Game Discussion: Kane & Lynch: Dead Men Forum

I just made a petition on Change.org for Celebrity and True Elite

AuthorMessage
kliqIMB
kliqIMB
Posted on 10 July 13 at 18:48
Hey guys, after reading through a forum here and on Eidos's website I decided to go ahead and pen up a very eloquent and thought-out letter to IO Interactive, Eidos Montreal / Square Enix Europe & Square Enix. But instead of just sending them a letter I made it into a petition (found here: https://www.change.org/petitions/io-interactive-eidos-montr%... ) . Each time this petition is signed, IO, EM, SEE, and the Senior Public Relations Manager of SE all get an email. I figured the more people that got bombed with emails the better. Additionally at the end of this message I have more contact information for everyone to NICELY spam. We don't want these people thinking were being jerks about it, we just want to be heard. Also, I included the LinkedIn information for more digging to try and find contact info. You can message them on there, but as it's a more business oriented site, they might get upset. Anyway, I'm posting this pretty much everywhere achievements are discussed, but feel free to post share this with whomever you'd like. I plan on messaging the admins here at TA and maybe x360a to see if we can get this on the front page to get the word out. I set the goal at 5,000 but I believe I can increase it if necessary.

IO Interactive Contact Info

Phone #: +45 33 73 29 00 (Denmark)
Address: Kalvebod Brygge 35-37
DK-1560 Copenhagen V
Email: ioi@ioi.dk
Twitter: https://twitter.com/iointeractive
Studio Head: https://twitter.com/hannesseifert

(People Directly Associated With Kane & Lynch: Dead Men)
Game Director: https://www.facebook.com/jpkurup
Associate Producer: https://twitter.com/Fusager

(LinkedIn List of All IO Interactive Employees)
http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/p?f_CC=10937&trk=rr_conn...
Note: On June 17th 2013, IO Interactive laid off almost 50% of its staff. The above persons may or may not still be affiliated with the company. However, they might still be able to point us in the correct direction.

Eidos Montréal / Square Enix Europe Contact Info

EM Phone: 514-670-6300
EM Address: 400 de Maisonneuve West
6th Floor, Montréal, Québec
Canada, H3A 1L4
EM Email: marketingPR@eidosmontreal.com
community@eidosmontreal.com
EM Twitter: https://twitter.com/eidosmontreal

SEE Address: Wimbledon Bridge House
1 Hartfield Road
Wimbledon
London
SW19 3RU
SEE Twitter: https://twitter.com/SQUARE_ENIX_EU

(LinkedIn List of All Eidos Montréal / Square Enix Europe Employees)
http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/p?f_CC=163586&trk=rr_con...
WeisGuy9
WeisGuy9
Posted on 11 July 13 at 02:31
I won't go to change.org just on general principles, but for those that are interested, you might want to give at least a brief description of what you are petitioning them for. I've read your post twice, but I have no clue what you are petitioning for, other than what's in the title. I have no idea what "Celebrity" and "True Elite" are. A couple of achievements I assume?
CEO/GSSP: Not polite, patient, or politically correct.
kliqIMB
kliqIMB
Posted on 11 July 13 at 02:46
Below is what is actually on the petition itself.

The following letter and petition is directed toward whom it may concern at the following companies: IO Interactive, Eidos Montréal / Square Enix Europe, and Square Enix Holdings Co. Ltd.

We come to you today with heads bowed, palms outstretched for we know what we ask, nay beseech you of, is /not/ of the gravest importance. We are well aware that our problem is niche, that our quandary might seem obtuse, and that we are relatively few in number compared to the vast demographic that your company markets to. However, we also know that in the past companies have listened to us, the achievement hunters, and have answered in a most accommodating manner. For instance, when a lone EA employee under the moniker “NFSDrew”, let thousands of gamers unlock the elusive “Community Race Day 2” achievement for Need For Speed: ProStreet after years of being unobtainable, mere weeks before the servers were shut down forever. Or when Battle for Middle Earth II & Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter both had their leaderboards reset for the express purpose of unlocking achievements.

With this in the forefront of your mind, it is with humble hearts that we request the ability to unlock the “Celebrity” and “True Elite” achievements in Kane & Lynch: Dead Men. Although neither achievement is worth any gamerscore, the achievements themselves ruin a perfect completion percentage for those of us who pursue the “1000”, as it were once known, with reckless abandon. Top achievement tracker site TrueAchievements currently lists only 14 out of 32,783 gamers whom have unlocked these two achievements (only 3 have completed the game in it’s entirety) in the over half a decade since the game was released. The reason for this travesty is merely a case of leaderboard blocking. Current estimates claim that the top 300 positions on the Kane & Lynch leaderboard are all occupied by the same person(s) various accounts, a vast majority of which have been reverted to Silver Xbox Live status. With an iron grip around the top ranks of the leaderboard, more than one hopeful hunter has fallen prey to various Microsoft Points scams these past three years. But, “No more!” we cry. No more shall we be the victims of tyranny. With your help, that is.

Now, we’re well aware that the most obvious fix is simply to reset the leaderboard; yet, we as a community have had time to ponder the subject, to mull it over in our collective minds and we wonder: is the best solution? Let us suppose that the leaderboard is reset today. Obviously the first few people would unlock it immediately. And as the Internet’s ever flowing information stream turns the trickle of people into a raging river, then what? People constantly battling over the top two positions will lead to strife and chaos amongst everyone. Additionally, what’s to stop the person(s) controlling the leaderboard now to do so again? Would you be willing to reset the leaderboard every month? Week? Day? Who is to say how long it would take for the leaderboard to crumble. Hence, we as a community have conferred and decided upon a few methods we believe would be less work overall for you all, as well as being obtainable for everyone who has waited, breath baited, for years to unlock these two achievements, whilst still maintaining a portion of the challenge originally intended.

1) Make the Kane and Lynch skins available for mercenaries, but only give them a 1% and 2% chance, respectively, of appearing for each player. We believe this to be the fix most true to the original nature of the achievements. This way, everyone has an equal opportunity for the achievements to unlock, but there’s still a certain degree of difficulty stemming from the product of chance. Also, for those of us who have yet to complete all of the online achievements, it gives us something to look forward to as we grind away those 200 Fragile Alliance sessions. There is a drawback to this method, as we suppose this to be the most coding intensive on the part of your company.

2) Have “Celebrity” unlock for completing all single player achievements & “True Elite” unlock for completing all multiplayer achievements (DLC notwithstanding). We would posit this to be the less coding intensive of our two primary resolutions. Assuming that all achievements are stored as Boolean values, a simple if statement for each of the two achievements that call for ‘true’ values of the requisite achievements should suffice. However, we do realize that this perchance changing the scope of achievements too much; yet, we also put forth that with Microsoft’s new policy of not charging for title updates that the achievement details themselves could be updated to reflect any massive changes.

3) Just give them to us already! After six years of waiting, six years of boosting, six years of 1250/1250 but 50/52 showing up on our tags, there are those of us who just want the damn achievements. We’ve been at it far too long and they’re not even worth any gamerscore. We’re aware this is the least likely (but by far the quickest, we’d like to add!) of the proposed solutions, but at this point we’re desperate!

And so we submit to you this petition. A petition filled with the hopes and dreams of a segment of the gaming populous that has shown time and again that through dedication and determination anything is possible.
WeisGuy9
WeisGuy9
Posted on 11 July 13 at 02:56
Nicely done.
CEO/GSSP: Not polite, patient, or politically correct.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 11 July 13 at 11:48
Best of luck to you :-)
Written in the stars.
LGS I Hitman
LGS I Hitman
Posted on 11 July 13 at 16:02
Signed
Mpphhh mphh mph mphhhh mphhh mhh! - Red Pyro
kliqIMB
kliqIMB
Posted on 12 July 13 at 05:03
Thank for the support Hitman and thanks for the kind words n1ckKz. After we get a few more people, hoping for about 10-20, I'm going to start trying to contact the people personally. Also going to try and get this on the front page of TA and x360a.
MERCENAIRE ADAM
Posted on 13 July 13 at 09:26
Nice, i signed. I hope this time it will work, waiting since 2008 that happen
planting42
planting42
Posted on 13 July 13 at 09:45
Signed
www.GTASC.net
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 14 July 13 at 19:02
Signed.
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
kliqIMB
kliqIMB
Posted on 15 July 13 at 01:58
Thanks guys! I've been without Internet access almost all weekend, idk what the hell my laptop is doing but I fear the wireless card may have shit itself, so I haven't had a chance to work much on this. But tonight once I make it back to my usual residence I'll start contacting some more people and see if getting several emails every day has done anything thus far. This is the beginning of a long road, gents, but we shall prevail.
Lavindathar
Lavindathar
Posted on 15 July 13 at 06:08
Perfectly worded.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 15 July 13 at 20:28
Signed, needs 4,986 signatures left. Will share it amongst my friends who have this game
http://www.youtube.com/DamnRightAwesome
kliqIMB
kliqIMB
Posted on 15 July 13 at 23:44
Thanks Lavindathar, I'm an English major and lead designer / script writer at a game company I just opened, so I'd like to hope my diction is of high caliber. And awesome Frontline! I've been trying to spread the word as much as possible as well.
Deadpool 1194
Posted on 16 July 13 at 01:52
I'll sign this when I'm able. Kept Kayne and Lynch off of this tag for exactly this reason!
[OCD and achievements were never going to be a good mix] But I completely agree with this point, pretty much any achievement that can only be gained by a tiny percentage of players is just a slap in the face to fans. The petition is worded beautifully, as far as I can tell there's a lot of support for your point. Hopefully at this junction they see fit to just unlock these 0g achievements out of sheer respect for people still playing their game half a decade down the line!
Best of luck to you, and if you do manage to pull something off with this make sure to keep us all informed! toast
kliqIMB
kliqIMB
Posted on 18 July 13 at 03:27
Thanks again for all the support guys. It's been a week so far and I'm going to start emailing the company heads personally now. We've only got 15 signatures so far, so if anyone could help promote this it would be awesome! It doesn't have to be just around achievement sites. Get your irl friends to sign too. Just because they might not be concerned with the achievement themselves, doesn't mean that they don't think it's an important issue!

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 18 July 13 at 11:19
I've got a friend who maybe able to youtube this for you, i'll see what he says.
Written in the stars.
kliqIMB
kliqIMB
Posted on 19 July 13 at 16:32
That would be awesome nickkz.
kliqIMB
kliqIMB
Posted on 22 July 13 at 06:17
Update for those who still follow this. Late last week I tweeted to several different Twitter accounts asking them to please look at the petition and consider implementing one of the changes. Unbeknownst to me until today the Content Manager over at IO Interactive responded mere hours after I tweeted. He said,

Travis ?@IO_Travis 18 Jul
@kliqIMB I will try & find out what, if anything, can be done on IO's part. Lots of vacation time in July so expect slow progress.

And that my friends is what we call progress, if albeit slow progress. But the fact remains that someone has taken notice and is at least making some effort on our behalf. So, if it's not too much trouble and you have a Twitter account. Send this guy a friendly "thank you" tweet just to show him that a) We care about this issue and b) We appreciate his time and effort. I'm posting this on x360a, TA, MGP, GameFAQs, and emailing it to those whom have signed the petition, so I apologize if you end up seeing this message more than once. It's hard to create a blanket of information without some overlap.
Deadpool 1194
Posted on 01 August 13 at 06:07
It's great to actually see some notice taken by someone who can make this happen! Fingers crossed! Let's hope it's not an empty gesture to quiet down people complaining. laugh
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.