Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Capcom Essentials Announced

• Posted on 14 August 13 at 19:39Permalink
    Reilix said:
    JMJimmy said:
    PRO GLiTCHxx said:
    I just noticed something all the games with gold are made by microsoft or are only on xbox, makes sense.
    Some are on Steam as well (DR2, Defense Grid)
    And I believe Assassins Creed 2 is on another system as well. Just saying.
    Dead Rising 2 is also multiplatform (PS3, 360, and PC).
    spaceSuicide said:
    xPut Name Herex said:
    Must be an attempt to still sell copies of Dead Rising 2 after its given away to all XBL Gold members in two days laugh
    Or maybe it's because Xbox One and Dead Rising 3 are around the corner?
    Oh, I'm aware of that. It's just going to be significantly harder to sell an individual copy of Dead Rising 2 once everyone who is an XBL Gold member between the 16th and 31st of August has the ability to download it for their account permanently.
    Gamers have two hobbies: Playing games, and complaining about those games
  • ChefjaymanChefjayman211,900
    Posted on 14 August 13 at 19:43Permalink
    xPut Name Herex said:
    Must be an attempt to still sell copies of Dead Rising 2 after its given away to all XBL Gold members in two days laugh
    Yeah lol, I'm Also thinking its a last ditch effort to try and sell as much 360 stuff before the ONE releases because they're possibly thinking the sales of the old gen will die off when next gen hits.
  • Posted on 14 August 13 at 20:29Permalink
    I played maybe 10 minutes of DMC4, otherwise i've never played any of these! Might have to consider picking it up
    LTspeirs
  • Posted on 14 August 13 at 20:43Permalink
    I just want the bag...
  • WavyGopalWavyGopal461,484
    Posted on 14 August 13 at 20:46Permalink
    Reilix said:
    JMJimmy said:
    PRO GLiTCHxx said:
    I just noticed something all the games with gold are made by microsoft or are only on xbox, makes sense.
    Some are on Steam as well (DR2, Defense Grid)
    And I believe Assassins Creed 2 is on another system as well. Just saying.
    Thats true. Like whenever you start a game it pops that microsoft studio logo thats what i mean.
  • Snarky MinxSnarky Minx281,929
    Posted on 14 August 13 at 21:13Permalink
    The theme of the Games for Gold is more that seems focused at sequels that will be appearing on XBox One. AC2 and DR2 are the obvious ones with their two sequels already announced as launch titles but a Crackdown 2 sequel seems to be me rumour mills. As well, another Fable game should be expected. The only game that doesn't fit that idea is Defence Grid but who knows.
  • Posted on 14 August 13 at 21:54Permalink
    I just want the bag
  • StarlinXStarlinX164,246
    Posted on 14 August 13 at 22:40Permalink
    CoMaestro said:
    spaceSuicide said:
    xPut Name Herex said:
    To be honest, i've been feeling like all games with Games with Gold are for promotion purposes (as in new game coming soon). I think all games (except for crackdown) have a sequel coming out soon, or just came out.
    Oh rly? Did you not see the Crackdown orb at the XboxOne release?

http://gamingbolt.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/XboxOn....jpg

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/23/did-microsoft-acciden...
  • PURE HATE MIPURE HATE MI359,283
    Posted on 14 August 13 at 23:27, Edited on 14 August 13 at 23:33 by PURE HATE MIPermalink
    At first this seemed like real exciting news to me, then I checked the Amazon.com prices for these titles.

You'll be saving like $10. Weak.
  • Posted on 15 August 13 at 00:15Permalink
    A KING 84 said:
    Not bad. Great if you're one of the rare few that don't own some of these
    I actually do not own a single one of those (although on 8/16, I'll have Dead Rising 2.)
  • CM TranceCM Trance192,592
    Posted on 15 August 13 at 01:37, Edited on 15 August 13 at 01:38 by CM TrancePermalink
    That's funny. I already have DMC4, SSFIV (and AE), Mega Man 10... and Dead Rising 2 will be free soon.
    The only game I don't have (except DR2) is RE6 but **** that POS. It's really bad.

Can I just have the bag?
  • eLiTeMC251eLiTeMC2511,087,759
    Posted on 15 August 13 at 02:49Permalink
    Already own super street fighter 4 and resident evil 6. Already beat devil may cry 4 and am about to download dead rising 2 in 2 days... $59.99 for megaman 10 and a capcom carrying bag? What a steal!!! clap
    If you are reading this than you must be interested in what this has to say. Sorry to dissappint you
  • Posted on 15 August 13 at 06:05Permalink
    I Think it was a very very bad deal!

The games are very cheap to get used.
    Also its not all top games in my oppinion.

And most people already have 1-3 of these games.
  • Posted on 16 August 13 at 01:34Permalink
    Ive seen boxes for megaman 9, it was even part of some press passes. Would have been nice to see something like that for ten, instead of a DLC card.
    Native Pride
  • Tomsta666Tomsta666242,099
    Posted on 16 August 13 at 03:41, Edited on 16 August 13 at 03:41 by Tomsta666Permalink
    Guaranteed you could find all of these games and buy them at retail for less than half of that price. That's even factoring in the $10 it costs to download Mega Man 10. $30+ for a cheap looking bag? Fuck you Capcom.
  • ScanScan299,095
    Posted on 16 August 13 at 09:20Permalink
    CoMaestro said:
    spaceSuicide said:
    xPut Name Herex said:
    To be honest, i've been feeling like all games with Games with Gold are for promotion purposes (as in new game coming soon). I think all games (except for crackdown) have a sequel coming out soon, or just came out.
    It is rumoured that there will be a crackdown sequel as it appeared on the dashboard when they revealed the Xbox One at E3.
  • ScanScan299,095
    Posted on 16 August 13 at 09:21Permalink
    Riconoclast said:
    Hang on, aren't we getting DR2 free with games with gold?
    Yep and the prologue Deadrising Case Zero as from today
  • Posted on 16 August 13 at 10:39Permalink
    exoticCentipede said:
    Is Dead Rising 2 really an essential? It's one of the worst games I ever played.
    Yeah! If anything the first should be there. Bad choice as usual Capcom.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 August 13 at 12:54Permalink
    OH WOW!!..let me guess..i get a free game...and an arcade game...and 3 other games that could be got for no more than 20$ used?..NO THANK U!!! i find it funny as all hell all the comments of these people saying how great a deal this is...get real!. go do some research real quick and you will see how they are actually getting over on you...especially since dead rising 2 is free now and megaman is an arcade...and how old are DMC 4 and super street fighter? and them about to release an ultimate street fighter 4?..HA! nice try capcom...i smelled that cash grab a mile away...maybe a 40$ price tag would do it...and maybe if like 4 out out of the 5 werent already dirt cheap or free...wow capcom has sunk to a new low
    Signature?...sure someone please hand me my pen
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 August 13 at 12:56Permalink
    Tomsta666 said:
    Guaranteed you could find all of these games and buy them at retail for less than half of that price. That's even factoring in the $10 it costs to download Mega Man 10. $30+ for a cheap looking bag? Fuck you Capcom.
    NICE! well said sir...hats off to u...good to see some people arent as easily fooled...maybe these prices are good over seas..but here in the USA THEY SUCK!
    Signature?...sure someone please hand me my pen
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.