Game Info Submission Archive: DmC: Devil May Cry Forum

Archive for the Game Info Submission board

DmC: Devil May Cry - Achievement Flag submissions

Related game: DmC: Devil May Cry

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 13 January 13 at 21:40
Starlight126 has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for DmC: Devil May Cry:

You can view the flags they submitted here: Flag submission by Starlight126 for DmC: Devil May Cry
DEVILS UMBRA
Posted on 17 January 13 at 03:10
Thank you for your submission, before we added the flags we had a question. Why are these achievements marked cumulative? Are they experience based?

DmC: Devil May CryYou can't handle itThe You can't handle it achievement in DmC: Devil May Cry worth 27 pointsUpgrade Dante's Devil Trigger to maximum

DmC: Devil May CryPower... Give me more power!The Power... Give me more power! achievement in DmC: Devil May Cry worth 58 pointsPurchase all of Dante's combat upgrades
DEVILS UMBRA

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 17 January 13 at 09:12
You need to accumulate (and spend) "Red Orbs", the currency of the game, to buy the items that upgrade health. You also need to complete Secret Missions to receive more of these items. I know they were flagged as such in Devil May Cry 4 (achievements "Modus Vivendi", for instance) for the same kind of requirement, so I followed that game's flags for reference and added the Cumulative flag to these.
DEVILS UMBRA
Posted on 18 January 13 at 23:11
We have added the flags with a few changes. Thank you for your input, however, in the future please remember that we do not accept flag submissions from people who have not played the game.

Once again, thank you for your time.
DEVILS UMBRA

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 19 January 13 at 07:17, Edited on 19 January 13 at 07:18 by
I'll pretend I haven't read the "people who have not played the game" part.

Cheers.
Epsilon Theta
Epsilon Theta
Posted on 19 January 13 at 15:07
Would you care to elaborate? It is a standing policy that we will not consider flag submissions from people who haven't played the game!

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 19 January 13 at 15:41, Edited on 19 January 13 at 15:44 by
Me and my gamertag are not the same thing. I've played and finished the game, so I thought it was a bit naive to assume that I would bother to submit flags for something I didn't play.

Shouldn't players that don't have the game not be able to access the flag submission, if that's the policy? There is already a "server" block for not submitting solutions and reviews if you don't have achievements in a game, you might as well ask Mr. TA to add another block for this too if you think that people like to troll you submitting flags without having played the game.

OT: about your question in the DBZ HD Collection thread, the answer was "I don't understand some of the flags, so I'll leave them up to someone who does".
Epsilon Theta
Epsilon Theta
Posted on 20 January 13 at 10:46
You would be surprised how many people submit flags on a hunch! Unfortunately, due to the lack of chips in your person (we are working on it) we cannot draw any conclusions beyond your gamertag. Submissions are more liberal than reviews and solutions. We actively filter submissions while the reviews and solutions are only passively monitored. Moreover, we do not want to prevent any submissions.

Sometimes this causes situations as we have now. We do apologise for the inconvenience but we think you understand our reason. Stating that you had played the game on an alternate tag, maybe even providing the tag, would have prevented any confusion! wink

We hope the flags are good as is?
Information Posted on 06 March 13 at 13:37
SPEEDY85 PL has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Vergil's Downfall for DmC: Devil May Cry:

You can view the flags they submitted here: Flag submission by SPEEDY85 PL for DmC: Devil May Cry
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 06 March 13 at 14:46
Hey Speedy, thanks for the submission. Quick question, which of these achievements are guaranteed to unlock during the course of the DLC? If the DLC is its own contained story, we do flag it as Main Storyline for the DLC.
Gamers have only two hobbies: playing games, and complaining about those games.
SPEEDY85 PL
SPEEDY85 PL
Posted on 08 March 13 at 10:25
Achievements which are guaranteed to unlock during the course of the DLC are below

We have an uninvited guest, You don't belong here, Our souls are at odds brother
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 10 March 13 at 00:24
Thanks, we've flagged the DLC with some changes, mostly removing cumulative (as the challenges are exhaustive), and the collectible flag on Vergil's upgrades.
Gamers have only two hobbies: playing games, and complaining about those games.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.