Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Wordament Gets Another Update

  • takuto nekotakuto neko179,880
    Posted on 07 March 13 at 03:52Permalink
    oh yay a t-shirt...ahahahaha
  • Posted on 07 March 13 at 05:50Permalink
    takuto neko said:
    oh yay a t-shirt...ahahahaha
    It sounds funny, but look how pissed people are getting lol. And about a guy who wasn't even being a "grammar Nazi" in the traditional sense, he was just pointing out a glitch in a game. When I think of that term, I don't think of any random educated person so much as some troll who asserts he's one an entire argument because of one errant typo.

    (Btw, there's a typo above. Did you find it? THEN YOU'RE A NAZI!!!)
  • Posted on 07 March 13 at 06:29Permalink
    What I'm taking from the posts in this thread is that the next time I see a sign in a restaurant with horrible spelling or grammar, or see a website with obvious and self-defeating mistakes in it, the correct response is not to helpfully and politely point out the errors so that the owners can improve their PR and stop appearing ignorant; it's to stay silent so that I don't incur the wrath of the lazy and/or uneducated.

    Phew. Lucky I popped in.
  • Posted on 07 March 13 at 09:20Permalink
    ei8hty 88 ei8ht said:
    Grammar Nazi gets a free t-shirt? What is the world coming to?
    Semantics Nazi actually. This has nothing to do with grammar.

    You call call me Pedantic Nazi if you like.
    Digital Artist, Suburban London. Guitar and sword collector, veteran gamer.
  • Posted on 07 March 13 at 09:30, Edited on 07 March 13 at 09:39 by Crimson RidleyPermalink
    MotoX Champ88 said:
    ei8hty 88 ei8ht said:
    Grammar Nazi gets a free t-shirt? What is the world coming to?
    You sir, are the awesomest person alive for saying that. Grammar Nazis are the scum of the Earth. In fact that term is insulting to Nazis. They should be called Grammar Douches. Rewarding them only encourages them to be even bigger douches.angrywarning
    Awesomest? Are you 5 fucking years old?

    I don't think you can call this guy a douche, because he wasn't being a grammar nazi. However, I think you are all complete dumb asses because you're so jealous of what somebody else has done, and you think that you can't get through life without having to band together to sling your hate around.

    It's always funny when someone with some level of intelligence gets stamped on by the uneducated. Before you sit there and spread your hate for a person you have never even met, for doing something so small, take a look at yourselves. Do you see something so vile, so pitifully uninteresting, seeping pessimism from every disgusting orifice that you can't possibly stand to stare a moment longer, as you believe your eyes may literally burst?

    This isn't just about this one article. This is the result of a gigantic collection of articles that I have read. You all feel the need to complain about the smallest things; from new game modes, to another game in the series. From developers interactions with gamers, to news being posted slightly late.

    I'm not sure what has happened to this world, where every person just spews negativity, and gamers are becoming a major contribution to it, but it's horrible.
  • Arron114Arron114849,821
    Posted on 07 March 13 at 10:10, Edited on 07 March 13 at 10:28 by Arron114Permalink
    'Whats the world coming to' when doing things the correct way is considered a negative?

    Embarrassing.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo253,683
    Posted on 07 March 13 at 12:23Permalink
    All done for me but happy to see devs support their game.
    'Live and die this day, once more into the fray'
  • Posted on 07 March 13 at 12:43, Edited on 07 March 13 at 12:44 by JyejitsuPermalink
    KanjiKoka said:
    TVX Python said:
    It's still a bastard game to complete!
    All are easy except one achievement.
    The Theme words achievement is a bitch imo. They added so many theme words in the past 2 months >_> the solution needs more people :O
    http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?mpid=44788 Read please :3
  • Posted on 07 March 13 at 12:50Permalink
    Jyejitsu said:
    KanjiKoka said:
    TVX Python said:
    It's still a bastard game to complete!
    All are easy except one achievement.
    The Theme words achievement is a bitch imo. They added so many theme words in the past 2 months >_> the solution needs more people :O
    Yeah. I haven't really tried it with one of those Boggle programs they link in the guides, but trying it on my own I'm always one away, and that one is always way less obscure than one of the ones I got. Frustrating.
  • Dr AffiocDr Affioc28,546
    Posted on 07 March 13 at 14:51Permalink
    what's the link for wordament web?
    One given here:
    Wordament (Web)
    doesn't work.
  • punkyliarpunkyliar192,966
    Posted on 07 March 13 at 15:08Permalink
    Dr Affioc said:
    what's the link for wordament web?
    One given here:
    Wordament (Web)
    doesn't work.
    It does for me?
  • Doctor ShawnDoctor Shawn174,051
  • BerserkDingoBerserkDingo224,232
  • DaeryoonDaeryoon414,095
    Posted on 07 March 13 at 17:50Permalink
    Glad to see support this after release, even though it is free. Good sign and free GS for everyone!
    I am what I am, and that's all that I am, an XBLA completion addict.
  • Posted on 07 March 13 at 18:19Permalink
    Callum x360a said:
    MotoX Champ88 said:
    ei8hty 88 ei8ht said:
    Grammar Nazi gets a free t-shirt? What is the world coming to?
    You sir, are the awesomest person alive for saying that. Grammar Nazis are the scum of the Earth. In fact that term is insulting to Nazis. They should be called Grammar Douches. Rewarding them only encourages them to be even bigger douches.angrywarning
    Awesomest? Are you 5 fucking years old?

    I don't think you can call this guy a douche, because he wasn't being a grammar nazi. However, I think you are all complete dumb asses because you're so jealous of what somebody else has done, and you think that you can't get through life without having to band together to sling your hate around.

