Game Discussion: Lost Planet 2 Forum

Random glitch maxes co-op rank

AuthorMessage
Chadly1179
Chadly1179
Posted on 11 August 13 at 19:42
Just a heads-up here, because I was recently reported for some bad achievement timestamps because of this....

While playing 4-player co-op with some friends, twice I encountered an end-of-chapter glitch that resulted in me being awarded over 2 billion points for that round, which of course maxed out my level for that faction and gave me all 4 achievements. I don't know what caused it, but it happened to me twice and to another one of my co-op partners twice. Two of our group were completely unaffected. Each time was on a different chapter, and it was on our first times through those chapters. We didn't do anything out of the ordinary, just played the level.

It was strange enough that I took a pic of it: http://www.psychotix.com/share/LP2_glitch.jpg

Has anything like this happened to anyone else? We were all playing the GoD version if that matters - picked it up because it was a $5 sale a few weeks ago.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 11 August 13 at 19:49, Edited on 11 August 13 at 19:53 by
Do you know precisely what you did at the end of the chapter?

It's rather unusual for something to reach the 32bit max integer (or rather close to it as seen in the pic) without it being deliberately done.
Hi i'm Terre. I break things.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 11 August 13 at 21:28
No joke, I actually saw a random get that glitch during a co-op game I joined. It was just him and I was jealous it didn't happen for me. Nothing else weird happened and the achievement unlocked for him. He wasn't using any mods either so it wasn't that.
Chadly1179
Chadly1179
Posted on 12 August 13 at 22:22
No idea what happened, but we didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Probably a few deaths, maybe a chapter restart due to failure. Someone may have disconnected and rejoined, it happened a few times while playing but it wasn't frequent. It seemed like everyone elses score popped up quickly, then mine showed up a second later (probably took an extra second to calculate - I'm guessing a multiplier or bonus got stuck in an infinite loop and eventually error'd out).

I can definitely say there were no external factors - mods, save edits, etc - influencing it. I personally know the other players and none of us are into that scene.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 21 September 13 at 21:25
Thanks for the head up, may e ill get lucky...
Momiji
Momiji
Posted on 12 March 14 at 20:49
Saw this happen yesterday to a guy, granted his xp was "only" 1XXXXXXXXX

Chapter was 6-1 he was player 2, i joined mid way through the chapter.
He shot up from like rank 30 to 99 the lucky bastard lol, trying to work out what the cause is but no such luck as of yet
http://www.youtube.com/user/ReazieTV
Green Espeon
Green Espeon
Posted on 12 March 14 at 22:01
I have seen this too. Extremely rare occurrence though.
Jay 5iver
Jay 5iver
Posted on 12 October 14 at 03:33
This happened to me twice while playing in 3 player co-op causing me to max out 2 factions. I recall my numbers being 9's across the board. I don't remember if this happened on the same gaming session or in two separate sessions. As was already stated I did nothing special for this to happen it seemed random.
It is what it is.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 19 October 14 at 11:51
Jay 5iver said:This happened to me twice while playing in 3 player co-op causing me to max out 2 factions. I recall my numbers being 9's across the board. I don't remember if this happened on the same gaming session or in two separate sessions. As was already stated I did nothing special for this to happen it seemed random.Were you the host? I've never seen it happen to the host; though, personally I've seen it happen to a player in second.
Your reality is arbitrary.
Jay 5iver
Jay 5iver
Posted on 23 October 14 at 23:52
ChronosKaos said:Jay 5iver said:This happened to me twice while playing in 3 player co-op causing me to max out 2 factions. I recall my numbers being 9's across the board. I don't remember if this happened on the same gaming session or in two separate sessions. As was already stated I did nothing special for this to happen it seemed random.Were you the host? I've never seen it happen to the host; though, personally I've seen it happen to a player in second.It has been over a year since it happened so I don't specifically recall, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't the host. I did three playthroughs with the same three guys and it only happened twice, both times to me (lucky for me) and after checking my achievements it definitely happened in two different sessions.
It is what it is.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.