Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox One's First Wave Of Apps Announced

  • CampoCampo627,992
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 00:41Permalink
    Oh crap. No BBC iPlayer in the UK.
  • Posted on 11 November 13 at 00:45Permalink
    On the lack of Youtube, I blame Google (considering there's no Youtube app on the PS4 either, the decision is probably coming from Google). However, Microsoft has stated the version of Internet Explorer on the Xbox One will be able to play Youtube videos, so we can only hope that provides a similar experience as a dedicated app.
    Gamers have two hobbies: Playing games, and complaining about those games
  • Posted on 11 November 13 at 00:49Permalink
    Campotech said:
    Oh crap. No BBC iPlayer in the UK.
    just what I was thinking hopefully not to long a wait for it.
    good bye and good night
  • Posted on 11 November 13 at 00:51Permalink
    Well I'll use most of the apps, if not my family will.
  • ChardPTChardPT216,032
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 01:05Permalink
    xPut Name Herex said:
    On the lack of Youtube, I blame Google (considering there's no Youtube app on the PS4 either, the decision is probably coming from Google). However, Microsoft has stated the version of Internet Explorer on the Xbox One will be able to play Youtube videos, so we can only hope that provides a similar experience as a dedicated app.
    Totally missed that. Glad you pointed it out. Knew there was something I used on my 360 that I wasn't seeing. Thanks. toast
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D1,491,574
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 01:11Permalink
    So excited. And, most of these will have achievements, so even more exciting for all of us here on TA. =D
  • elKazaamelKazaam124,054
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 01:38, Edited on 11 November 13 at 01:41 by elKazaamPermalink
    I dont get it, why cant austria not be treated like germany, that sucks so much!
    Amazaon/Lovefilm wouldt be perfect in austria.
  • YinYin996,530
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 01:48Permalink
    Fire Hawk D said:
    So excited. And, most of these will have achievements, so even more exciting for all of us here on TA. =D
    They won't be point-based achievements, they will be the new challenge achievements that are worth 0 gamerscore.
  • Posted on 11 November 13 at 01:57Permalink
    How would I go about getting the ESPN app? I'm from the UK.
  • Dakrkplayer2Dakrkplayer2897,121
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 02:06Permalink
    Darkened Night said:
    Fire Hawk D said:
    So excited. And, most of these will have achievements, so even more exciting for all of us here on TA. =D
    They won't be point-based achievements, they will be the new challenge achievements that are worth 0 gamerscore.
    I do not know about him or her. I would not mind 0 points achievements. just a shiny pic on my gamercard.
    .XBOX 4 LIFE.
  • EstocoImoEstocoImo388,216
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 02:27Permalink
    I really hope they will make a dedicated YouTube app. I would love to voice-command YouTube together with Netflix, the Dashboard, some Xbox games and more :)
  • NerdrageXNerdrageX589,624
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 02:33Permalink
    They need to overhaul the Twitch app. Incorporate chat display, proper dimensions and resolutions, reduce the delay, etc. If Microsoft puts apps like this behind a paywall (Xbox Live Gold), it needs to significantly outperform what Sony is offering with free access to Netflix and Twitch apps.
  • Posted on 11 November 13 at 02:36, Edited on 11 November 13 at 02:37 by xPut Name HerexPermalink
    NerdrageX said:
    They need to overhaul the Twitch app. Incorporate chat display, proper dimensions and resolutions, reduce the delay, etc. If Microsoft puts apps like this behind a paywall (Xbox Live Gold), it needs to significantly outperform what Sony is offering with free access to Netflix and Twitch apps.
    That delay is common to all apps on XBL. When I use EPSN, I tend to be about a minute behind what people get on cable, and the same went for the Presidential debates they broadcast on XBL a year ago through their Live Event Player. I do wish they would do something about that, but I'm guessing it's some sort of restriction of being an app instead of the main choice of viewing. Hopefully with Twitch streaming integrated into the Xbox One, it means they have fixed that going into the next-gen.
    Gamers have two hobbies: Playing games, and complaining about those games
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D1,491,574
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 02:53Permalink
    Darkened Night said:
    Fire Hawk D said:
    So excited. And, most of these will have achievements, so even more exciting for all of us here on TA. =D
    They won't be point-based achievements, they will be the new challenge achievements that are worth 0 gamerscore.
    Nope. While yes, they'll be 0g, they will still be achievements. There will additionally be challenges, too.

    But, I don't care about gamerscore. So, works for me!
  • Martinio140Martinio140135,299
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 03:02Permalink
    An ITV Player would be nice for the UK
  • Posted on 11 November 13 at 03:10Permalink
    xPut Name Herex said:
    On the lack of Youtube, I blame Google (considering there's no Youtube app on the PS4 either, the decision is probably coming from Google). However, Microsoft has stated the version of Internet Explorer on the Xbox One will be able to play Youtube videos, so we can only hope that provides a similar experience as a dedicated app.
    I don't want to be that asshole but, isn't that what your PC/laptop is for?
  • l TN95 ll TN95 l142,149
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 03:14Permalink
    Campotech said:
    Oh crap. No BBC iPlayer in the UK.
    out of interest whats the big deal bbc never has anything on 4od on the other hand would be a huge mistake if they didnt have that
  • Posted on 11 November 13 at 03:18Permalink
    Is there an app that gets rid of all these apps??? I must be the only gamer that couldn't give a crap about all this stuff.
    Eels Forever
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D1,491,574
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 03:21Permalink
    Blue n Gold Eel said:
    Is there an app that gets rid of all these apps??? I must be the only gamer that couldn't give a crap about all this stuff.
    Then, don't use them? Why would you want to get rid of them? That's selfish.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.