Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox One's First Wave Of Apps Announced

• Erik SeidelErik Seidel201,858
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 08:03Permalink
    2 Apps I miss (for Germany):

1st: SkyGo - I was looking forward to use this app to watch the Champions League and some other stuff on the Xbox One because it is very very slow on the Xbox 360. Hopefully they will use their time to add true Dolby Digital.

2nd: Xbox Tournaments (Virgin Gaming) - Never used it on the Xbox 360 but was looking forward to use this app to try earning some cash playing Fifa 14.

Well yeah, and then they could bring back the "Sales and Specials +" App. One can dream...
  • Posted on 11 November 13 at 08:29Permalink
    CAN'T WAIT,YEAH BOYY!!!
    D J B
  • Posted on 11 November 13 at 09:34, Edited on 11 November 13 at 09:35 by Blue n Gold EelPermalink
    Fire Hawk D said:
    Blue n Gold Eel said:
    Don't get me wrong, because if you want them then that's good for you, I just want to get rid of the current apps blade on my 360, I can only imagine how bad they will be on the XB1....ps are you saying you can delete any/all apps from showing up on the XB1???
    Have you seen the Xbox One dashboard walkthrough from last week? There were three tabs: Pins, Home, and Store. That could be all there is or that's just how they had it customized, showing a deep layer of customization.
    Nah I didn't see it, but I will get to checkout the dashboard for the XB1 in 10 days, so it will be interesting to see if I can delete them or not.
    Eels Forever
  • Posted on 11 November 13 at 09:51Permalink
    Blue n Gold Eel said:
    Fire Hawk D said:
    Blue n Gold Eel said:
    Don't get me wrong, because if you want them then that's good for you, I just want to get rid of the current apps blade on my 360, I can only imagine how bad they will be on the XB1....ps are you saying you can delete any/all apps from showing up on the XB1???
    Have you seen the Xbox One dashboard walkthrough from last week? There were three tabs: Pins, Home, and Store. That could be all there is or that's just how they had it customized, showing a deep layer of customization.
    Nah I didn't see it, but I will get to checkout the dashboard for the XB1 in 10 days, so it will be interesting to see if I can delete them or not.
    Apps aren't pre-installed. And even if they were, Microsoft is very good when it comes to bloatware (you can uninstall pretty much all non-essential apps on WP8 and Windows 8, for example).
    Gamers have two hobbies: Playing games, and complaining about those games
  • Chunkeh MunkehChunkeh Munkeh2,449,958
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 09:53Permalink
    Ah that sucks....no NBA app? cry
  • Vr EnglishVr English680,125
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 10:02Permalink
    xPut Name Herex said:
    On the lack of Youtube, I blame Google (considering there's no Youtube app on the PS4 either, the decision is probably coming from Google). However, Microsoft has stated the version of Internet Explorer on the Xbox One will be able to play Youtube videos, so we can only hope that provides a similar experience as a dedicated app.
    Probably better to be honest, dedicated apps are horrible for it on xbox.
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,186,993
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 10:12Permalink
    Wow... A bunch of Apps I will never use.

How exciting!

sleep
  • Posted on 11 November 13 at 10:20Permalink
    WTF is TED?
  • Posted on 11 November 13 at 10:21Permalink
    TV, TV, TV, TV, TV!

And I thought it was just a games machine. You remember games, don't you Microsoft? They're the reason we all bought the 360. It's what TA is all about.................
  • Posted on 11 November 13 at 10:48Permalink
    Erik Seidel said:
    2 Apps I miss (for Germany):

1st: SkyGo - I was looking forward to use this app to watch the Champions League and some other stuff on the Xbox One because it is very very slow on the Xbox 360. Hopefully they will use their time to add true Dolby Digital.

2nd: Xbox Tournaments (Virgin Gaming) - Never used it on the Xbox 360 but was looking forward to use this app to try earning some cash playing Fifa 14.

