Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

E3 2011: Devil May Cry Trailer

• Posted on 08 June 11 at 02:49
    Two minutes of hot Dante action

Ninja Theory's reboot of the Devil May Cry franchise has been the subject of many hate-filled diatribes online for what they did to Dante's design. No matter how you feel about the reboot, this trailer showcases classic DMC combat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo2ENMhmXqw

Devil May Cry currently has no release date.
  • Posted on 08 June 11 at 02:55
    i still gotta start the 4th one, but im a bit reluctant to because of those achievements
    When life gives Chuck Norris lemons, he makes orange juice
  • SanadaSanada738,313
    Posted on 08 June 11 at 02:56, Edited on 08 June 11 at 02:56 by Sanada
    OfficerBarbrady said:
    i still gotta start the 4th one, but im a bit reluctant to because of those achievements
    Don't let achievements hold you back out of a great experience. And you could always try it on a dummy account if it matters that much.

This trailer was pretty badass. Still on the fence about new Dante but eh oh well...I'll get used to it as I'm not going to miss the newest addition to the series despite a new look.
    You seem a little furious...
  • MuscularTeaMuscularTea1,405,015
    Posted on 08 June 11 at 03:02
    GF loves it and she's skeptical about it, but honestly I think that little transformation between black hair and white looked pretty sweet. Reminds me of him going super saiyan or something haha.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Did he go SSJ?
  • lKierenlKieren272,140
    iHeartSlampigs said:
    OfficerBarbrady said:
    Don't let achievements hold you back out of a great experience. And you could always try it on a dummy account if it matters that much.

This trailer was pretty badass. Still on the fence about new Dante but eh oh well...I'll get used to it as I'm not going to miss the newest addition to the series despite a new look.
    Isn't it technically the old Dante?

This trailer definitely changed my look on this game from the first announce trailer. Can't wait for this to come out.
  • Lurch9944Lurch994494,947
    Posted on 08 June 11 at 03:04
    looks like when he did the devil trigger thing he turned into the orginal dante
  • Posted on 08 June 11 at 03:06
    Wow, this looks slow and dull. Nothing has any color to it, everything is bland. This may be a work in progress but they haven't gotten very far yet.
  • SebastianSBSebastianSB206,116
    Posted on 08 June 11 at 03:11
    The gameplay sure looks like DMC, but that gritty visual reboot is just disappointing. I don't mind a character design, but why make the whole world look boring?
    RBN Weekly Updates: http://www.trueachievements.com/leaderboard.aspx?leaderboardid=1576
  • SanadaSanada738,313
    Posted on 08 June 11 at 03:12
    StealthShot1906 said:
    iHeartSlampigs said:
    OfficerBarbrady said:

Isn't it technically the old Dante?

This trailer definitely changed my look on this game from the first announce trailer. Can't wait for this to come out.
    The new old Dante. It doesn't look so great to me...but I'm willing to deal with that. If I can play through Devil May cry 2 I can handle anything.
    You seem a little furious...
  • Posted on 08 June 11 at 03:20
    I will be buying
    Pay For The Pain ~ Raven Homicide
  • Posted on 08 June 11 at 03:25
    I still have to finish the last one before I even consider this one but people I know who played it weren't that thrilled with it.
  • Posted on 08 June 11 at 03:27
    Earlier I changed this to a "wait for price reduction purchase" on my list...

Now though, day bloody one!
  • Posted on 08 June 11 at 03:39
    I keep trying to get excited, but this Dante is... ehh.

Fighting could still be good, though.
  • GuruThaGreatGuruThaGreat1,248,244
    Posted on 08 June 11 at 03:43
    I much prefer the look of Dante in DMC4, but I'm not really going to complain about this new look. It is a reboot after all, so I would expect the game to look and feel different. There are a lot of games that I am anticipating more than this, but I think it will be a fun play. I'll end up getting it eventually I assume, but not on release. Besides, I still have a lot of work to do in DMC4 and I will want to finish that up before getting the new one.
  • MaxForce357MaxForce357132,068
    Posted on 08 June 11 at 03:46
    Dante still has white hair?! Thank God! This trailer actually helped heal the wounds of the lackluster Devil May Cry 4. I loved the first 3, so this is a welcome reboot.
    IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE! TAKE THIS. YOU GOT THE BFG9000!! OH, YES.
  • Posted on 08 June 11 at 03:53
    LovableCrazee said:
    Wow, this looks slow and dull. Nothing has any color to it, everything is bland. This may be a work in progress but they haven't gotten very far yet.
    Yes the game is a bit slower thus far from the pervious titles perhaps it's a more refined combat scheme as well. The colors aren't bland at all. And as much as you have said it is a work in progress which is why they didn't give it a release date. I can only imagine if they did then there would be the "it needs more work" response to it coming out so soon lol.

I don't get all the hate for the new look sure it's not as cool as his old look, but I'm pretty sure Dante wasn't a bad ass from day one geez people. Anyhow the old master minds who created the series is over at platinum games now and Capcom isn't going to let this franchise die just like how Microsoft isn't going to let Halo die either so I'm sure they're doing their best to not ruin the series.
  • AnavrynAnavryn794,385
    Posted on 08 June 11 at 03:55
    LovableCrazee said:
    I agree. I've seen better games ripped to shreds for a lot less. The gameplay looks repetitive to say the least and the environments are simply uninspired. It's great that they were eager to get some gameplay footage out there, but they should have polished it up a bit more or added a little more excitement.
  • Posted on 08 June 11 at 04:07
    I like Dantes look in MvC3.
  • Posted on 08 June 11 at 04:08
    I'm upset to say the least.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads