Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox One's First Wave Of Apps Announced

• LEGENDXKILLALEGENDXKILLA1,873,754
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 13:14
    No TVX or Babestation? What about the much talked about KFC app?

Pull it together MS...
    Many girls have nicknamed me "The Tripod"
  • MurmuringJASONMurmuringJASON1,215,176
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 13:24
    I already have a devise for all these apps, it is called a pc.
  • Foxfire49Foxfire49238,032
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 13:52
    Hmmm no game DVR on launch... cry
    Into the shadows I fade.
  • Posted on 11 November 13 at 14:24, Edited on 11 November 13 at 14:31 by Pixel Smash 93
    This just confirms how weak Microsoft's overseas relationships are with various providers .

So no
    BBC Iplayer
    No Sky player
    No virgin media player
    STILL NO ITV PLAYER.

Sky and Virgin are not so bad with the ability to connect your set box to the one
    Not that I care as I have a pc but this is a poor show once again.
    They should change their all in one slogan to none in one
  • Posted on 11 November 13 at 14:44
    Phoenix C64 said:
    if M$ got sued for monopolisation (spelling?) for putting Internet Explorer on their Windows operating system... shouldn't the same apply to their media center/gaming console?

In short: will I be able to install Chrome on the xbox one at some point?
    Apparently you haven't thought this through. All Microsoft has to do too avoid any trouble is not preinstall Internet Explorer. If you download it and install it yourself, they're in the clear. And to answer your other question..... Hell no, you will never be given an option to install Chrome on Microsoft's all in one dream machine.

Google is evil!
  • Posted on 11 November 13 at 15:38
    I was wondering about the lack of bbc iplayer and Sky but then i remembered i can just plug my Sky box straight in to the Xbox One so happy days :)
    LDP
  • DarkLord ZephyrDarkLord Zephyr1,900,142
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 15:38
    No crunchyroll? cry
    DerpLerd Zepherp
  • dlCHIEF58dlCHIEF58528,898
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 15:46
    Phoenix C64 said:
    if M$ got sued for monopolisation (spelling?) for putting Internet Explorer on their Windows operating system... shouldn't the same apply to their media center/gaming console?

In short: will I be able to install Chrome on the xbox one at some point?
    NO, because it it THEIR console and not something they are licensing out like Windows to other machines. Being their system and service (Live), they do not need to allow any 3rd party apps on the system since they own the whole ball of wax. Same as Apple having their apps as default on their own machines (Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod). So don't expect Chrome, Safari or Opera to show up as web browsers anytime in the near future.
  • Raw Sauce RossRaw Sauce Ross2,929,238
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 16:05
    I was really hoping for YouTube because it would be amazing to switch between gaming and YouTube if you need a guide or something
  • PhilmnatorPhilmnator289,516
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 16:44
    TED app? that an interesting one :)

hmm if they get the Kinect voice commands right, that would be real swell
  • ROD720ROD720157,630
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 17:10, Edited on 11 November 13 at 17:17 by ROD720
    Where are Nba game time and ign?
    <720>
  • ROD720ROD720157,630
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 17:19
    The Kudi Zone said:
    I was really hoping for YouTube because it would be amazing to switch between gaming and YouTube if you need a guide or something
    That would have been awesome. Guess we will have to use IE. Hope it is not as terrible to use as the version on 360
    <720>
  • Neo2111Neo2111214,058
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 18:01
    l TN95 l said:
    Campotech said:
    Oh crap. No BBC iPlayer in the UK.
    out of interest whats the big deal bbc never has anything on 4od on the other hand would be a huge mistake if they didnt have that
    It's The lack of Sky Tv player I'm concerned about!
  • Posted on 11 November 13 at 19:19
    Wow no Youtube or Last.fm? Well that's not a good start for the Xbox One seen as they are the only apps I actually use.
    Is shooting bullets not cool enough for you? Buy a Maliwan and light some people on fire!
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,577,122
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 19:20, Edited on 11 November 13 at 22:05 by xPut Name Herex
    For those missing iPlayer, BBC is reportedly working on an app for it, it's just not available for launch. http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/11/5090672/bbc-iplayer-app-xb...
    Gamers have two hobbies: Playing games, and complaining about those games
  • Posted on 11 November 13 at 22:36
    Cool to see these apps coming. That being said, I probably won't use most of them, but who knows?
  • Goggs25Goggs252,053,588
    Posted on 12 November 13 at 01:24
    Martinio140 said:
    An ITV Player would be nice for the UK
    I agree better then the crappy BBC app we have 2 pay for
    Goggs25
  • Posted on 12 November 13 at 09:49
    I don't rally care any of them exept Skype and IE. Except Skype and IE. Do those two also have Achievements? :D
    We at war with the army of haters and when we kill em we just smoke em like papers.
  • Posted on 12 November 13 at 12:21
    is it me or are we missing Youtube on every country?! :O

seems weird as the 360 and ps3 have it.. and next gen which supposed to be all about entertainment... youtube would be one of the first apps i would install, but i have my pc/laptop/phone/tablet/xbox360/ps3/smart-tv to watch youtube on for now.. although YT on the 360 is really crap but on the ps3 its good :O
    Boosting anything on my to-do list or boost list! interested? just sent a pm :)
  • Posted on 12 November 13 at 17:23
    i am using my console for playing games. i really do not care about apps. they should remove all apps to improve the dashboard performance.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads