Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Long Awaited Fez Patch Officially Announced

• albajosalbajos475,621
    Posted on 05 July 13 at 14:23Permalink
    They stopped charging for patches? Ghostbusters, where art thou? laugh
    All work and no play makes Jos a dull boy.
  • sm182sm182761,185
    Posted on 05 July 13 at 14:24Permalink
    A few months? Is it just him working there?
  • Posted on 05 July 13 at 14:24Permalink
    Maybe Harmonix can patch RB3 now...
  • Posted on 05 July 13 at 14:25Permalink
    Good. He can blame Microsoft all he wants, bottom line is he fucked up and was too tight to fix it. They both belong to each other.
  • Vr EnglishVr English648,723
    Posted on 05 July 13 at 14:26Permalink
    MaRcUsChEiF117 said:
    Good. He can blame Microsoft all he wants, bottom line is he fucked up and was too tight to fix it. They both belong to each other.
    Interesting you say that, never heard anyone be anything but negative to MS before.
  • Posted on 05 July 13 at 14:28Permalink
    sm182 said:
    From the Indie Game Movie that's the impression I got. That it was just Phil and maybe one other guy.
  • nelis99nelis99124,873
    Posted on 05 July 13 at 14:29Permalink
    nice.
  • Posted on 05 July 13 at 14:56, Edited on 05 July 13 at 14:57 by BlazinBuckwheatPermalink
    I get where this guy comes from, but he just seems like an arrogant ass way too much. I tried Fez after watching The Indie Movie, wasn't that impressed really.
    IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!!!!! BlaziNBuckwheaT
  • MtldMtld1,382,760
    Posted on 05 July 13 at 15:05Permalink
    What is wrong with the game??

I enjoyed it without any issues.
  • vegansoundvegansound655,991
    Posted on 05 July 13 at 15:14Permalink
    sm182 said:
    Haha!

I already finished it a few months ago. Too late for a patch. But I have noticed no apparent bug at the time. Except the clocktower time that wasn't that logical (the last hyper-cube I had)...
    www.droitsdesanimaux.net
  • Posted on 05 July 13 at 15:27, Edited on 05 July 13 at 15:28 by PrettyColt21109Permalink
    Vr English said:
    MaRcUsChEiF117 said:
    Interesting you say that, never heard anyone be anything but negative to MS before.
    People are always quick to jump on MS's back, but in this instance, it was his fault. We all know they charge for patches, he knew, so why didn't he make sure his patch and game worked initially? As far as I'm aware, Sony charge as well do they not? But no-one has any links to provide saying they don't.

It is good patches are free now, but I hope it doesn't lead to dev laziness. At least now they can't blame MS, but I'm sure the internet will.
  • Posted on 05 July 13 at 15:27Permalink
    Yes to Ghostbusters. Please to Ghostbusters!
  • Posted on 05 July 13 at 15:29Permalink
    Been waiting for this! Bought the game a while ago, but didn't want to risk it glitching on me.
    Thrifty SiMON
  • Posted on 05 July 13 at 15:30Permalink
    Piemanns Bakery said:
    I hope for all those affected it does get patched. I joined the leaderboard that was requesting a patch for it, even though I don't have it.

I still don't think they will be bothered fixing it, as it still costs time which more or less equals money. There is a much higher chance though, so we should be more vocal now.
  • Posted on 05 July 13 at 15:52Permalink
    Marc Pilkington said:
    It's going to take a few months, though. but we're doing it!
    Better give 'em 3 years!
    Don't feed the trolls
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 July 13 at 15:52Permalink
    Mtld said:

The game can crash in the Waterfall level and it also freezes and/or crashes to the dashboard randomly. Also if you collect too many anti-cubes you cannot get the achievement for the 64 total anti and regular cubes.
  • Twinkling82Twinkling82155,300
    Posted on 05 July 13 at 16:22Permalink
    Senior Chupon said:
    sm182 said:
    From the Indie Game Movie that's the impression I got. That it was just Phil and maybe one other guy.
    You're right. The movie is on Netflix for interested people.

MaRcUsChEiF117 said:
    Piemanns Bakery said:
    I hope for all those affected it does get patched. I joined the leaderboard that was requesting a patch for it, even though I don't have it.

I still don't think they will be bothered fixing it, as it still costs time which more or less equals money. There is a much higher chance though, so we should be more vocal now.
    You're forgetting one little, but important detail. First off, updating Ghostbusters would mean a lot of money for development, Another thing is that the free update fix is ONLY for arcade games - as far as I am aware, Ghostbusters is not an arcade game. ;)
    Editor-in-chief of Gamin' Girl - gamingirl.com
  • Posted on 05 July 13 at 16:35Permalink
    feared american said:
    Mtld said:

The game can crash in the Waterfall level and it also freezes and/or crashes to the dashboard randomly. Also if you collect too many anti-cubes you cannot get the achievement for the 64 total anti and regular cubes.
    Yea this is part of it. I encountered the waterfall glitch and am aware of the anti cube problems so I'm avoiding that. I think the biggest issue was the save corrupting bug where certain players had to start over, it was the only workaround. The problem was introduced with the first title update.
  • Posted on 05 July 13 at 16:49Permalink
    @Twinkling82

Only for arcade? Should have known. Always a catch 22 with Microsoft lol. In any case, it is good as the small scale guys need it more. God I'd hate for EA to get free updates haha, make the bitches pay lol.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.