Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBL Content Roundup: October 22nd, 2013

• NirumanoNirumano359,982
    Posted on 23 October 13 at 12:46, Edited on 23 October 13 at 12:47 by Nirumano
    That disc import pack for Rocksmith 2014, does it mean you can buy the songs from the first game if you don't have it, or that you have to both have the old game AND pay to import it? Cos if it's the latter, I don't really see the point.
  • ArcdeladArcdelad249,633
    Posted on 23 October 13 at 13:15
    DigitalDemigod said:
    Think I'll wait for a review of Enter the Dominatrix. And I'm done with season passes. Burned too many times.
    It's pretty short and not that sweet. 5 missions, all of which are short, and the humor isn't quite as good as the main game. The achievements are easy though, and you can do it in one sitting....it's also a "bargain" DLC at only $6.99.
    Arcdelad
  • SandMan NL1SandMan NL1689,195
    Posted on 23 October 13 at 13:24
    Chris8875 said:
    GTA5 Games on Demand $109 in Australia.

You are kidding me.
    Yup, it's ridiculous!

Also in Europe: 69,99 euro = $95,70 :(

Can someone explain me this price difference for a digital download?
  • Hirsute DaveHirsute Dave269,539
    Posted on 23 October 13 at 13:43
    Goggs25 said:
    Chris8875 said:

You are kidding me.
    that is a lot of money for a game that still has problems online & in story mode.

A good example why download games will never replace buying physical copies until the game developer stops over changing for there download games on games on demand. They complain about loosing money because of the second hand market in games & yet there happy stealing money from us gamers by over charging for there games when they already save money by not making the game cases, disc's manual's & covers.
    It's not the developers - or even the publishers - fault, it's all down to the retailers in this case. They don't want to lose market share so they force the publishers to keep digital prices comparatively high.

Glad I bought my copy for $78 :)
  • Posted on 23 October 13 at 13:46
    Why in God's name should I pay $9.99 for Full Burst, I pre-ordered the game when it was relevant and all they added was 1 useless character that no one wanted and 100 pointless missions...
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 October 13 at 14:16
    Does the Aussie version of GTA V come with the services of a hooker and a case of scotch? One would hope so for that price...
    There are all kinds of stupid people that annoy me but what annoys me most is a lazy argument/Hitch
  • CoMaestroCoMaestro126,216
    Posted on 23 October 13 at 15:23, Edited on 23 October 13 at 15:25 by CoMaestro
    I think we shouldn't compare prices, since currency is just a little weird thing, since people make the amount of money they need to, and prices adjust to the amount people make.

Explanation:
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

Of course it's unfair since i could just get an american account and buy a game cheaper, but compared to each other we lose the same percentage of what we make. (However i only know what the difference is between Europa and America, i have no idea why the hell Australia has to pay like double the price)

PS: Saints Row IV is in the list 2 times (the DLC and the compatibility pack), i'm guessing they should be together
  • OneChicago51OneChicago51880,374
    Posted on 23 October 13 at 15:36
    Won't be buying the Saints row 4 DLC My copy is from UK and I am in Australia so the DLC won't work just like the online pass and free dlc that came with the game didn't work.
  • Posted on 23 October 13 at 16:06
    strange that it says wheres my mind and freebird are not available, I imported and they were. Not sure about the others listed but I was looking at those and even tried where's my mind.

CoMaestro said:
    I think we shouldn't compare prices, since currency is just a little weird thing, since people make the amount of money they need to, and prices adjust to the amount people make.

Explanation:
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

Of course it's unfair since i could just get an american account and buy a game cheaper, but compared to each other we lose the same percentage of what we make. (However i only know what the difference is between Europa and America, i have no idea why the hell Australia has to pay like double the price)

PS: Saints Row IV is in the list 2 times (the DLC and the compatibility pack), i'm guessing they should be together
    You may want to read that console ban thread before you make an american account to buy a game cheaper.
  • o Berserkro Berserkr62,377
    Posted on 23 October 13 at 20:02
    Chris8875 said:

You are kidding me.
    Ugh, this old argument again. Do you know what inflation is? Do you know Australia's minimum wage as opposed to the general US?