    It's always funny when someone with some level of intelligence gets stamped on by the uneducated. Before you sit there and spread your hate for a person you have never even met, for doing something so small, take a look at yourselves. Do you see something so vile, so pitifully uninteresting, seeping pessimism from every disgusting orifice that you can't possibly stand to stare a moment longer, as you believe your eyes may literally burst?

    This isn't just about this one article. This is the result of a gigantic collection of articles that I have read. You all feel the need to complain about the smallest things; from new game modes, to another game in the series. From developers interactions with gamers, to news being posted slightly late.

    I'm not sure what has happened to this world, where every person just spews negativity, and gamers are becoming a major contribution to it, but it's horrible.
    You do realize that your argument loses credibility when you include hateful/insulting comments in it? I mean, you are trying to say that such behavior is wrong, aren't you?
    Hey, it's just my opinion. You know what they say about opinions ...
  • Posted on 07 March 13 at 18:21Permalink
    Dr Affioc said:
    what's the link for wordament web?
    One given here:
    Wordament (Web)
    doesn't work.
    You might be in a region that it is not available in. Try changing the xbox.com region to USA at the bottom of any page on their site.
    Hey, it's just my opinion. You know what they say about opinions ...
  • Posted on 07 March 13 at 19:09Permalink
    Such a time wasting game, thats why i like would like other games like this
  • Posted on 07 March 13 at 23:26Permalink
    HyruleBalverine said:
    Callum x360a said:
    MotoX Champ88 said:
    ei8hty 88 ei8ht said:
    Grammar Nazi gets a free t-shirt? What is the world coming to?
    You sir, are the awesomest person alive for saying that. Grammar Nazis are the scum of the Earth. In fact that term is insulting to Nazis. They should be called Grammar Douches. Rewarding them only encourages them to be even bigger douches.angrywarning
    Awesomest? Are you 5 fucking years old?

    I don't think you can call this guy a douche, because he wasn't being a grammar nazi. However, I think you are all complete dumb asses because you're so jealous of what somebody else has done, and you think that you can't get through life without having to band together to sling your hate around.

    It's always funny when someone with some level of intelligence gets stamped on by the uneducated. Before you sit there and spread your hate for a person you have never even met, for doing something so small, take a look at yourselves. Do you see something so vile, so pitifully uninteresting, seeping pessimism from every disgusting orifice that you can't possibly stand to stare a moment longer, as you believe your eyes may literally burst?

    This isn't just about this one article. This is the result of a gigantic collection of articles that I have read. You all feel the need to complain about the smallest things; from new game modes, to another game in the series. From developers interactions with gamers, to news being posted slightly late.

    I'm not sure what has happened to this world, where every person just spews negativity, and gamers are becoming a major contribution to it, but it's horrible.
    You do realize that your argument loses credibility when you include hateful/insulting comments in it? I mean, you are trying to say that such behavior is wrong, aren't you?
    To be fair, at least he didn't say knowing how to spell is an insult to murderers. This site gets really disgusting in the areas some users pick to be crass sometimes (there's a TMNT forum right now where someone posted about raping Megan Fox), and while getting TOO hateful ruins credibility, some people also really need to be taken a step down. That said, I think it does lose maybe even more credibility when someone uses phrases like "every person." Every person on here does not spew negativity, though of course everyone's been negative at one time or another. There are just some who are particularly abrasive about it to the point you get as mad as they probably want you to.

    It's a pet peeve. That, and whenever a single news story or youtube video from the UK or US prompts comments such as "well clearly this is the difference between our countries because WE would never do that." Doesn't matter who's saying it or why, it's BS. Two big countries, lotsa people. But apparently we live in a world where there are no portly Englishmen and no Americans have bad teeth.

    That's my rant. Now count the number of prefixes and suffixes used. If you're wrong, you'll win a consolation of the coziest train ride you've ever taken.
  • Posted on 08 March 13 at 00:34Permalink
    Hope to play that on my lumia !
  • Arron114Arron114849,821
    Posted on 08 March 13 at 13:29Permalink
    HyruleBalverine said:
    Callum x360a said:
    MotoX Champ88 said:
    ei8hty 88 ei8ht said:
    Grammar Nazi gets a free t-shirt? What is the world coming to?
    You sir, are the awesomest person alive for saying that. Grammar Nazis are the scum of the Earth. In fact that term is insulting to Nazis. They should be called Grammar Douches. Rewarding them only encourages them to be even bigger douches.angrywarning
    Awesomest? Are you 5 fucking years old?

    I don't think you can call this guy a douche, because he wasn't being a grammar nazi. However, I think you are all complete dumb asses because you're so jealous of what somebody else has done, and you think that you can't get through life without having to band together to sling your hate around.

    It's always funny when someone with some level of intelligence gets stamped on by the uneducated. Before you sit there and spread your hate for a person you have never even met, for doing something so small, take a look at yourselves. Do you see something so vile, so pitifully uninteresting, seeping pessimism from every disgusting orifice that you can't possibly stand to stare a moment longer, as you believe your eyes may literally burst?

    This isn't just about this one article. This is the result of a gigantic collection of articles that I have read. You all feel the need to complain about the smallest things; from new game modes, to another game in the series. From developers interactions with gamers, to news being posted slightly late.

    I'm not sure what has happened to this world, where every person just spews negativity, and gamers are becoming a major contribution to it, but it's horrible.
    You do realize that your argument loses credibility when you include hateful/insulting comments in it? I mean, you are trying to say that such behavior is wrong, aren't you?
    I could link you a thousand threads where this guy has debased a title with profanity. Just look for any resident evil 6 thread. Nonsense comment by a quasi-elitist.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.