Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Long Awaited Fez Patch Officially Announced

• QuadrahandsQuadrahands334,247
    Posted on 07 July 13 at 10:06Permalink
    Fish did seem like a dick, but on the other hand Fez kicks ass. Never had any trouble tbh but this article has made me want to go back and get my final few cubes.

That indie game movie was so good, the bearded guy that co-created super meat boy seemed like the nicest guy in the world.
    I went outside once, the graphics were amazing but the characters and storyline were truly awful.
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,064,757
    Posted on 07 July 13 at 14:39Permalink
    Quadrahands said:
    the bearded guy that co-created super meat boy seemed like the nicest guy in the world.
    For me, too, until he took to every possible forum to trash MS and came off sounding like a baby. He took a few too many notes from Jonathan Blow, I think.

The world is not a perfect place. Fix it, or deliver in spite of it, but crying about it serves no purpose.
  • Posted on 07 July 13 at 15:13Permalink
    Qwanimal said:
    MaRcUsChEiF117 said:
    truthfu1gam3r said:
    MaRcUsChEiF117 said:
    Vr English said:
    MaRcUsChEiF117 said:
    Good. He can blame Microsoft all he wants, bottom line is he fucked up and was too tight to fix it. They both belong to each other.
    Interesting you say that, never heard anyone be anything but negative to MS before.
    People are always quick to jump on MS's back, but in this instance, it was his fault. We all know they charge for patches, he knew, so why didn't he make sure his patch and game worked initially? As far as I'm aware, Sony charge as well do they not? But no-one has any links to provide saying they don't.

It is good patches are free now, but I hope it doesn't lead to dev laziness. At least now they can't blame MS, but I'm sure the internet will.
    Lol. Why doesn't he just make a perfect game? I mean everyone else makes perfect games why couldn't he? I bet you, you can't name a SINGLE game that doesn't have the following. A Glitch or a Bug. you can leave this website now.
    I think you should ask yourself how many games release that need patching, and then that patch breaks the game for many people. Also, the creator is too much of a tight-ass and an arrogant jerk to pay to fix it, so instead bitches and complains and blames everyone else.

You can leave this website now. #bitch
    Please proof read your response next time you try to do a witty comeback. That didn't make any sense.
    Or you can gladly add to the discussion, instead of coming off as an unnecessary little turd in the bowl. Too many a-holes on this site hell-bent on being a smartass instead of offering a counterargument or anything of use. P*ss off, please.

And that other jerk off above you. I have laid down what I believe to be the case, and instead of saying what is wrong with it, I get big words from little men. Sums up about every thread on this site.
  • Posted on 07 July 13 at 17:13, Edited on 07 July 13 at 17:15 by CounterInsurgntPermalink
    The Globalizer said:
    Quadrahands said:
    the bearded guy that co-created super meat boy seemed like the nicest guy in the world.
    For me, too, until he took to every possible forum to trash MS and came off sounding like a baby. He took a few too many notes from Jonathan Blow, I think.

The world is not a perfect place. Fix it, or deliver in spite of it, but crying about it serves no purpose.
    Really? Last time I checked crying about it made Xbox fire its CEO and remove the tyrannical restrictions and rules from the Xbox One.
    THE NEW AND IMPROVED XBOX ONE.......FREE OF TYRANNICAL RULES AND REGS
  • Twinkling82Twinkling82155,444
    Posted on 07 July 13 at 17:44Permalink
    CounterInsurgnt said:
    Really? Last time I checked crying about it made Xbox fire its CEO and remove the tyrannical restrictions and rules from the Xbox One.
    It wasn't all the whining and moaning that made them change it. It was Sony's announcement with no DRM attached. Microsoft HAD to take steps to close the gap between the consoles to make a fair competition whenever the consoles launched - and then we have the pre order numbers, which REALLY was the biggest reason for MS to change ways.

And no one said Don was fired. No one. He might have decided to leave the company because he didn't believe in the changes to the policies to the console itself.

So there you go - all the whiners thinks they got their way because of all the yelling and as bonus, got a CEO fired - while the story is a little bit different in all seriousness.
    Editor-in-chief of Gamin' Girl - gamingirl.com
  • Posted on 07 July 13 at 17:48Permalink
    Twinkling82 said:
    CounterInsurgnt said:
    It wasn't all the whining and moaning that made them change it. It was Sony's announcement with no DRM attached. Microsoft HAD to take steps to close the gap between the consoles to make a fair competition whenever the consoles launched - and then we have the pre order numbers, which REALLY was the biggest reason for MS to change ways.

And no one said Don was fired. No one. He might have decided to leave the company because he didn't believe in the changes to the policies to the console itself.

So there you go - all the whiners thinks they got their way because of all the yelling and as bonus, got a CEO fired - while the story is a little bit different in all seriousness.
    roll

There are plenty of other threads where you guys can speculate all you want but the truth is, neither one of you truly know. Let's keep this thread about bashing Phil Fish please.
    My teeth taste funny today. They seem more jagged than normal.
    Posted on 07 July 13 at 19:04, Edited on 07 July 13 at 19:04 by Twinkling82Permalink
    I don't like him either, and the Indie Games Movie did not make me change my mind.

Happy? [happyface sticking toungue out]

Rich, isn't it about time you added a smiley sticking it's tongue out? I really really miss it
  • Posted on 07 July 13 at 19:18Permalink
    I'm with you. Before I saw the movie I thought the guy was maybe getting a bad rap. Nope. He deserved it all.
    My teeth taste funny today. They seem more jagged than normal.
  • Throni360Throni3601,293,987
    Posted on 08 July 13 at 00:17Permalink
    "and they simply couldn't wouldn't do that." *fixed
  • Posted on 08 July 13 at 07:41Permalink
    Throni360 said:
    "and they simply couldn't wouldn't do that." *fixed
    Lol exactly. Not saying Microsoft are the good guys or anything, but I'll be f***ed if a two-man team didn't make a profit (a great one at that) on Fez. Sick of the hipster indies bitching. Yeah, they make good games, but they aren't as godly as they believe.
  • Posted on 08 July 13 at 14:54Permalink
    DOOM The Return said:
    I'm with you. Before I saw the movie I thought the guy was maybe getting a bad rap. Nope. He deserved it all.
    This. He's pretty much the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen in a long time.
  • Posted on 08 July 13 at 20:47Permalink
    I bet he killed three puppies when Fez went on sale for $5
    THE NEW AND IMPROVED XBOX ONE.......FREE OF TYRANNICAL RULES AND REGS
    Posted on 08 July 13 at 21:40Permalink
    CounterInsurgnt said:
    I bet he killed three puppies when Fez went on sale for $5
    And I am completely sure that either he was asking Microsoft for a sale, or Microsoft at least made is an suggestion. I hardly believe Microsoft just put it on sale without his consent.
  • Shadow XBLShadow XBL280,651
    Posted on 09 July 13 at 19:47Permalink
    I don't get why it'll take a few months if they had it all ready before but didn't push it out because of the cost. Makes me think he was BS'ing when he said it was fixed and ready.

I wasn't affected and I'm 200/200 on it, so whatever. Just seems fishy.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.