Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

DLC Roundup: September 10th, 2013

  • punkyliarpunkyliar240,392
  • Sera Di SiahSera Di Siah1,277,734
    Posted on 10 September 13 at 17:55
    Bullshit, you can't call DoA 5 Ultimate an Ultimate version with another extra 70 bucks of DLC to get everything and stuff -__-
  • Sera Di SiahSera Di Siah1,277,734
    Posted on 10 September 13 at 17:57
    And even 2 bucks for ONE costume if you don't buy a bundle, just WTF!
  • DigiLuigiDigiLuigi436,842
    Posted on 10 September 13 at 18:04
    No Zombie Driver achievements? I was expecting otherwise.
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D2,055,259
    Posted on 10 September 13 at 18:17, Edited on 10 September 13 at 18:19 by Fire Hawk D
    Sera Di Siah said:
    And even 2 bucks for ONE costume if you don't buy a bundle, just WTF!
    I'll never understand this complaint. Why WOULDN'T they do this? It's like putting a piece of toast on eBay for $20. Is it ludicrous? Sure. But, they may be, just maybe, someone who will make you $20 richer. If there are people out there who will buy new characters, horse armor, weapon skins, costumes, avatar items, etc., why wouldn't they do it? It's in no way dishonest and since someone will buy it (and, let's face it, likely more than a single person), hey, no skin off their nose for a couple minutes work to make these things usually.

    They're just fulfilling demand.
  • Arron114Arron1141,271,245
    Posted on 10 September 13 at 18:27
    Fire Hawk D said:
    Sera Di Siah said:
    And even 2 bucks for ONE costume if you don't buy a bundle, just WTF!
    I'll never understand this complaint. Why WOULDN'T they do this? It's like putting a piece of toast on eBay for $20. Is it ludicrous? Sure. But, they may be, just maybe, someone who will make you $20 richer. If there are people out there who will buy new characters, horse armor, weapon skins, costumes, avatar items, etc., why wouldn't they do it? It's in no way dishonest and since someone will buy it (and, let's face it, likely more than a single person), hey, no skin off their nose for a couple minutes work to make these things usually.

    They're just fulfilling demand.
    You think its acceptable to bring out an "ultimate" version of the game with day one DLC? is that not an oxymoron?

    Though a questionable use of internet acronyms, I agree with him completely.
  • Sera Di SiahSera Di Siah1,277,734
    Posted on 10 September 13 at 18:36
    Arron114 said:
    Fire Hawk D said:
    Sera Di Siah said:
    And even 2 bucks for ONE costume if you don't buy a bundle, just WTF!
    I'll never understand this complaint. Why WOULDN'T they do this? It's like putting a piece of toast on eBay for $20. Is it ludicrous? Sure. But, they may be, just maybe, someone who will make you $20 richer. If there are people out there who will buy new characters, horse armor, weapon skins, costumes, avatar items, etc., why wouldn't they do it? It's in no way dishonest and since someone will buy it (and, let's face it, likely more than a single person), hey, no skin off their nose for a couple minutes work to make these things usually.

    They're just fulfilling demand.
    You think its acceptable to bring out an "ultimate" version of the game with day one DLC? is that not an oxymoron?

    Though a questionable use of internet acronyms, I agree with him completely.
    My point is that DoA 5 was a good game, then they release DoA5 Ultimate as an all time Ultimate version with everything in it. BUT it has 70 bucks of DLC, where's the sense in that?
  • ArenazombieArenazombie278,570
    Posted on 10 September 13 at 18:48
    Fire Hawk D said:
    Sera Di Siah said:
    And even 2 bucks for ONE costume if you don't buy a bundle, just WTF!
    I'll never understand this complaint. Why WOULDN'T they do this? It's like putting a piece of toast on eBay for $20. Is it ludicrous? Sure. But, they may be, just maybe, someone who will make you $20 richer. If there are people out there who will buy new characters, horse armor, weapon skins, costumes, avatar items, etc., why wouldn't they do it? It's in no way dishonest and since someone will buy it (and, let's face it, likely more than a single person), hey, no skin off their nose for a couple minutes work to make these things usually.

