Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Madden 13 Ultimate Team Screens and Trailer

• Posted on 09 July 12 at 21:36Permalink
    New legends, new challenges, and more

EA first added the Ultimate Team game mode to FIFA back in 2008, and since then the mode has found its way to all other major sports franchise under the EA Sports umbrella. Madden's Ultimate Team makes a lot of sense for football fans because it combines the depth of the most popular fantasy sport with the addicting "catch-em-all" attitude of trading cards. This year's Ultimate Team mode is getting a few upgrades, and you can see them for yourself in the new screens and trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl3QkRQ5L5s

https://www.trueachievements.com/customimages/008482.jpg
    https://www.trueachievements.com/customimages/008481.jpg
    https://www.trueachievements.com/customimages/008480.jpg
    https://www.trueachievements.com/customimages/008483.jpg

What do you think of the MUT game mode? Is it something you're interested in or is it just a distraction on the achievement list? Madden NFL 13 debuts on August 28th.
  • PackGBPackGB45,335
    Posted on 09 July 12 at 21:49Permalink
    I play a lot of FUT because I love football (soccer) but as much as I like American Football it is sadly just a distraction.
  • Flyboy80498Flyboy80498436,135
    Posted on 09 July 12 at 22:04Permalink
    I LOVE the MUT mode in Madden. It takes that team loyalty that I have for my team (Green Bay Packers) and marries it to the Fantasy Football concept so damn well.
    "Aim High ... Fly-Fight-Win"
  • S P 4 C E YS P 4 C E Y277,195
    Posted on 09 July 12 at 22:05Permalink
    I've never played the Madden series but I really want to know if this looks significantly different than the previous Ultimate Team series?

Does it offer anything revolutionary or is it just another reboot with a different number?

I ask because Ultimate Team is the only reason I play FIFA and I was hoping (SO GODDAM MUCH) that they give it a much needed overhaul.
  • Posted on 09 July 12 at 22:09Permalink
    I'm crossing my fingers and hoping they have learned UT lessons from FIFA...
  • HurballHurball436,568
    Posted on 09 July 12 at 22:46Permalink
    I'd like these UT modes a lot more if:

1) There weren't stupid achievements linked to them (especially the one for getting a rare player in a pack)
    2) You couldn't use MSP to buy backs.

Option 2 is only there for EA to rinse some more money out of us anyway.
  • Posted on 09 July 12 at 22:51Permalink
    As a massive fan of Madden, NFL, and as someone who completes the achievement list every year for a Madden game, I must say I don't like MUT mode.
  • xThe SpartanxThe Spartan220,122
    Posted on 09 July 12 at 23:02Permalink
    I'm hoping this turns out really well.
    xThe Spartan
  • CAPNSKINNERCAPNSKINNER209,377
    Posted on 09 July 12 at 23:30Permalink
    Great idea, but the cost of buying more packs of cards and having the players contracts run out is annoying.
  • Posted on 10 July 12 at 02:23Permalink
    I`m out, just like watching that game !!!
  • Posted on 10 July 12 at 03:36Permalink
    Hopefully 13 will have a program like 12 did, and gives you some coins if you've made a team in the past.

I don't mind the MUT achievements too much though, and it's always a fun thing.
    How much for the whole kitten kaboodle?
  • PebsterPebster265,411
    Posted on 10 July 12 at 03:40Permalink
    The achievements for MUT, last year, was easy play 5, 10 and 20 games. Then field a team 80 overall which I had by game 15. Don't know why people are complaining about it. MUT was awesome and I'm glad they uped the reserves, it was getting messy later on once I started getting a lot of games in.
  • Gunstar RedGunstar Red1,186,476
    Posted on 10 July 12 at 03:45Permalink
    I don't like how quickly contracts expire on MUT. It's really too much shuffling and distraction from what might otherwise be a decent mode. When everyone's contracts are up at the same time, it's a huge hassle.

If they make it to where you can only buy cards with MSP instead of in-game coins, then it would truly suck.
  • sdemon999sdemon99965,916
    Posted on 10 July 12 at 04:08Permalink
    I'm stoked, 1000 card limit and you can actually buy legendary packs without using MSP this year. Looks like they overhauled it a lot.
  • Posted on 10 July 12 at 05:13Permalink
    can we get that commitment brought to the HUT team i.e. NHL 11 anyone?
  • Posted on 10 July 12 at 11:04Permalink
    Mut is what it sounds like ..... A dirty stinky dog thrown into a dog show.

Here is what sucked about last years mutt.....

I had to buy packs with MSP for the achieve.
    Cards will be "used" up and you lose them, unless you get contract extend cards which is impossible to get legit for all your cards.

Go away mutt!

Someone put this money hungry mutt down please.
    2 jobs, 10 hour days, 6 days a week and I still destroy games.
  • HurballHurball436,568
    Posted on 10 July 12 at 12:39, Edited on 10 July 12 at 12:40 by HurballPermalink
    CounterInsurgnt said:
    Mut is what it sounds like ..... A dirty stinky dog thrown into a dog show.

Here is what sucked about last years mutt.....

I had to buy packs with MSP for the achieve.
    Cards will be "used" up and you lose them, unless you get contract extend cards which is impossible to get legit for all your cards.

Go away mutt!

Someone put this money hungry mutt down please.
    You never had the pleasure of the FIFA 12 "get a team of the week player in a pack" achievement. This was ENTIRELY luck based, and with each pack costing a fortune in coins and 95% of the time giving you nothing worthwhile (if not even less!) it was a case of EA saying "spend MSP on this achievement, please!"

FIFA 12Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in FIFA 12 worth 37 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Were it not for EA's terrible programming this achievement would be a ~15/100,000 chance, but a few glitches mean it's a load easier to get.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 July 12 at 13:43Permalink
    mut was horrible last year. spent tons of ms points to complete the game. where is the cheevo list??
  • Posted on 10 July 12 at 17:25Permalink
    may or may not buy. mut was horrible and online is usually shut down within a year or two.
  • Srl KlrSrl Klr402,681
    Posted on 11 July 12 at 17:50Permalink
    I hate UT so very much. If they are going to have cards in the game why can't they do it the way they used to where you just collect them with points you get from playing any mode in the game. Also you shouldn't ever have to pay to get achievements as is usually the case in this, NHL and FIfa UT's. Last beef of post stop having packs we can only buy with money that contain the best players.
    May 26, 2012 account hacked 3020 MS points spent in Fifa 12
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.