Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox One's First Wave Of Apps Announced

• Posted on 11 November 13 at 03:27
    Fire Hawk D said:
    Blue n Gold Eel said:
    Is there an app that gets rid of all these apps??? I must be the only gamer that couldn't give a crap about all this stuff.
    Then, don't use them? Why would you want to get rid of them? That's selfish.
    I think he meant off his console. I highly doubt he wants everyone to lose them just because he does not care for them. If I could I would switch them off as well.
    I don't trust Canadians.
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D2,048,088
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 03:30, Edited on 11 November 13 at 03:30 by Fire Hawk D
    Skitzy Skitzo said:
    Fire Hawk D said:
    Blue n Gold Eel said:
    Is there an app that gets rid of all these apps??? I must be the only gamer that couldn't give a crap about all this stuff.
    I think he meant off his console. I highly doubt he wants everyone to lose them just because he does not care for them. If I could I would switch them off as well.
    lol You'd be surprised. Though, obviously, "just delete them" would be his option in that case.
  • Posted on 11 November 13 at 03:33
    Glad to see the only important country is well catered to. This is even worse than the 360's offerings where I'm from. Pathetic? Yes. Yes. 0/10 would never buy again.
    The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug ;)
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,403,540
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 03:45
    ScrotoBaggins22 said:
    Glad to see the only important country is well catered to. This is even worse than the 360's offerings where I'm from. Pathetic? Yes. Yes. 0/10 would never buy again.
    Well yeah, but it's worse everywhere compared to the 360. The 360 has had years to get the app collection up to where it is now. This is only the list of what will be available in the very early stages of the Xbox One. It could look very different in a couple years.

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
    Gamers have two hobbies: Playing games, and complaining about those games
  • Dakrkplayer2Dakrkplayer21,437,495
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 03:48
    Some app are useful and kills time when there is no new game to played with.
    .XBOX 4 LIFE.
  • Hitchman1Hitchman1427,892
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 03:54
    xMidget Furyx said:
    Well I'll use most of the apps, if not my family will.
    Can I come over and use your apps with your family?
  • Posted on 11 November 13 at 04:09
    Hitchman1 said:
    xMidget Furyx said:
    Well I'll use most of the apps, if not my family will.
    Can I come over and use your apps with your family?
    For those who may not notice, for the love of god read his comment and then instantly look at his avatar pic. I think it's pure gold.
    I don't trust Canadians.
  • Posted on 11 November 13 at 04:18
    Anyone know if that NFL app is going to be free or subscription based?
  • Bob101910Bob101910854,862
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 04:24
    I wouldn't expect a dedicated YouTube app after seeing how Google is being dingldloppers to Windows Phone
  • Posted on 11 November 13 at 04:36
    Currently PS3 has TVNZ on Demand - which is New Zealand's version of watching TV on Demand. I was so gutted to hear this when it was announced not so long ago, because XBOX Live in NZ is so lacklustre.
    I was hoping with the next generation Microsoft might have swooped in and done a deal with SKY TV or TVNZ - but no.
    So we get pretty much nothing...in fact the worst list of apps out of all of them.
    Way to forget about the little guy...don't forget we are paying the same price as everyone else to get this console.
  • Brooklyn GinBrooklyn Gin464,120
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 04:51
    Hercules SR117 said:
    Currently PS3 has TVNZ on Demand - which is New Zealand's version of watching TV on Demand. I was so gutted to hear this when it was announced not so long ago, because XBOX Live in NZ is so lacklustre.
    I was hoping with the next generation Microsoft might have swooped in and done a deal with SKY TV or TVNZ - but no.
    So we get pretty much nothing...in fact the worst list of apps out of all of them.
    Way to forget about the little guy...don't forget we are paying the same price as everyone else to get this console.
    I saw a comment on the Xbox New Zealand Facebook page that you can run a free view or sky box off it, just without some features. This was said by Xbox NZ, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was wrong. Still, at least if you can somehow snap t.v and gaming I would be happy with that.
  • NastyMastaDaddyNastyMastaDaddy3,328,106
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 05:00
    sirbradenwalker said:
    Anyone know if that NFL app is going to be free or subscription based?
    I dont think it costs money because you cant watch games through it.
    Oh how I loathe thee completion percentage
  • Posted on 11 November 13 at 05:13
    Blue n Gold Eel said:
    You're not alone there, but at least they're not being forced upon us.
    Try and break our cookie system.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 November 13 at 06:10
    Fire Hawk D said:
    Skitzy Skitzo said:
    Fire Hawk D said:
    Blue n Gold Eel said:
    lol You'd be surprised. Though, obviously, "just delete them" would be his option in that case.
    Don't get me wrong, because if you want them then that's good for you, I just want to get rid of the current apps blade on my 360, I can only imagine how bad they will be on the XB1....ps are you saying you can delete any/all apps from showing up on the XB1???
    Eels Forever
  • Arsenic 17Arsenic 171,550,101
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 06:52
    The only app I care about is NHL gamecenter. Hope.it arrives ASAP. Until then I have to keel my 360 in my living room.which I am dreading...
    Arsenic 17
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D2,048,088
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 06:53, Edited on 11 November 13 at 06:54 by Fire Hawk D
    Blue n Gold Eel said:
    Don't get me wrong, because if you want them then that's good for you, I just want to get rid of the current apps blade on my 360, I can only imagine how bad they will be on the XB1....ps are you saying you can delete any/all apps from showing up on the XB1???
    Have you seen the Xbox One dashboard walkthrough from last week? There were three tabs: Pins, Home, and Store. That could be all there is or that's just how they had it customized, showing a deep layer of customization.
  • Morpheus414Morpheus414311,889
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 07:29
    Hmm--what's Target Ticket?

And is TED going to be a 24-hour channel of America's Favorite Asshole Teddy Bear?

laugh
  • GtechApocalypseGtechApocalypse2,210,950
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 07:29
    Glad to see some apps I have now!
    Gtech
  • Phoenix C64Phoenix C64317,594
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 07:40
    if M$ got sued for monopolisation (spelling?) for putting Internet Explorer on their Windows operating system... shouldn't the same apply to their media center/gaming console?

In short: will I be able to install Chrome on the xbox one at some point?
    Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
  • Posted on 11 November 13 at 07:44
    Phoenix C64 said:
    if M$ got sued for monopolisation (spelling?) for putting Internet Explorer on their Windows operating system... shouldn't the same apply to their media center/gaming console?

In short: will I be able to install Chrome on the xbox one at some point?
    If you want to use Chrome so badly I hear they have the internet on computers now. Not sure, I'll have to check and get back to you.
    I don't trust Canadians.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.