    They're just fulfilling demand.
    Price elasticity of demand, however I assume for a good such as fighting game costumes the PED is rather inelastic.
  • Th3 TaterTh3 Tater218,644
    Posted on 10 September 13 at 20:50
    Their boobs have lots of elasticity that's for sure, and plenty of almost costumes to bounce around in.

    sorry, couldn't resist much longer. dance
    Tater
  • Posted on 10 September 13 at 20:54
    Sera Di Siah said:
    And even 2 bucks for ONE costume if you don't buy a bundle, just WTF!
    What is your problem? On DOA5 you couldn't even buy single costumes most of the time, only bundles, which included many outfits i don't even want. Sure 2$ is expensive, but its OPTIONAL, a good thing if you only want 1 or a few outfits.
  • Sera Di SiahSera Di Siah1,277,734
    Posted on 10 September 13 at 21:48
    My problem is, for the 3rd time telling, that it's called an ULTIMATE version when it's clearly NOT, cause there is a TON of dlc. Alright? That's my problem. If it's really such an Ultimate version, just include all DLC and not already release way expensive DLC on the first day.
  • CONKER1182CONKER1182574,654
    Posted on 10 September 13 at 23:00
    Sera Di Siah said:
    My problem is, for the 3rd time telling, that it's called an ULTIMATE version when it's clearly NOT, cause there is a TON of dlc. Alright? That's my problem. If it's really such an Ultimate version, just include all DLC and not already release way expensive DLC on the first day.
    Agreed.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo298,996
    Posted on 10 September 13 at 23:10
    Sera Di Siah said:
    Arron114 said:
    Fire Hawk D said:
    Sera Di Siah said:
    And even 2 bucks for ONE costume if you don't buy a bundle, just WTF!
    I'll never understand this complaint. Why WOULDN'T they do this? It's like putting a piece of toast on eBay for $20. Is it ludicrous? Sure. But, they may be, just maybe, someone who will make you $20 richer. If there are people out there who will buy new characters, horse armor, weapon skins, costumes, avatar items, etc., why wouldn't they do it? It's in no way dishonest and since someone will buy it (and, let's face it, likely more than a single person), hey, no skin off their nose for a couple minutes work to make these things usually.

    They're just fulfilling demand.
    You think its acceptable to bring out an "ultimate" version of the game with day one DLC? is that not an oxymoron?

    Though a questionable use of internet acronyms, I agree with him completely.
    My point is that DoA 5 was a good game, then they release DoA5 Ultimate as an all time Ultimate version with everything in it. BUT it has 70 bucks of DLC, where's the sense in that?
    So what's bigger than Ultimate? Borderlands 2 has 'Ultimate Ultimate' and that still doesn't contain everything. I need a 'complete/GOTY edition'. But I agree, Ultimate gets put out too easily.

    As for the costumes, they wouldn't make them if nobody bought them, there must be enough horny boys out there with a few bucks to spare to make it worth their time.
    'We all make choices, but in the end those choices make us'
  • MaesenkoMaesenko326,018
    Posted on 11 September 13 at 07:41
    Sera Di Siah said:
    My problem is, for the 3rd time telling, that it's called an ULTIMATE version when it's clearly NOT, cause there is a TON of dlc. Alright? That's my problem. If it's really such an Ultimate version, just include all DLC and not already release way expensive DLC on the first day.
    MugenKairo said:
    So what's bigger than Ultimate? Borderlands 2 has 'Ultimate Ultimate' and that still doesn't contain everything. I need a 'complete/GOTY edition'. But I agree, Ultimate gets put out too easily.
    I find myself in complete agreement in both these sentiments. While "GOTY" has become almost synonymous with Complete, it isn't always the case, as Borderlands 2 will be proving. As for the "Ultimate" issue, I have rarely found a case where this title means Complete, even before including simple items like said extra costumes.

    The implications are slanting towards dishonest, if not outright false advertising. Yet when it comes to these editions, we still buy them, play them, and complain about them often without actually taking the time to complain to the right people.
  • poopaccinopoopaccino271,902
    Posted on 18 September 13 at 07:06
    This is the way it is now with dlc..the ultimate version has additional content that was not on the first version..you wanna talk about ripoffs? Left 4 Dead GOTY edition that only includes versus mode which has been free since day 1.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.