Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Retail Releases: Week of October 21st, 2013

  • Posted on 21 October 13 at 23:03
    Marc Pilkington said:
    Now that I've started to delve into a couple of LEGO games (Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter) I'm thinking in the not too distant future I will have to get LEGO Marvel Superheroes!
    They're solid well made and fun games. I started buying them for my son (who out grew them oddly enough) but I -expletive deleted- love them. Are they GotY games? No. Just solid, fun games.
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 21 October 13 at 23:08
    Skitzy Too Cold said:
    Marc Pilkington said:
    Now that I've started to delve into a couple of LEGO games (Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter) I'm thinking in the not too distant future I will have to get LEGO Marvel Superheroes!
    They're solid well made and fun games. I started buying them for my son (who out grew them oddly enough) but I -expletive deleted- love them. Are they GotY games? No. Just solid, fun games.
    +1, they're also tough at some points too lol
    Thor~
  • GtechApocalypseGtechApocalypse2,140,984
    Posted on 21 October 13 at 23:12
    Some great games coming out this week!
    Gtech
  • Posted on 22 October 13 at 00:43
    Is anyone else worried by the lack of advance-reviews for Arkham Origins? That is usually a bad sign :-(
  • Posted on 22 October 13 at 01:26
    Lots of releases this week, Batman's the game I'm most looking forward to but I'm going to hold back to see what the views are of the multiplayer before I purchase it.
    Is shooting bullets not cool enough for you? Buy a Maliwan and light some people on fire!
  • Goggs25Goggs251,871,065
    Posted on 22 October 13 at 03:39
    Looks like its just WRC 4 for me this month would have got Lego Marvel Heroes but us in the UK got too wait nearly a month before its out here. Maybe they need time to translate it from American to English lol
    Goggs25
  • El ZombieEl Zombie360,531
    Posted on 22 October 13 at 04:00, Edited on 22 October 13 at 04:01 by El Zombie
    Quantum Binman said:
    Is anyone else worried by the lack of advance-reviews for Arkham Origins? That is usually a bad sign :-(
    Nope, you're not the only one. I pre-ordered the first 2 games in this series, but I've yet to reserve this one. A new developer, multiplayer & no advance reviews have me feeling apprehensive.
  • Posted on 22 October 13 at 04:21
    El Zombie said:
    Quantum Binman said:
    Is anyone else worried by the lack of advance-reviews for Arkham Origins? That is usually a bad sign :-(
    Nope, you're not the only one. I pre-ordered the first 2 games in this series, but I've yet to reserve this one. A new developer, multiplayer & no advance reviews have me feeling apprehensive.
    Same here... I have cancelled my pre-order and going to wait to see what the reactions are. It's a shame because I absolutely loved the previous 2 games from Rocksteady.

    I watched the 17min gameplay video they released yesterday and, while the game looks almost identical to Rocksteady's efforts, the frame rates seemed all over the place cry
  • AlmightySparrowAlmightySparrow1,131,655
    Posted on 22 October 13 at 07:18, Edited on 22 October 13 at 09:09 by AlmightySparrow
    no Australian release date for deus ex human revolution director's cut for Xbox 360 only the Wii cheaper online anyway
    edit: release date for Batman in Australia is 25th here just so you know it may be 24th in UK and US but it is 25th here
    https://ebgames.com.au/xbox360-162159-Batman-Arkham-Origins-...
  • Throni360Throni3602,118,604
    Posted on 22 October 13 at 07:54
    Can't wait for WRC 4!
  • Posted on 22 October 13 at 09:09
    does deus ex have a new achievement list? id definitely get it if it does!
    You want it when?
  • Rista BRista B750,974
    Posted on 22 October 13 at 16:37
    I'm interested in learning more about the Deux EX Director's Cut. Probably won't get it as I already have most of the DLC for the game but if it gets cheap enough it could be tempting.
  • Posted on 22 October 13 at 16:56
    So wait does naruto shippuden 3: FB release today in the us?
  • caelichcaelich126,372
    Posted on 22 October 13 at 17:05
    I really hope Rocksmith is waiting for me when I get home tonight. I could really use a little cheer tonight.
    Blue, green, orange, the fun cannot be halted.
  • BigNev44BigNev441,890,532
    Posted on 22 October 13 at 18:41
    Virgil Must Die said:
    does deus ex have a new achievement list? id definitely get it if it does!
    Rista B said:
    I'm interested in learning more about the Deux EX Director's Cut. Probably won't get it as I already have most of the DLC for the game but if it gets cheap enough it could be tempting.
    Unfortunately no, the game doesn't stack with the original but i see the game is less yellow, lol
  • caelichcaelich126,372
    Posted on 22 October 13 at 23:48
    caelich said:
    I really hope Rocksmith is waiting for me when I get home tonight. I could really use a little cheer tonight.
    Wasn't here. Instead I found a photo radar ticket from the police. As if not getting the game wasn't bad enough. What a night! smile
    I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7540,354
    Posted on 23 October 13 at 04:29
    It seems you can't install Deus Ex Director's Cut to the hard drive (unlike the original). Anyone know who I could contact/complain to?

    This is not a disc version of an Arcade game, so I don't see how the game could refuse an install option. Even games like GTA V & Halo 3 where installation isn't recommended, you can still do so if you choose to. The game is split across two discs like ME2 or The Witcher 2, but those you could install. The game even shares the same achievement list as the original (no stacking), so I don't know what could possibly prevent me from installing this game. Also, the WiiU version can be installed and there is a PSN version of the DC, so why can't the 360 version be downloaded?
  • I darklost II darklost I110,399
    Posted on 24 October 13 at 09:54
    Yeahh, great releases this week.
    >> Tampa Bay Buccaneers <<
  • GANGERBALLSGANGERBALLS418,660
    Posted on 26 October 13 at 11:06
    Has ravens cry been released or has it been held back.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.