Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Long Awaited Fez Patch Officially Announced

• Posted on 05 July 13 at 17:00Permalink
    First of all the guy Phil fish was a cheap bastsrd from the start!

does anyone else remember when he was bitching about the release price!

this guy is a scumbag plain and simple.
    THE NEW AND IMPROVED XBOX ONE.......FREE OF TYRANNICAL RULES AND REGS
  • Posted on 05 July 13 at 17:49Permalink
    What's wrong with RB3?
    Corn is no place for a mighty warrior
  • Posted on 05 July 13 at 18:58Permalink
    My save actually got corrupted so I just started over. I really liked this game and it was just a slight annoyance to have to replay the first 50-60%. It didn't take that long, either, because I'd just played through it and remembered it.
  • CONKER1182CONKER1182530,997
    Posted on 05 July 13 at 19:17Permalink
    Twinkling82 said:
    Senior Chupon said:
    sm182 said:
    A few months? Is it just him working there?
    From the Indie Game Movie that's the impression I got. That it was just Phil and maybe one other guy.
    You're right. The movie is on Netflix for interested people.

MaRcUsChEiF117 said:
    Piemanns Bakery said:
    Yes to Ghostbusters. Please to Ghostbusters!
    I hope for all those affected it does get patched. I joined the leaderboard that was requesting a patch for it, even though I don't have it.

I still don't think they will be bothered fixing it, as it still costs time which more or less equals money. There is a much higher chance though, so we should be more vocal now.
    You're forgetting one little, but important detail. First off, updating Ghostbusters would mean a lot of money for development, Another thing is that the free update fix is ONLY for arcade games - as far as I am aware, Ghostbusters is not an arcade game. ;)
    If this has anything to do with Ghostbusters the video game getting another future patch the publisher Atari went out of business so that most likely will not happen.
  • Posted on 05 July 13 at 19:19Permalink
    For all those who keep suggesting other games release patches now that they're free, keep in mind those companies still have to pay people to make the patch. If the companies even exist anymore.
  • Posted on 05 July 13 at 19:59Permalink
    MaRcUsChEiF117 said:
    Vr English said:
    MaRcUsChEiF117 said:
    Good. He can blame Microsoft all he wants, bottom line is he fucked up and was too tight to fix it. They both belong to each other.
    Interesting you say that, never heard anyone be anything but negative to MS before.
    People are always quick to jump on MS's back, but in this instance, it was his fault. We all know they charge for patches, he knew, so why didn't he make sure his patch and game worked initially? As far as I'm aware, Sony charge as well do they not? But no-one has any links to provide saying they don't.

It is good patches are free now, but I hope it doesn't lead to dev laziness. At least now they can't blame MS, but I'm sure the internet will.
    Lol. Why doesn't he just make a perfect game? I mean everyone else makes perfect games why couldn't he? I bet you, you can't name a SINGLE game that doesn't have the following. A Glitch or a Bug. you can leave this website now.
    Happy gaming.
  • Posted on 05 July 13 at 20:28Permalink
    I've never wanted to punch some I'd never met more than when I heard this bastard speak on Indie Game.

The game is decent though.
    My teeth taste funny today. They seem more jagged than normal.
  • TempeauTempeau187,436
    Posted on 05 July 13 at 20:55, Edited on 05 July 13 at 21:00 by TempeauPermalink
    Fez is a cool game, Fish is a cool guy, and lmao if you seriously think anyone's "to blame" for not catching a total edge case bug.
  • Posted on 05 July 13 at 21:22Permalink
    brehonia said:
    Fez is a cool game, Fish is a cool guy, and lmao if you seriously think anyone's "to blame" for not catching a total edge case bug.
    explain how fish is a cool guy? all he does is bitch about how the consumer isn't paying him enough and how he can't afford to patch his game......yah I'm sure releasing his game put him in the poor patch.
    THE NEW AND IMPROVED XBOX ONE.......FREE OF TYRANNICAL RULES AND REGS
  • Posted on 05 July 13 at 22:43Permalink
    OniKawazu said:
    What's wrong with RB3?
    It now has a discontinued achievement. Was thinking they could maybe patch it.
  • Iceman2pnt0Iceman2pnt0214,245
    Posted on 05 July 13 at 23:46Permalink
    They need to fix the waterfall glitch, the too many hypercubes glitch, and the game save glitch. Its probably too much to ask for more content like

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
    If you want real change vote with your wallet.
  • Karachi KingKarachi King1,253,132
    Posted on 06 July 13 at 01:09Permalink
    MaRcUsChEiF117 said:
    People are always quick to jump on MS's back, but in this instance, it was his fault. We all know they charge for patches, he knew, so why didn't he make sure his patch and game worked initially? As far as I'm aware, Sony charge as well do they not? But no-one has any links to provide saying they don't.

It is good patches are free now, but I hope it doesn't lead to dev laziness. At least now they can't blame MS, but I'm sure the internet will.
    Microsoft also has their own certification process for patches, so it's not entirely his fault.
  • Posted on 06 July 13 at 11:37, Edited on 06 July 13 at 11:39 by PrettyColt21109Permalink
    truthfu1gam3r said:
    MaRcUsChEiF117 said:
    Vr English said:
    MaRcUsChEiF117 said:
    Good. He can blame Microsoft all he wants, bottom line is he fucked up and was too tight to fix it. They both belong to each other.
    Interesting you say that, never heard anyone be anything but negative to MS before.

Lol. Why doesn't he just make a perfect game? I mean everyone else makes perfect games why couldn't he? I bet you, you can't name a SINGLE game that doesn't have the following. A Glitch or a Bug. you can leave this website now.
    I think you should ask yourself how many games release that need patching, and then that patch breaks the game for many people. Also, the creator is too much of a tight-ass and an arrogant jerk to pay to fix it, so instead bitches and complains and blames everyone else.

You can leave this website now. #bitch
  • GR4V1G0R3GR4V1G0R3230,226
    Posted on 06 July 13 at 18:59Permalink
    everyone bitching at phil needs to take a step back, think that lots of studios have complained about the fake XBL that they are given to test functionality of the game...it doesn't recreate anything, and is almost completely pointless - MS say there is no such thing, well, then why does every game not by EA / Activision / Ubisoft have issues that didn't show in testing because that XBL works differently to the real one

also, fez was initially made by 2 guys, then they fell out (easily done, phil is a bit much - but the other guys sounded like more of a prick than phil, refusing to acknowledge the release request, or anything, until after the PAX show started) phil finished (re-skinned/designed) the rest on his own (with the financial backing of another party) and did...ok, to say his show build was a shambles because he broke it the night before.....

I refuse to blame a small dev when they have no access to the real XBL to test (maybe to prevent people buying dev kits to do dubious things on XBL) ...though a lot of people find it easier when 1 guys puts his name to something (hence my initial hatred of randy pitchford, until I realised, everyone at gearbox is a thieving cunt)

how any of you can moan at someone who put that much work into something, but let gearbox get away with what they have,. and not acknowledge how badly they've treated us, publishers and IP's themselves....tbh, think i'm gonna troll GB things until they or I die
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo252,572
    Posted on 06 July 13 at 20:12Permalink
    Senior Chupon said:
    sm182 said:
    A few months? Is it just him working there?
    From the Indie Game Movie that's the impression I got. That it was just Phil and maybe one other guy.
    I remember reading it was the other guy doing all the work. But 2 guys for that amazing masterpiece surely is a testament to willpower! Good to see them supporting their product.
    'We all make choices, but in the end those choices make us'
  • Posted on 06 July 13 at 20:36, Edited on 06 July 13 at 20:40 by DrunkLastKnightPermalink
    Senior Chupon said:
    OniKawazu said:
    What's wrong with RB3?
    It now has a discontinued achievement. Was thinking they could maybe patch it.
    Yeah but youve had how long to get those free tracks?

Now if only Trendy Entertainment will release the rest of whats missing for Dungeon Defenders Ill be good to go. I hate it when games dont get all the content they should (my biggest disappointment was not having the exp to Sacred 2)
  • Posted on 06 July 13 at 22:31Permalink
    MaRcUsChEiF117 said:
    ignorance at its finest.
    BY FYRE BE PURGE
  • QwanimalQwanimal625,244
    Posted on 06 July 13 at 23:02Permalink
    MaRcUsChEiF117 said:
    truthfu1gam3r said:
    MaRcUsChEiF117 said:
    Vr English said:
    MaRcUsChEiF117 said:

I think you should ask yourself how many games release that need patching, and then that patch breaks the game for many people. Also, the creator is too much of a tight-ass and an arrogant jerk to pay to fix it, so instead bitches and complains and blames everyone else.

You can leave this website now. #bitch
    Please proof read your response next time you try to do a witty comeback. That didn't make any sense.
  • Posted on 07 July 13 at 03:42Permalink
    Senior Chupon said:
    Maybe Harmonix can patch RB3 now...
    RB3 doesnt need a patch its still obtainable and if you really cared for RB3 you would have gotten that song. So dont complain.
    maxxyfuckingeatsyou
  • MAH BOI 420MAH BOI 420210,187
    Posted on 07 July 13 at 07:11Permalink
    OniKawazu said:
    What's wrong with RB3?
    Vocal glitches, mainly the 99% and inactive talkies ones.

Aside from that and a few DLC crash glitches for the EU version that they fix for you on request I can't think of anything else.

But yes, I've been wanting that patched for a while.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.