Please, guys. Please stop.
  • punkyliarpunkyliar240,327
    Posted on 23 October 13 at 20:31
    CoMaestro said:
    No. The compatibility pack doesn't have achievements. Enter the Dominatrix does. With the new categorisation, I'm making the distinction clear. That will mean that occasionally a game gets listed twice with different DLC in each category.
  • EurydaceEurydace642,346
    Posted on 23 October 13 at 20:39
    ereiamjh said:
    Isn't the GoD version of GTA V likely to have the same problems that are caused by installing the play disc?
    The digital PS3 version is considerably worse than installing the 360's play disc. No doubt this is just as bad.
  • EurydaceEurydace642,346
    Posted on 23 October 13 at 20:44
    Chakaal Starr said:
    You may want to read that console ban thread before you make an american account to buy a game cheaper.
    You may want to read it as well. People were banned because they made new accounts to get things for free. People spending money, while technically against the ToS, are not going to be banned because they're still spending money and MS wants that. No doubt they'd take it as a sign that things should be reconsidered that people were willing to go through that hassle.
  • Karachi KingKarachi King1,902,971
    Posted on 23 October 13 at 21:48
    o Berserkr said:
    Chris8875 said:

You are kidding me.
    Ugh, this old argument again. Do you know what inflation is? Do you know Australia's minimum wage as opposed to the general US?

Please, guys. Please stop.
    I don't recall anyone comparing to US prices? It's ridiculous compared to retail prices here.

I bought GTAV for $79 a few days after release.
    Why would I wait a month to pay $109, and then have to spend the next 3 days downloading it over our sub-par internet?
  • CoMaestroCoMaestro126,216
    Posted on 23 October 13 at 22:58
    punkyliar said:
    No. The compatibility pack doesn't have achievements. Enter the Dominatrix does. With the new categorisation, I'm making the distinction clear. That will mean that occasionally a game gets listed twice with different DLC in each category.
    Ahh, didn't know that, sorry :P

Chakaal Starr said:
    I'm not saying i am gonna do that, just saying it makes a difference in which country you are.
  • Posted on 23 October 13 at 23:01
    Karachi King said:
    I don't recall anyone comparing to US prices? It's ridiculous compared to retail prices here.

I bought GTAV for $79 a few days after release.
    Why would I wait a month to pay $109, and then have to spend the next 3 days downloading it over our sub-par internet?
    ^^ This

Seriously, I thought the point of buying digital instead of physical copies of games was that it'd be cheaper because manufacturing costs would be much lower (i.e, no packaging), not the other way around...!!
  • I darklost II darklost I112,452
    Posted on 24 October 13 at 09:48
    Nothing for me now ..damm
    >> Tampa Bay Buccaneers <<
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic540,409
    Posted on 24 October 13 at 11:12
    Arcdelad said:
    DigitalDemigod said:
    Think I'll wait for a review of Enter the Dominatrix. And I'm done with season passes. Burned too many times.
    It's pretty short and not that sweet. 5 missions, all of which are short, and the humor isn't quite as good as the main game. The achievements are easy though, and you can do it in one sitting....it's also a "bargain" DLC at only $6.99.
    It's $10 for the Season Pass for both story mode DLCs. Plus, you get the Rectifier weapon. Honestly, $10 for both is a pretty good deal IMO.
  • Posted on 24 October 13 at 20:07, Edited on 24 October 13 at 20:09 by Chakaal Starr
    Snowed said:
    Chakaal Starr said:
    You may want to read it as well. People were banned because they made new accounts to get things for free. People spending money, while technically against the ToS, are not going to be banned because they're still spending money and MS wants that. No doubt they'd take it as a sign that things should be reconsidered that people were willing to go through that hassle.
    You are making an account in another country to get a cheaper price than your market is the case for both. The cheaper price in the console ban thread happened to be free, but either way you are attempting to fraud by claiming you are in a different country to save a few bucks. It is different if it was not available in the persons home region.
  • Pixie NinjaPixie Ninja2,386,864
    Posted on 25 October 13 at 15:20, Edited on 25 October 13 at 15:26 by Pixie Ninja
    Nice round up guys!

As for games launching on GoD for those kind of prices in UK/EU/AU? If Microsoft and Sony want digital distribution to be a success, then they really need to offer some sort of incentive for you getting the game from their service, not charge over the odds for something that can be purchased for a chunk cheaper elsewhere.

Sure, it's nice to be able to click a button and be able to play it once it eventually downloads, but I can also click a button and have a physical copy drop through my letterbox the next morning, and save myself £s in the process.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.