Well yeah, and then they could bring back the "Sales and Specials +" App. One can dream...
    laugh
    Never before have words come together in such a purely harmonious way to make something so truthfully hilarious and ironic. Fucking amazing. 10/10 sir.
    The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug ;)
  • Posted on 11 November 13 at 10:58Permalink
    Spakon said:
    WTF is TED?
    I assume it is TED Talks: http://www.ted.com/talks
  • Phoenix C64Phoenix C64279,483
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 11:02Permalink
    Skitzy Skitzo said:
    Phoenix C64 said:
    if M$ got sued for monopolisation (spelling?) for putting Internet Explorer on their Windows operating system... shouldn't the same apply to their media center/gaming console?

In short: will I be able to install Chrome on the xbox one at some point?
    If you want to use Chrome so badly I hear they have the internet on computers now. Not sure, I'll have to check and get back to you.
    Yes, please do. I can't wait for your next stupid smartass comment on here.
    Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
  • WylieMDWylieMD209,495
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 11:15Permalink
    TV will be good for passing time but as for the rest of them... like a lot of people, I have a smartphone / tablet.
  • Chunkeh MunkehChunkeh Munkeh2,449,958
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 11:18Permalink
    Hartland said:
    Xbox One dashboard - now with EVEN MORE advertisements and crappy apps you will NEVER USE! 99% crap 1% Xbox related content when you first start it up

Also to make it even better, they have made it JUST LIKE the windows 8 desktop. Oh wow.. who WOULDN'T love 1000 tabs which are basic crappy pictures and fill the screen!

Also now, to get straight to your game INSTANTLY, all you have to do is watch 50 advertisements, 5 videos of the new Xbox One even though you already have one, and some Netflix shite that nobody wants or cares about anymore as the only films they have are from 2002-2005.
    -
    Nah, I'll think I will stick to my Xbox for gaming, and my Laptop for everything else. The only good use my Xbox has other than gaming is it can play pirated games. Arrrrg!!
    No one wants Netflix? Mmhmm.

Plus you brag about pirating games... way to support the developers.
  • Erik SeidelErik Seidel201,858
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 11:35Permalink
    Hartland said:
    Xbox One dashboard - now with EVEN MORE advertisements and crappy apps you will NEVER USE! 99% crap 1% Xbox related content when you first start it up

Also to make it even better, they have made it JUST LIKE the windows 8 desktop. Oh wow.. who WOULDN'T love 1000 tabs which are basic crappy pictures and fill the screen!

Also now, to get straight to your game INSTANTLY, all you have to do is watch 50 advertisements, 5 videos of the new Xbox One even though you already have one, and some Netflix shite that nobody wants or cares about anymore as the only films they have are from 2002-2005.
    -
    Nah, I'll think I will stick to my Xbox for gaming, and my Laptop for everything else. The only good use my Xbox has other than gaming is it can play pirated games. Arrrrg!!
    Way to go, telling that on a site that directly links to your Gamertag!wave Pirating games kills the industry. I hate you.
  • Posted on 11 November 13 at 11:39Permalink
    WylieMD said:
    TV will be good for passing time but as for the rest of them... like a lot of people, I have a smartphone / tablet.
    Yes, but unless you have additional things, you are stuck on your small screen size. I like that I can easily display things like Netflix or Youtube on my 47" TV with a screen designed for viewing video, rather than my 4.3" phone or 17" laptop. Not to mention it;s a lot easier for multiple people to watch at once.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 November 13 at 11:46Permalink
    I will never use a single one of these pointless goddamn apps ever!

The only app I would ever use would be a TA app smile
    Let me find peace in my own heart and save me from my enemies.
  • HartlandHartland319,472
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 11:59, Edited on 11 November 13 at 12:22 by HartlandPermalink
    Oops! I mean pirated films haha oh shit.. way to get banned for nothing, ill edit it

The trolls are hungry today!
    4Horsemen
  • HyyrHyyr411,340
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 12:27Permalink
    Is there an app to play games?

I do hope these 'apps" are not installed on your Xbox One unless you want them. However, something tells me that these useless things will be installed on my console whether I want them or not (I don't).

If Microsoft allows us to not install these unless we want them, I will retract my statements. Given what they did to the 360 in the last couple of years, though, I will assume the worst.
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty560,830
    Posted on 11 November 13 at 12:54Permalink
    Blue n Gold Eel said:
    Is there an app that gets rid of all these apps??? I must be the only gamer that couldn't give a crap about all this stuff.
    No you aren't. That's why I have an iPhone, for proper apps.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.