Game Discussion: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 (Xbox 360) Forum

Should I get Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2?

AuthorMessage
BGnasty
BGnasty
Posted on 04 March 13 at 23:27
Played the first one, absolutely loved it. Found my old copy and played it on this account after I made it.

I found a used copy of M:UA2 for about $15, and was thinking of picking it up.

Am I still able to 100% the game aside from the DLC? I was really late to the party hearing about the DLC being gone, and then coming back for a short time.

I was hoping to get the 1000 in the game, and get in a session or two with someone with the DLC to get the full 1250. I'd only need to download the Juggernaut pack online, right?

I have read on here that you must play with someone who has the original DLC, and not the DLC downloaded after it was brought back after a short amount of time. Any truth to that?
ChunkierChart33
Posted on 05 March 13 at 00:01, Edited on 05 March 13 at 00:34 by ChunkierChart33
Don't own this game, but as far as I have read, all you need is the 'Character and Sim Mission Pack' dlc. Unfortunately the paid version is gone, but the teaser is still up for download. I believe that if you download that, and play with somebody who has the dlc (not the teaser), you should be able to gain all the achievements.

The Juggernaut pack didn't add any achievements, though. It was the 'Character and Sim Mission Pack Teaser'. Both are still up on Xbox.com at the time of this posting though (and are both Free).

Before buying it though, I'm hoping somebody who has done this successfully/unsuccessfully posts something to ensure and clarify if this can/cannot still be done. Until then, I would strongly advise against purchasing the game if you are concerned about not being able to 100% complete with dlc, and against listening to my suggestions.laugh
Mickey Burns
Mickey Burns
Posted on 05 March 13 at 00:12
I'm not sure about the DLC thing.

It has been a long time since I played this ... I think I got in before the whole DLC mess.

I am pretty sure you can still get the 1000GS. Again, I am unsure if you can play with someone that has the DLC to get the remaining 250.

Are you dead set on 100%ing this (other than the core game)? If you liked the first one, you might like this one. It is a bit different, but then again a lot the same. I thought it was fun and if you're looking for something to co-op with a friend and/or significant other, this is a good game for that.
It just so happens that I'm an asshole in real life, too.
ChunkierChart33
Posted on 05 March 13 at 00:34
On the achievements page for this game, none of the dlc achievements have an unobtainable flag, so unless the page just hasn't been updated, I would assume they are still obtainable somehow. Upon closer inspection, somebody managed to start and complete the pack yesterday.
BGnasty
BGnasty
Posted on 05 March 13 at 05:07
ChunkierChart33 said:
The Juggernaut pack didn't add any achievements, though. It was the 'Character and Sim Mission Pack Teaser'. Both are still up on Xbox.com at the time of this posting though (and are both Free).

Before buying it though, I'm hoping somebody who has done this successfully/unsuccessfully posts something to ensure and clarify if this can/cannot still be done. Until then, I would strongly advise against purchasing the game if you are concerned about not being able to 100% complete with dlc, and against listening to my suggestions.laugh
I downloaded them to my hard drive, just in case.

I'm just fishing for ideas at this point, but I might pick it up anyways, and hope that I can get them in a session with another person. Thing is, people don't really look for sessions in games they already have completed (I know I don't). Just gotta be optimistic.

Mickey Burns said:
Are you dead set on 100%ing this (other than the core game)? If you liked the first one, you might like this one. It is a bit different, but then again a lot the same. I thought it was fun and if you're looking for something to co-op with a friend and/or significant other, this is a good game for that.
I'm pretty sure I'd go for the 100% on the game.

There are a few games out there that I want to play, but they are a bit too pricey for me at this point. Figured that this game along with some of my long grind achievements (Here's looking at you Gears of War series) would be able to keep me busy for a while until the prices start to go down.

ChunkierChart33 said:
On the achievements page for this game, none of the dlc achievements have an unobtainable flag, so unless the page just hasn't been updated, I would assume they are still obtainable somehow. Upon closer inspection, somebody managed to start and complete the pack yesterday.
Completely forgot about checking recent achievement winners. Thanks for reminding about that.

Appears to still be possible to team up with someone to get them completed.
M1 462
M1 462
Posted on 16 March 13 at 15:18
Hey BGnasty I have the DLC and I'm willing to help you get the achievements. I have 2 left that I'm struggling to complete without a co-op partner. If you help with those I'm more than willing to assist you in completing all DLC achievements. If you liked the first game I definitely recommend picking this one up. If you're interested PM me on TA.
Lavindathar
Lavindathar
Posted on 16 March 13 at 15:21
It's a decent game. You just need someone else who has the DLC , as they said earlier.

Still possible to 1250g, even though the DLC is now unavailable,
BGnasty
BGnasty
Posted on 16 March 13 at 17:17
Turns out I wasn't able to get a copy.

They have it used, but it isn't at a store near me, nor is it able to be shipped to me.

Still kinda looking around, but other copies are getting expensive.
Lavindathar
Lavindathar
Posted on 16 March 13 at 17:29
BGnasty said:
Turns out I wasn't able to get a copy.

They have it used, but it isn't at a store near me, nor is it able to be shipped to me.

Still kinda looking around, but other copies are getting expensive.
Yup, I traded my copy in about two-three years after release when I hit the 1250g, and I got £26 for it.....
WRATH 0F PAIN
WRATH 0F PAIN
Posted on 27 October 13 at 10:40
great game,must buy!!!clap
D J B
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.