Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Final Fantasy XIII-2: Environments Trailer

AuthorMessage
Lexual
Lexual
Posted on 08 December 11 at 02:54
Plus 'New Game Plus' details

Please click here to read the story: Final Fantasy XIII-2: Environments Trailer
OneEighth
OneEighth
Posted on 08 December 11 at 02:59
The first one wasn't any good. Total let down. FF has taken a turn for the worst after X.
Majinbro
Majinbro
Posted on 08 December 11 at 03:08, Edited on 08 December 11 at 03:09 by Majinbro
While i will agree that 13 isnt the best Final Fantasy. I will say that it wasnt bad. I havent completly enjoyed a Final Fantasy game sine 7 and 9. So i dont expect much out of these newer ones from the get go except for some fun rpg gameplay and a decent story.
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 08 December 11 at 03:08
OneEighth said:
The first one wasn't any good. Total let down. FF has taken a turn for the worst after X.
I dunno. The first wasn't too bad, but I will certainly agree that IX was the last Final Fantasy I would score above a 6 or 7 (easily gets a 10 though). The storyline isn't bad in my opinion, but I don't much like the gameplay anymore.
Majinbro
Majinbro
Posted on 08 December 11 at 03:14, Edited on 08 December 11 at 03:15 by Majinbro
alklein92201 said:
OneEighth said:
I dunno. The first wasn't too bad, but I will certainly agree that IX was the last Final Fantasy I would score above a 6 or 7 (easily gets a 10 though). The storyline isn't bad in my opinion, but I don't much like the gameplay anymore.
I would agree i miss the old RPG battle system. I really enjoyed Lost Odyssey good story and the battle system that i've enjoyed in most RPG's i've played. I realize they're trying to change things make them better but why fix what wasnt broken in the first place.
PURE HATE MI
PURE HATE MI
Posted on 08 December 11 at 03:17
I actually enjoyed FFXIII, and this sequel is looking better than the first in all ways.
Zer0e
Zer0e
Posted on 08 December 11 at 03:27
I think it's funny that most, if not all Japanese games, use the same in-game fonts.
I'm gonna ninja you!!
Touch my Minki
Posted on 08 December 11 at 03:56
new game plus? im sold, theres jsut something about starting a story over again with a god of a player
True XenoBlade
Posted on 08 December 11 at 03:58, Edited on 08 December 11 at 03:59 by True XenoBlade
This is looking amazing, much better than 13 so far (in my opinion)

As i lost my game saved for FF13 i guess i'm going to have to restart and hopefully complete it so i can get those extras in this one, that and get updated with the story again after 2 years

I hope with the new game plus feature there is an achievement involved somehow, otherwise lets face it not many of us will bother. Though i'd certainly like to
I will protect you, no matter the cost!
Tony Starc
Tony Starc
Posted on 08 December 11 at 05:40
placing a bet now that transferring a save from 13-1 won't give you anything worthwhile. i don't there's ever been a 360 game that gives you anything extremely beneficial for transferring a save over from a prequel
moogless
moogless
Posted on 08 December 11 at 05:45
Tony Starc said:
placing a bet now that transferring a save from 13-1 won't give you anything worthwhile. i don't there's ever been a 360 game that gives you anything extremely beneficial for transferring a save over from a prequel
mass effect? also free stuff, so why not?
Remember, science rhymes with compliance. Do you know what doesn't rhyme with compliance? NEUROTOXIN
CanadianWhizKid
Posted on 08 December 11 at 05:45
Tony Starc said:
Did you not read the rest of the post? Sure it may not be much,but it's still something, which is better than nothing.

Learn to appreciate the little things, rather than complain and sound like a complete moron.
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 08 December 11 at 05:59
moogless said:
Tony Starc said:
mass effect? also free stuff, so why not?
Wow and he even has both ME games on his card, with the second one completed. How can you say you don't get anything extremely beneficial from transferring on that? Immediate starting at a higher level, lots of money. Did you not even do it?
Selkirk16
Selkirk16
Posted on 08 December 11 at 06:07
Glad I kept my game saves; dismayed that I'll have to play this game twice to 100% it in most likelihood. One of the pluses of FF 13 for me is that you only needed one playthrough for full completion hehe.
Altergigo
Altergigo
Posted on 08 December 11 at 06:13
TH3 XB0X G3N1U5 said:
Learn to appreciate the little things, rather than complain and sound like a complete moron.
Ya I'm with you on this 100%. Every ff13-2 update has whiners about this and the other thing regarding ff13. News flash...we heard you the first 1000 times, get over it already.
Sometimes It's not the solution that sucks...
Sanada
Sanada
Posted on 08 December 11 at 06:29
OneEighth said:
Wouldn't be a Final Fantasy thread without a post like this.

Anyway, this wasn't looking too bad at all. Glad to see a mix of populated areas as well as the wildlife on Gran Pulse. Hopefully the NPC's aren't as useless as in XIII.

Not sure how I feel about a NG+ though...we'll have to see how that plays out. Would be way too easy if the monsters weren't scaled properly or something.
You seem a little furious...
JerkXDeuce
JerkXDeuce
Posted on 08 December 11 at 08:15
FF XIII didn't have much replay value for me, hopefully this one does.

Anyway this game is looking surprisingly good so far.
Jerick85
Jerick85
Posted on 08 December 11 at 08:54
looks aren't everything unfortunately..
Trying to increase completion percentage.
TriRock
TriRock
Posted on 08 December 11 at 09:08
Hopefully, I still have my FF13 save file. I should, but you never know...
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 08 December 11 at 09:28
TriRock said:
Hopefully, I still have my FF13 save file. I should, but you never know...
I use a USB drive to move all my 100% game save files to an old Pro HDD I still have, for just such occasions as this. Just have to dig it out, methinks...

I need to stop watching these things, tired of waiting.
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's...strategically placed."
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.