The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Windows Phone 7 DotW: September 5th, 2012

• litepinklitepink306,925
    Posted on 06 September 12 at 17:22
    After a short hiatus, Deal of the Week is back

Why the Windows Phone Deal of the Week left in the first place remains a mystery, but we can take solitude in the fact that the weekly discounts have returned. This game serves as a companion to its XBLA counterpart, https://www.trueachievements.com/Fusion-Genesis-xbox-360.htm.

https://www.trueachievements.com/Fusion-Sentient-xbox-3....htm - $2.99/£2.29 $1.99/£1.49

Build and command an elite fighting force in Fusion: Sentient, an easy-to-play, real-time strategy game available exclusively for your Xbox LIVE enabled Windows Phone. As a gifted young machinist enrolled at the prestigious Luna Academy, you'll control a squad of advanced robot warriors known as sentients. As your career advances, you'll fight your way across the galaxy and uncover the secrets behind a sinister plot and its ties to an ancient race. Building your force from units belonging to three base classes, each with their own special abilities, you'll command your troops in brutal battles set in alien deserts and jungles and deep within enemy bases. Individual missions include conquest missions, defensive stands, capture scenarios, and survival rounds. Link your game through Xbox LIVE with Fusion: Genesis on the Xbox 360 to send sentients between games. Level up your Xbox 360 sentients on your phone or play with your Windows Phone sentients on your TV. Concealed secrets await as you fight to save the galaxy from this menacing threat. But beware: The deeper you dig, the more danger you'll unleash.
    https://www.trueachievements.com/customimages/010534.jpg

As some of you may know, this game currently holds the distinction of being a Windows Phone game with an unobtainable achievement:

Fusion: Sentient (WP)Reaper's UnderstudyThe Reaper's Understudy achievement in Fusion: Sentient (WP) worth 46 pointsComplete 10 missions by destroying all opposition

There has been no mention of a fix for it at this time. We’ll be sure to update you in the future if this ever changes.

Thanks to all the community members who sent in the news of Deal of the Week returning, and to those who pointed out the unobtainable achievement.
  • Posted on 06 September 12 at 17:25
    Meh, unobtainable achievement makes it a no buy.
    Thrifty SiMON
  • Posted on 06 September 12 at 17:26
    ITS A WITCH!!! BURN IT!!!

What Simon said.
    The only "B" word women should be called is beautiful.
  • Dr DeadspaceDr Deadspace657,928
    Posted on 06 September 12 at 17:35
    Yay - WP7 DotW is back! :)

Boo - No 100% no buy :(
  • BROOKER 513BROOKER 513700,677
    Posted on 06 September 12 at 17:38
    Figures they would return with a game that is broken.
    Buy before they delist it. Like they did with MiniSquadron when it was DowT, then gone the next Week.
  • enanenesenanenes758,387
    Posted on 06 September 12 at 17:38
    If they give me $1.99 this week ($2.99 next week), maybe I'd DL it. But I won't play it :D
  • REALFOX81REALFOX81475,681
    Posted on 06 September 12 at 17:40
    Unobtainable makes it a no buy, even if it was free!! The developer should update first and then go DotW.
    Boosters welcome: PM me on XBL or on TA if you want to boost a game, which i own!
  • MotoMoto493,026
    Posted on 06 September 12 at 17:46
    Agreed, maybe they should have updated the game before making it the DotW. No buy for me either!
  • LeeVEGETALeeVEGETA310,201
    Posted on 06 September 12 at 17:50
    I've fancied this for a while now, and was thinking about it. My question is this, what makes the achievement unobtainable? Is it that missions don't last long enough, not enough missions or something else?
    LeeVEGETA
    Posted on 06 September 12 at 17:55
    @LeeVEGETA: Your question was explained some month ago in an interview with an developer. Its because the cant test the games "live" on an wp7 phone before microsoft push the games on the marketplace, so the gamer is the real beta tester. They develop and play the games only in an emulator so its possible due to some circumstances they dont find it in the testing system why this chievo doesnt pop when it should.
    Boosters welcome: PM me on XBL or on TA if you want to boost a game, which i own!
  • EffordEfford912,805
    Posted on 06 September 12 at 17:59
    Hurray for dotw
    Posted on 06 September 12 at 18:06
    @REALFOX81 I understand all that, by my question is why it won't pop. Can the conditions for the achievement be met or is it just a bug that stops it popping?
    LeeVEGETA
  • Posted on 06 September 12 at 18:11
    Geez I got happy when DotW was posted and then I read the article and then I saw "unobtainable." Now Happy isn't happy. Pass.
    HappyCampersII
    Posted on 06 September 12 at 18:16
    @LeeVEGETA: This is mostly due to misconfiguration or programming error. There is an achievement in Pocket God, which requires to do an action 100 times. Due to a misstyping in the game, the achievement pops after 1000 times. And the developer knows about this error and dont update it, because somewhat.
  • Matt DB87Matt DB871,873,782
    Posted on 06 September 12 at 18:19
    already bought it
    JP & PAL games for Sale! Top-Rated Seller! Worldwide ship & Best Offers! http://tinyurl.com/89d9dek
  • LavindatharLavindathar1,971,805
    Posted on 06 September 12 at 18:20
    are the remaining ones easy?
    Posted on 06 September 12 at 18:22
    @REALFOX81 I understand WHY achievements don't pop, What I want to know is related to this game. Is the reason it won't pop due to a developer oversight by making impossible to actually acquire or is it a general bug that, although the conditions have been met, won't allow it to pop.
    LeeVEGETA
  • grex9101grex9101545,132
    Posted on 06 September 12 at 18:33
    REALFOX has been asked twice now, and twice has avoided the question.

He's either trolling or doesn't understand simple English.
    BOYCOTT EA!
  • Posted on 06 September 12 at 18:45
    giving us broken games on dotw? no thanks MS...
  • EastXEastX568,482
    Posted on 06 September 12 at 18:47
    This is the second worst Xbox Live game for WindowsPhone IMO, second only to 3D Brick Breaker Revolution. Broken Achievement or not, I recommend avoiding it at all costs.
    -Paul Acevedo, WPCentral - and Co-Optimus, yo!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads