)
  • Posted on 07 June 11 at 22:18Permalink
    Screw Kinect! EA Sport games will be better on Wii U. Nintendo really got me excited for their new console/controller, starting to save money now for the 2012 launch!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 June 11 at 22:21Permalink
    wowwwwwwwwwwwww
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty529,438
    Posted on 07 June 11 at 22:22Permalink
    Well i hope the Kinect version of golf will be better than the Wii versions. They truly suck.
  • BeachemBeachem275,371
    Posted on 07 June 11 at 22:23Permalink
    Pretty cool...tiger woods with Kinect sounds awesome. I really enjoyed it on the wii
  • Posted on 07 June 11 at 22:26Permalink
    I wonder if the Tiger Woods game will support groping strippers. Too soon?
  • Posted on 07 June 11 at 22:28, Edited on 07 June 11 at 22:28 by Unnamed SaintPermalink
    Bleeap said:
    mcvizzlerizzle said:
    *There. Lololol.

OT: Don't got a Kinect, but this should be interesting, might have to buy one soon then.
  • Slimshady296Slimshady296418,778
    Posted on 07 June 11 at 22:56Permalink
    I feel like people are going to be excited for this, then when they actually get their hands on it and the novelty of it wears off, everyone will go back to using the controller.

Not to mention the frustration I'm sure will come with however the kinect plays into these titles. I do hope it works out though, been loyal to ea sports since forever.
  • CasperTCCasperTC579,764
    Posted on 07 June 11 at 22:58Permalink
    How could kinect work in FIFA?
  • Posted on 07 June 11 at 23:12Permalink
    CasperTC said:
    How could kinect work in FIFA?
    If you pass me a bung ill tell you smile
  • Posted on 07 June 11 at 23:12Permalink
    Bleeap said:
    mcvizzlerizzle said:
    Kinect doesn't render sitting on your ass obsolete.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.