Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance DLC Now Free

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 November 13 at 16:12
    I only recently played this game and that was against what I had had heard about the game. It is very good game and was considering purchasing the DLC.(SO GLAD I DIDN'T clap Big thanks to Mr Pilkinton for posting this.
  • MAH BOI 420MAH BOI 420584,373
    Posted on 10 November 13 at 09:28
    It's great to see the DLC free, but you should really make it clear that it's a physical copy in America or wherever as opposed to GoD that's $30, as it's still $70(!) on the Australian marketplace and you got me excited, not to mention it's unlikely stores over here would discount it this suddenly like this.
  • Humanguy1Humanguy1543,733
    Posted on 10 November 13 at 16:28
    This post contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
  • Posted on 11 November 13 at 03:40
    Piston Toyota said:
    TVthePunisher said:
    ^He's right, basically get an account you don't use...add the required amount of funds for the transaction and then region switch it to UK/whatever. That's how I bought the VR-Missions. The DLC will work for your main tag as long as it's licensed to the main console.
    Does that trick still work? Ever since the switch away from Microsoft Points I thought funds in your account didn't carry over if you changed regions. Last I heard, the easiest way to get the VR-DLC was to make a UK account and then buy a UK Microsoft cash card off eBay or something.
    Come to think of it, you SHOULD be able to simply add your credit card to a UK account and buy from there. I completely forgot that's what I did with my Japanese games (Dead Rising 2 Case Zero and Case West), it let me add a Mastercard to purchase the games. Now you shouldn't need a VPN or anything to complete the purchase, as it's only the UK...so if you have a card handy, add it to a UK account and see if you can purchase the DLC.
    dat Jill Valentine >=D
  • Zoso08Zoso08978,102
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 07:06
    I want to buy the VR Missions but didn't they recently ban people for legitimately buying items from other marketplace regions?
    Would like to region transfer one of my dummy accounts to the UK to get this.
  • Posted on 12 November 13 at 09:49
    What, Marketplace items for free for no reason, again ? ... ITS A TRAP !!

But seriously, they really need to clarify if its ok to buy out of region DLC for our games, ESPECIALLY in cases like this, where you could legitimately own the game in your region and want all the DLC. 'Buying' this, even without the game, i mean, why not ?
    Your financial solution
  • Posted on 19 November 13 at 00:19, Edited on 19 November 13 at 00:23 by TVthePunisher
    triplewitching said:
    What, Marketplace items for free for no reason, again ? ... ITS A TRAP !!

But seriously, they really need to clarify if its ok to buy out of region DLC for our games, ESPECIALLY in cases like this, where you could legitimately own the game in your region and want all the DLC. 'Buying' this, even without the game, i mean, why not ?
    Zoso08 said:
    I want to buy the VR Missions but didn't they recently ban people for legitimately buying items from other marketplace regions?
    Would like to region transfer one of my dummy accounts to the UK to get this.
    What they were banning people for was obtaining DLC and digital games for FREE from countries that didn't even support Xbox Live Marketplace. Basically people were exploiting a bug in Xbox Live that allowed you to "access" the Marketplace and these games were showing up free there. This is why so many games WEREN'T available on the Marketplace using say a Bosnian or Morocco account.

Basically, to visualize it...imagine the Xbox Live Marketplace as a large building with a main entrance and that's it. You can enter this entrance validly through marketplaces in the US, UK, Germany, Japan...etc. They then offer things for prices at face value, some of which are free naturally through promotion or just in general. Now...imagine that you show up to the property from behind the building with a device that creates a door into the marketplace that shouldn't be there in the first place. Now you're entering from behind and while most products you can't interact with, there are a few that you can access which show up as free including retail games like Injustice: Gods Among Us. You grab these, but the security cameras are watching...and as you stroll your way out you're eventually caught then banned from ever returning with your Xbox (we'll imagine it's an ID badge with a barcade).

To make it simpler...people were obtaining games by "fraudulent means" and Microsoft banned their Xboxes and for a very select few...their Xbox Live Gamertags. Me personally? I lost my Slim to this but a friend of mine lost both his gamertag (250K+ gamerscore) and console...along with all the purchases he ever made with that account. The weird thing is that people have been doing this for years, since 06 probably...but it was such a massive explosion of people picking up games this way that Microsoft finally decided to act. Games have gone free before on different marketplaces (Assassin's Creed III on China I believe...Dungeons/Dragons Daggerdale for Taiwan...) and nobody got in trouble until everyone piled in on the exploit and Microsoft had to do damage control.

Anyways, that story aside...there is no reason that anyone should be banned for using their money to buy something off another country's marketplace that legitimately HAS a marketplace. And remember, you're PAYING for it. I've obtained the VR Missions, Castlevania: SOTN (Japanese version) and the Japanese versions of Dead Rising 2: Case Zero/Case West this way along with a few other titles in the past. There's nothing in the TOS that forbids this activity, it's just what was done to obtain those free games a few months back (in what I refer to as the "Region Fiasco") that caused Microsoft to update their TOS for such exploits.
    dat Jill Valentine >=D
  • Big Joe 410Big Joe 410183,312
    Posted on 17 December 13 at 21:49
    You can get the vr expiation if you make a dummy UK account and put some money on it
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads