Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Wordament Gets Another Update

• punkyliarpunkyliar191,390
  • Posted on 06 March 13 at 23:02Permalink
    Grammar Nazi gets a free t-shirt? What is the world coming to?
    @ei8htyei8ht http://ei8htyei8ht.com
  • BROOKER 513BROOKER 513405,292
    Posted on 06 March 13 at 23:06Permalink
    still havent played this since the first week of release
  • Posted on 06 March 13 at 23:08Permalink
    Finally, I can stop missing all the prefixes by one. I never even though to look for words like "mist." Now if only they'd get rid of the ridiculous number of points you need before the leaderboard achievement will unlock. Annoying to get in the top 200 and still need like 60k points.

Btw, is it just me, or is a Wordament t-shirt pretty much an invitation for awkward people to feel you up?
  • Posted on 06 March 13 at 23:16Permalink
    Free T Shirts! I better keep my dictionary by the Xbox!
    100% Red Dead Redemption 100% L.A Noire
  • Posted on 06 March 13 at 23:39Permalink
    ei8hty 88 ei8ht said:
    Hahaha I was thinking of posting the exact same thing but then saw you did it. What an absolute OCD move by that guy
  • Posted on 06 March 13 at 23:49, Edited on 06 March 13 at 23:50 by HumbledManiakPermalink
    A t-shirt for fixing wording errors? Time to dust off some games and email developers on their use of incorrect subtitles.
  • elKazaamelKazaam115,927
    Posted on 07 March 13 at 00:05Permalink
    i´m over with it. but it was fun.
  • HanxHanx735,217
    Posted on 07 March 13 at 00:17Permalink
    ei8hty 88 ei8ht said:
    The game is about the English language and it is supposed to educate people about English. If something was wrong or incorrect about it then it needs to be corrected. With that mindset everyone would just learn it all wrong because of someone being a Grammar Nazi.
    So you know your and you're but do you know its and it's? http://garyes.stormloader.com/its.html EDU
  • ExuExu397,164
    Posted on 07 March 13 at 00:29Permalink
    When exactly did pointing out language errors make someone a bit like Hitler?

Hitler didn't point out spelling mistakes and grammatical inconsistencies, he killed people.

Lots of people.
  • icytower38icytower38217,541
    Posted on 07 March 13 at 00:39Permalink
    New achievements or I walk... there I said it :)

Always going back to the game, I suck but man is it fun.
  • oMikeoMike454,952
    Posted on 07 March 13 at 00:39Permalink
    It's still a bastard game to complete!
    Add me on Xbox live if you want.
  • Posted on 07 March 13 at 00:45Permalink
    played it once, no achievement popped for me :s
  • Posted on 07 March 13 at 00:56Permalink
    Nice to see them support this game so much. It's nice when people actually support games they release. Yeah FU 2K and your MLB 2K13 shit!
  • Posted on 07 March 13 at 00:59, Edited on 07 March 13 at 01:02 by ScreenSingerXPermalink
    Cobryza said:
    ei8hty 88 ei8ht said:
    The game is about the English language and it is supposed to educate people about English. If something was wrong or incorrect about it then it needs to be corrected. With that mindset everyone would just learn it all wrong because of someone being a Grammar Nazi.
    You're mostly right, however look at their manner of fixing it. Not really as educational as taking the time to update their word database so it actually understands what a prefix is. Before they weren't "learning it all wrong," but this change doesn't have them learning it wholly right, either.

But yeah, I don't know if he should get bashed cause he got a t-shirt he didn't ask for just cause he was a "Nazi." If he'd sent a letter on English grammar to the makers of a KRPG, it might be a different story.

Exu said:
    When exactly did pointing out language errors make someone a bit like Hitler?

Hitler didn't point out spelling mistakes and grammatical inconsistencies, he killed people.

Lots of people.
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a super pedantic history buff to come in and post a list of every spelling mistake he corrected in his entire life.
  • pyr0lyZerpyr0lyZer301,570
    Posted on 07 March 13 at 01:34Permalink
    ei8hty 88 ei8ht said:
    my thoughts exactly
    You can't have everything...where would you put it?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 March 13 at 02:02, Edited on 07 March 13 at 02:02 by Permalink
    ei8hty 88 ei8ht said:
    You sir, are the awesomest person alive for saying that. Grammar Nazis are the scum of the Earth. In fact that term is insulting to Nazis. They should be called Grammar Douches. Rewarding them only encourages them to be even bigger douches.angrywarning
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude703,912
    Posted on 07 March 13 at 03:01Permalink
    I need to do the windows 8 version soon
  • KanjiKokaKanjiKoka266,457
    Posted on 07 March 13 at 03:02Permalink
    TVX Python said:
    It's still a bastard game to complete!
    All are easy except one achievement.
    Job & A Social Life, achievements most gamers refuse to earn...therefore, their ratios are high.
  • Duke092Duke092184,498
    Posted on 07 March 13 at 03:20Permalink
    It was extremely easy on the iOS
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.