Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Retail Releases: Week of November 5th, 2013

• matdanmatdan678,536
    Posted on 05 November 13 at 14:36Permalink
    Lebrohnski said:
    Halo became generic trash.
    Sad but true. Seems to be that no shooter wants to be different.

Wave 0 of Horde said:
    Call of duty's huge acclaim days are long gone.
    Good n all reviews tend to state what everyone knew.
    Same old cod which is fine obviously but no innovation as ever = No buy.
    You needed a review for that??
  • Posted on 05 November 13 at 15:55Permalink
    matdan12 said:
    Lebrohnski said:
    Halo became generic trash.
    Sad but true. Seems to be that no shooter wants to be different.

Wave 0 of Horde said:
    Call of duty's huge acclaim days are long gone.
    Good n all reviews tend to state what everyone knew.
    Same old cod which is fine obviously but no innovation as ever = No buy.
    You needed a review for that??
    For next Gen yeah.
    I just don't understand the hype for call of Duty.
  • WickedDeathWickedDeath464,243
    Posted on 05 November 13 at 16:36Permalink
    COD is so played out at this point. Only the good little sheep are still buying it. Shows how many of you are sheep.
  • Watty8883Watty88831,675,415
    Posted on 05 November 13 at 17:39Permalink
    More dull sequels.
  • Posted on 05 November 13 at 20:40Permalink
    Mohsen DP 360 said:
    As a previous COD fan I have to say that Titanfall is the "one game to rule them all" not COD there's plenty wrong with it even though I enjoy it most of the time.
    But TitanFall is only on Microsoft devices so it has a fraction of the market.

This weeks EU offerings are seriously lame. Three already released games and Call of Snooze. Total horseradish all round and yet it will be considered one of the biggest weeks in gaming. Will it topple GTA V, won't it? Sigh.
  • Posted on 05 November 13 at 21:35Permalink
    Some old regurgitated shite ,more like GHOSTBUSTERS! :-)
    I saw the game in a bargain bin in comet and i walked right pass it ,i thought fuck that was close.
  • Posted on 06 November 13 at 18:19Permalink
    A lot of the commenters about COD make me laugh. You might be forgetting what COD is, it is a GAME. And as one of those things called GAMES, most people are involved with GAMES for FUN. And, people can play the same GAME for years and still have FUN. Imagine that? laugh When was the last time that someone playing Basketball/soccer/hockey/baseball in real life, and then complained that they hadn't changed the game since last year, the nets were still the same heights, etc, and it's no more fun anymore?
    I have many friends who play COD each year--we have a blast in the multiplayer, it's all about strategy, reactions, and general, FUN. laugh Now granted, I'm the only one who gets all the achievements generally, but we still have a lot of fun with it. It's like getting new uniforms for your soccer team, it's still soccer, but it looks a little different.

I enjoy playing games for achievements... and for FUN. I hope you do too! smile Because, they are GAMES after all...just like sports.

I just don't quite understand what you want from COD--it's guaranteed to be un-original, except for minor tweaks. Is it still fun? Yes, for me at least! So, really, what are you wanting from COD.....?
  • Posted on 06 November 13 at 18:23Permalink
    ^^ A quick addition to my previous post--I can see COD not being fun at all if you don't have any friends who play it, in fact, it could be downright painful. So, if you don't have any friends who are good at COD, you have my sympathies. And, if you are 100% focused on achievements, I can see COD not being your thing at all. So, have fun with whatever gaming career you like, but please don't try to make your expectations the benchmark for what FUN really is, because we all have fun in different ways... oh, so many different ways. toast
  • Posted on 06 November 13 at 20:34Permalink
    Use the edit post button dude... ^
    Banana Big Boys
  • Posted on 06 November 13 at 21:24Permalink
    Shadow 00 Fox said:
    A lot of the commenters about COD make me laugh. You might be forgetting what COD is, it is a GAME. And as one of those things called GAMES, most people are involved with GAMES for FUN. And, people can play the same GAME for years and still have FUN. Imagine that? laugh When was the last time that someone playing Basketball/soccer/hockey/baseball in real life, and then complained that they hadn't changed the game since last year, the nets were still the same heights, etc, and it's no more fun anymore?
    I have many friends who play COD each year--we have a blast in the multiplayer, it's all about strategy, reactions, and general, FUN. laugh Now granted, I'm the only one who gets all the achievements generally, but we still have a lot of fun with it. It's like getting new uniforms for your soccer team, it's still soccer, but it looks a little different.

I enjoy playing games for achievements... and for FUN. I hope you do too! smile Because, they are GAMES after all...just like sports.

I just don't quite understand what you want from COD--it's guaranteed to be un-original, except for minor tweaks. Is it still fun? Yes, for me at least! So, really, what are you wanting from COD.....?
    So why buy Ghost if you can have equal FUN with Bl-ops2. ?
  • Posted on 07 November 13 at 02:46Permalink
    Mohsen DP 360 said:
    As a previous COD fan I have to say that Titanfall is the "one game to rule them all" not COD there's plenty wrong with it even though I enjoy it most of the time.
    I'd like to know the basis on which you claim Titanfall to be the one game to rule them all? First it hasn't been released, thus not proven. Second it won't touch all platforms. And finally whose to say the lame mech game won't have a host of problems when it releases? At the rate of current games there will be two patches within a couple months of release.

Sorry "previous COD fan". I call your bluff.
  • Blue RadiumBlue Radium390,933
    Posted on 07 November 13 at 02:48Permalink
    Obligatory "Ben 10 Omniverse 2, nothing is gonna be able to beat that this week!" comment.
    Novus Ordo Seclorum
  • Posted on 07 November 13 at 17:17Permalink
    Why buy Ghosts and not keep Black Ops? Because, I like the new looks... new maps to explore, the core will be the same, but my friends and myself will be having a good time learning new strategies for them, and then settling in for some fun once we learn the maps. smile I'm big on visuals, and they might've made some improvements, hopefully graphically! If I didn't have any friends getting Ghosts, I would reconsider getting it, except that I always love the COD campaigns.
  • Posted on 08 November 13 at 02:01Permalink
    Mohsen DP 360 said:
    Can't say that about Titanfall either because it hasn't come out yet. We expected Perfect Dark Zero to be the same. It wasn't. Also Ghosts is the worst Infinity Ward Campaign according to GI. Then again they have had some great so called "Call of Duty" games as of late. Too bad the CoD moniker is no longer accurate.
    The ODST
  • Posted on 08 November 13 at 12:43Permalink
    You mean COD Black Ops II with a dog mod?
  • Posted on 09 November 13 at 18:13Permalink
    I feel CODs are like the FIFAs. Except there's two developers takings turns showing us their "improvements" to an already very recycled franchise.
    [IW]Here, look! COD4! Finally a modern warfare game!
    [TY] Hey, hey, check out WaW! WWII and Nazi Zombies!
    [IW] Wait wait, look! COD4 2! Now with more attachments!
    [TY] Yeah yeah, but look! Vietnam mission in Black Ops! Also, Castro!
    [IW] MODERN WARFARE 3, A US PRESIDENT'S ON IT, WITH CINEMATICS!
    [TY] BLACK OPS 2 HAS MORE ZOMBIES. Also, everyone dies faster on Multiplayer so it's more balanced.
    [IW] DOGS AND ALIENS. PERIOD.

I do see the point in having graphical improvements every release, but whatever happened to the storytelling from COD4? It seems more run and gun focused every year. Bad Infinity Ward.

Let's see what Treyarch shows us next year.
    ,;!;,Redodua,;!;,
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.