Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBL Content Roundup: October 22nd, 2013

• THEpaynexkillerTHEpaynexkiller1,114,381
    Posted on 25 October 13 at 18:31
    I only play Guitar Hero/Rock Band. is it worth buying Rocksmith? Those Queens and Crooked Vulture songs... <3
    The new and improved.
  • Iceman2pnt0Iceman2pnt0350,520
    Posted on 25 October 13 at 21:24
    Chakaal Starr said:
    strange that it says wheres my mind and freebird are not available, I imported and they were. Not sure about the others listed but I was looking at those and even tried where's my mind.
    Thanks for the info. If you could check the other songs listed sometime that would be appreciated.

Nirumano said:
    That disc import pack for Rocksmith 2014, does it mean you can buy the songs from the first game if you don't have it, or that you have to both have the old game AND pay to import it? Cos if it's the latter, I don't really see the point.
    If Rock Band is any indication, its the latter. If I had to guess I'd say when you buy the game you buy the license to play those songs on that game disc indefinitely, but when a new game comes out, you have to pay for those licenses again (to play them on the new game). It all seems redundant and a little money grubbing honestly, but it all comes down to the record execs calling the shots. Also there's likely fine print on some song licenses that stipulate they can only be played on a certain game, which is why some songs can't even be imported, though Harmonix was able to re-license some songs like that and put them up for DLC (though in cases like this you basically end up buying the song twice just so you can play it on the new game). DLC songs however, seem to play by different rules. DLC can be downloaded and played through multiple games without having to spend money to "re-license." Yep its a little confusing.
    If you want real change vote with your wallet.
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic540,404
    Posted on 25 October 13 at 23:17
    THEpaynexkiller said:
    I only play Guitar Hero/Rock Band. is it worth buying Rocksmith? Those Queens and Crooked Vulture songs... <3
    From what I understand, Rocksmith is more about teaching you how to actually play a guitar rather than pressing buttons. Could be wrong as I've not played it, but that's what it looks like to me.
  • Posted on 25 October 13 at 23:18
    When you start up the first time, it just prompted to ask me if you want to import them. I don't know if it checked uplay or my drive that I had played old rocksmith. I didn't have to put any codes from the manual like you do for Rockband and Guitar Hero to prove you owned the old one.
  • Posted on 25 October 13 at 23:21
    Rhyolitic said:
    THEpaynexkiller said:
    From what I understand, Rocksmith is more about teaching you how to actually play a guitar rather than pressing buttons. Could be wrong as I've not played it, but that's what it looks like to me.
    Yes, no buttons at all. You have to have a real guitar or bass and be willing to learn. I find I am learning stuff from it though, so it is new player friendly.
  • redsalesredsales769,626
    Posted on 27 October 13 at 07:16
    Wouldn't migrating your main account's country allow a TOS-friendly way to take advantage of the price discrepancies? Or doesn't it work that way?

And I nearly fell off my chair when I saw "inflation" used to explain why a digital copy costs more than a retail copy. This site has a lot of comedic value.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.